Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

What would it take to let you go?

Craig opened his house door for me, and I stepped in. His house was chilly, and I didn't think my outfit was going to keep me extremely warm. He took my jacket, and set it on the back of the couch. He smiled gently at me, before leading me downstairs towards the recording room. He was going to let me listen to a few of the new songs they were coming up with.

He sat in a chair in front of a computer, and then began playing a song. The Flood started playing, and I was really into it. When it cut off, he looked at me expectantly. I smiled, and walked over to him. I sat in his lap, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I really like this one. I think it's going to be fantastic if you guys release it." I said, smiling. He grinned, and nodded his head. Another song began to play, but he stopped it. He turned his attention back to me, still smiling. He kissed my lips lightly, it was sweet. The kiss soon became heated, and his hands were pushing up my shirt. I automatically stiffened, and the kiss ended.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sincerity washing over his face.
"Yeah, it's just... I don't want to explain." I replied, lowering my head.
"Hey, hey." He said, pulling my head up. "You can trust me, now. What's wrong?" I told him everything, from Alex Gasrakth to Ronnie, then to me losing the baby. He didn't say a word, just shaking his head and slowly rubbing his fingers up and down my arm softly. I had tears sliding down my cheeks, and I wiped them. I tried being inconspicuous about it, but he caught me.

I was forced into a tight hug, and rested my head in the crook of his neck. I breathed softly, and tried fighting my eyes from closing. I lost the battle, my body limped and I fell into a slumber.


"Sophia, it's okay." Craig whispered in my ear, pulling me from my daze. I shook my head, and looked at the couple who was arguing over whether the CD was worth buying or not. From the sounds of it, Michaela was winning. She kissed Jack's lips, and gracefully walked to the counter.

"Hey Sara! Do you think you can check them out for me?" I called to her. She nodded, and stopped flipping through a magazine. Jack looked at me suspiciously, and I hoped he hadn't recognized my voice.

"Hey, your Craig Mabbit, right?" He asked. Craig nodded and smiled, and Monty was by his side. He didn't know my past with them, but was still there.

"I love you guy's band." He laughed, and Michaela was by his side now with her beloved CD. Sara was giving me another questionable look, but I waved her off.

"You can go take your lunch break, if you want Sara. I think I can handle things here." She smiled at me graciously, and headed towards the back room. Michaela looked at me, like she knew me.

"This is Sophia, my girlfriend. And you probably know Monty." Craig introduced us. They both smiled at us, and Jack wrapped his arms around Michaela.

"This is my fiancee, Michaela." Fiancee. He said FIANCEE. I had missed my best friends, and brothers, proposal. My breathe caught in my throat, and my lungs started hurting. I almost collapsed, but Craig supported my weight.

"Sophia, breathe dammit!" He cried, pulling me towards his chest to feel his breathing pattern. Monty had my purse, and my fast-acting inhaler in his free hand. I took took two squirts, and my breathing became steady again.

"Is she okay?" Michaela asked, looking worriedly at me. The same way she did when I would have my attacks.

"She's fine, just an minor asthma attack." Craig replied, sitting me down in a chair.

"You might want to get her home, my sister used to have horrible ones, and she had to sleep them off." Jack told us, and Craig nodded.

"I think I'm going to do that." He said to him. He turned his attention towards me, picking me up with ease. "Your okay, come on. Monty, please tell Sara she can go home, if she wants. Take my car back to the house whenever you leave." He tossed Monty the keys, and headed towards the door.

I shivered, and clutched his shirt tighter. He pulled up the sleeve of my shirt on the left shoulder, and left my store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update for the day.

I still need a few banners:]
Some comments would be lovely.