Show Me The Angel I Saw In Your Eyes

Dolce

"It's getting pretty late, guys. I think I need to head out." I stretched and stood from Vee's couch, grabbing my keys off of the coffee table. "Aww, don't go, Kivs! The party's just getting started!" I looked at Frankie who was sitting on the floor. "What party?" I said, "We're just sitting around, watching random shows on tv that we can't understand." She laughed, "Well, you're right. But don't go! How often is it that we can get away from the guys and just be girls!"

I sighed, contemplating what to do. Vee stood up, "C'mon!! Just call Jyrki and tell him you're staying the night and you'll be back in tomorrow."

"What the hell. He won't mind." I threw my keys back on the table, "I'll call him." I took my phone out and dialed.

"Yes?" A woman answered.

"What is it?" I must have made a face, because Vee was now looking at me intently.

"Uhh... I don't suppose Jyrki's there.. I must have the wrong number." I started to hang up, but the woman replied.

"No, he's here. You want to talk to him?" "Uhh... Yeah. I need to." "Hang on."

I put my hand over my phone, "Some chick picked up." "What?" "Yeah... I know."

I focused my attention back to the phone. "Baby, the phone's for you." "Oh ok, thanks." My mouth dropped open.

"Hello?" "Jyrki." He coughed, "Oh hey! Babe, how's it going? Havin' fun with Vee and Frankie?" I stuttered, "I-I was... Who was that that picked up the phone? She called you baby." "Oh, she's... she's no one, girlie. She's just a friend that I know from... from college."

I almost dropped my phone. "Jyrki. What are you doing?" I heard him say something to the girl. "Nothing, babe. Don't worry about it. What did you call me for, love?" "I-I was going to tell you that I'm staying the night at Vee's... Jyrki, tell me, please, why is that woman with you?" He coughed again, "Love, it's nothing. We're just... catching up with each other." I heard the woman giggle.

"Jyrki... Are you... You're cheating on me!? I loved you, Jyrki. More than anyone, and you tell me you love me, but... This is what I get for giving you unconditional love??" He searched for words, "Babe... I... I don't know. I'm just... I'm getting bored..." "Bored?" "Yeah, and Christina is just bringing some new things to me. I'd love for us to be together still."

"No, Jyrki. I'm not doing that. You've really hurt me. And I don't want to know why or when this started or whatever. I'm done with you. I'm leaving." And with that, I hung up the phone and threw it against the far wall. I put my head in my hands and began sobbing.