Prosthetic Head

Prosthetic Head Ch.4

Image
Amy walked in Billie's room. She looked around: all in all it was the typical teenage boy's room with posters lining the walls of punk and metal bands (and of course scantily clad women), so many clothes littering the floor you could barely see the carpet, a messy bed in the far corner of the room that hadn't been made in weeks. There was also a vague aroma of pot. Amy unconsciously scrunched her nose when she detected that smell. Billie saw her and laughed.

"What, you don't smoke pot?"

Amy shook her head and said,"No," in a quiet voice.

Billie leaned forward and said,"Everything ok?" in a concerned tone. He didn't know why, but he wanted her to be happy.

"No, it's not. Everything fucking sucks!" Amy yelled on the verge of tears. My family fucking died! How would I be ok?!

"I don't think my mom ever told me, that or I was too fucking high to remember, but why are you in foster care?" Amy sighed and told Billie what happened. Billie widened his eyes after Amy finished her story. "That fucking sucks balls! I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to lose one parent, but two? God." Billie Joe reached over and hugged Amy. She was surprised at first, but wrapped her arms around him and leaned her head on his chest. Then she started to cry. He said, "It's ok, I'm here. It'll all be alright," rubbing her back soothingly with his hands. He knew it most likely wasn't true, it just seemed like the right thing to say when your friend (and a girl, at that) was crying in your arms. After a while, Amy pulled away and wiped her face of her tears.

"Do you have any Tylenol? my head fucking hurts like hell."

"Haha, yeah we do. I'll go get you some with a glass of water."

"Thanks, Billie."

"No problem, Cox," he made an obnoxious grin at Amy and then went out the door and down the stairs.

"Well, you two seem to be getting along well." Billie jumped about a foot in the air as his mom walked out of the kitchen.

"Jesus, mom! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Billie asked putting a hand on his heart. Ollie just rolled her eyes, used to Billie's antics.

"Don't break her heart, Billie Joe. I know how you are with girls," Ollie used her stern mom voice.

"Oh? And what would that be?" Billie was mildly offended.

"You use them for sex and then throw them away when you get bored with them."

Billie stared at his mom in shock, for up until then that was exactly what he did. Oh, he had been called a loser and a user many times before, but it was different when your own mother was the one calling you a whore. He resolved to never do that again. Or at least not too often...I have needs!

"I have to get Amy a glass of water and some Tylenol," he said, trying to get around his mother and into the kitchen. Being successful, he walked to one of the cabinets and took out the Tylenol. After two tries at opening it, he finally did and got out two pills. He grabbed a clean glass and got some water from the tap. He walked up the stairs and into his room. "Tada!" He gave Amy a cheezey grin and jazz hands after he gave her the medicine and water, otherwise it wouldn't have worked too well.

"Thanks, Bill." Amy took the pills and drank the rest of the water. "Where can I sleep?" She didn't see another bed and really wanted to sleep off her crying headache.

"Oh yeah! We haven't gotten the other bed yet...You can sleep on my bed for now."

"Thanks. Can you turn the light off?"

"Sure thing. Don't let the bedbugs bite! Those things fucking hurt!" Amy laughed at Billie's humor and pulled the covers up to her chin after he had turned the light off and closed his door. I'm starting to really like him...This was Amy's last thought before she fell asleep.