Prosthetic Head

Prosthetic Head Ch. 9

---Outside---
Amy was walking alone in the dark, taking in the night sky lightening as dawn approached. She was quite calm after her anger had been spent kicking trashcans and street lamps. Amy now had time to think and speculate over the events that had happend in the past 24 hours. I can't believe all of the shit that's been happening to me! I come home after first semester finals were over to see my parents dead on the floor. Then I'm shipped of to a foster home in fucking Rodeo! And then I meet Billie, a blessing and a curse. He was an asshole at first, but then he turned out to be really awesome. He comforted me when I was crying likle a fucking baby instead of calling me a pussy. Then I sit on Mike, who seems pretty cool, and then Billie comes upstairs with that whore of a girlfriend! She kicked a rock with her scuffed Chuck. A gust of chilly wind and hit Amy and she shivered. It must be pretty late...I should head back. I hope I'll be able to find my way..
Amy looked around. She saw a park a block away and decided to go on the swings. I've always loved going on the swings. It's so relaxing. Amy chose the middle swing. She started gathering momentum when something fell out of her sweatshrt pocket. That's where my Walkman went! Stupid ass large pockets... Amy liked her jackets big. Really big. She looked at the tape inside: the Sex Pistols tape she listened to on the way to Rodeo was inside. Fucking awesome! She put the headphones on and pumped up the volume. Holding her beloved tape player inside her pocket with one hand, she began to swing again. I wonder if Billie even notices I'm gone... She turned "Anarchy In The U.K." up a bit louder. Amy was a firm believer of "If it's too loud, you're too old!"

---Billie's house---
Billie was making out with Kelly in the kitchen, much to Mike's displeasure. I'll never be able to eat in there ever again... Mike shuddered and went back to the couch. He turned on the tube, and seeing as nothing was on he decided to watch Sesame Street. Man, this is so much better when you're watching it stoned..Oh well. Billie'd kill me if I finished up his stash...
Ollie walked through the door. "I'm home! Hi Mike!" Mike was practically another one of Ollie's sons.
"Hi Mrs. O!"
"Where's Billie and Amy?" Ollie wasn't disturbed at the fact that everyone was awake at 6 o'clock in the morning. Teenagers. She gave a mental shrug.
"Billie's in the kitchen with another one of his whores-"
"Which one?"
"-Kelly. And I don't know where Amy went. She said to tell her when the slut leaves, though."
Ollie was upset with Billie for being a manwhore, and proud of Amy. I knew there was a reason I liked her.
Ollie walked into the kitchen and ripped the teens apart. "You," pointing to Kelly, "get out of my sight. Never come back here. My son will not be seeing you anymore." Kelly just huffed out. I was only with him for his drug connections anyway. I love meth... "And you," grabbing her son by the front of his shirt, "I thought you said you weren't going to be a user anymore Billie Joe! I'm very disappointed with you! You alienated your best friend and Amy, a girl whose had enough drama happen lately without you being a little shit! I saw the way you two looked at each other last night! What the fuck happened to that?!" Ollie was very heated by the end of her reprimanding session. She doesn't usually curse, but she does when she's angry and to prove a point. Billie knew this. He hung his head down in shame. I really fuck things up sometimes...Well I guess I know how to fix it.
He hugged Ollie and said, "I'm sorry, mom. I'll go find Amy, ok?"
"Ok." She smiled and ruffled her son's reddish-brown curly hair. "i know you're a good person in there." She poked him and laughed.
Billie rolled his eyes and grabbed his jacket. It was late January, after all.
"Where are you going?" Mike asked as if he already knew the answer.
"I'm going to find Amy."
"Nice! Good luck with that."
"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!"
"She looked pretty mad when you came up with slutface all over you."
Billie sighed. Damn me and my sex drive! t had gotten him into all sorts of trouble.
"Later."
"Later."
Billie walked out of the door and thought. If I were an angry chick where would I go? And then he knew. PARK SWINGS!