Status: Major editing going on with this story.

Please Tell Me What We Have Is Real

99 Times

Madison would not stop crying. No matter what I tried, she would scream at the top of her lungs and had been doing so for the past fifteen minutes. I was worried because she also was coughing and feverish. Nothing was working, so I decided to take her to the hospital as a precaution and call Brian to let him know. I would have called and asked Suzy and Papa Gates what to do, but they were out of town and I didn't want to bug any of the guys parents. So, deciding it was time ot learn how to be a parent, I was on my way to take her. I called Brian first though. I dialed the all to familiar number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bri, it's me."

"Oh hey, what's up?" He had hope in his voice, and as much as I wanted to beg him to come home, now wasn't the time.

"I need to take Madi to the hospital." I replied.

"What! What happened? is she going to be okay?" He was frantic and not helping.

"I don't know Bri. She started coughing as is burning up, plus she won't stop crying." I replied.My voice was wavering.

"Okay I'll meet you there." He said. I could here him grab his car keys, and then the door closing.

"Thank you Bri."

"Anytime." He hung up and I got Madi dressed and in her car seat, then got in the car and headed towards the hospital. After I got there, it seems like it was a blur. I walked in and told them what happened, then they took her back and had me waiting in the waiting room, Brian walked in just as they took her, so he was sitting next to me on edge.

"Bri, relax. Your making me more nervous." I said, after him bouncing his legs got irritating.

"Sorry babe, I'm worried. I can't help it." My heart fluttered when he called me that.

"I am to, but we need to be positive." I carefully slid my hand into his, and smiled when he laced our fingers together. I figured we had been there twenty minutes, so I just sat back and relaxed. After sitting for what felt like forever, Brian finally spoke.

"Has she been like this all day?"

"Not at all. She had a slight cough and a small fever, but she seemed fine. I called Matt's mom and she told me to give her a bath and keep loose clothing on her." I replied.

"I feel bad. She seemed fine yesterday."

"Don't be, things like this happen." I was really getting tired and more anxious, seeing as how it was eleven at night. We had been there now for about an hour and a half.

"I need a cigarette so bad right now." I was suprised that he lasted this long.

"Go smoke then, I'll call you if the doctor decides to come out." I replied. He was about to say no, but I gave him the look and he got up.

"If he does call me." I nodded and smiled when he kissed my cheek, then started heading towards the parking lot. I was tired and slowly closed my eyes, waiting and hoping the doctor didn't come back out till Brian came back. After a few minutes I was almost asleep.

"Babe wake up, I got you something to drink." Brian's voice filtered through my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted with him standing over me, blocking out the lights. When he saw that I was awake he moved to sit back beside me.

"Thank you." I yawned as he handed me the water bottle and opened it before taking a drink.

"Your welcome." He replied. He was drinking a diet Dr.Pepper and still bouncing his legs.

"I wish they would let us know something already." Is aid after a few minutes of watching other people slowly walk out of the waiting room.

"I think that might e the doctor now." Brian said nodding his head in the direction of one heading our way. As he stopped in front of us, we both stood up and waited for him to speak.

"Mr. and Mrs. Haner I presume?" he asked. Not feeling like correcting him I nodded my head.

"Madison is perfectly fine. She's seems to have caught a small cold, but we gave her some drops to help her get better. We just want to keep her overnight to watch her. So, she should be released in the morning." He told us.

"can we go see her?" Brian asked for us.

"Of course. She's in the nursery down in Maternity so just go there." We thanked him and started walking that way, I had grabbed Brian's hand as we were on our way, which made him give a small smile. As we walked ot the next building, and decided I needed to get this over with now. Pulling his hand to stop, he looked confused, so I took a deep breathe before what I said next.

"Come back home Brian. I miss you, need you and want you there. I love you so much." I finally let the breathe I held in out when I said it.

"I thought I was going to have to beg and pleade to get you to take me back. Hell yes I'll come home." He replied. I squealed and smiled when he lifted me off the ground to hug me close, then reached up and kissed him, reminding myself not to let it go to far.

"Let's go see our daughter." I said after he put me back down. When we walked in the room, we found her crib and went straight over to it. She was hooked up to a couple machines, and it pained me to see her like that.

"I hate seeing her like this." Brian said for the both of us.

"I know how you feel." She was sound asleep and you could tell she felt alot better.

"So, I was thinking, that in the morning I would go get my stuff from dad's house and then meet you at the house." He looked thoughtful, and I couldn't help but smile at him.

"I think that would be perfect." I replied. For now, everything was alright, everything was the way it should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is way shorter than the one I had orginally typed up. I tried my best to remember what I wrote, but not so good. I will do an Epilogue when I finish this story, which will be in four chapters. Comments, please?