Miracles Really Do Start in Hospitals

It's Just Not Worth It

[Abby’s P.O.V.]

I woke up in a hospital bed wondering how I got her this time, when I saw my mom sitting in a chair across the room reading.
“Mom, what happened?” My voice was low and raspy. Her head shot up and she smiled then her smile faded.
“Your blood sugar got too low while you were sleeping sweetheart. I am going to go get the doctor I will be right back ok?”
“Okay mom.”
That is when I noticed that there was a boy in the room on a bed also. He was awake and looking at me.
“Hey I’m Abby.” I told him with a small smile.
“Hi I’m Nick.” He told me also with a small smile.
“So you have diabetes too?” He said.
“Yeah, and we do not get along at all!” I said over dramatically and he chuckled.
“So how did you end up here Mr. Nick?” I said while smiling.
“My blood sugar was high, dang ketone acidosis.” He said jokingly.
“Nick! Ketone acidosis could kill you! Don’t you know that?” I said loudly. He signed.
“Yeah, I guess you right.”
“I am totally right!” I said cutting him off and he smiled and laughed a little.
“But this whole diabetes thing it’s just not worth it, I just don’t think I can put up with it any more.” He said sadly.
“Nick but what if you would have stayed alive and ended up being the president but then the world blows up because you die!” I said seriously with a slight smile on my face. He just rolled his eyes at me.
“Yeah I guess, but I doubt I will ever be president.”
“You never know.” I said waving my hands in the air for dramatic effect.
Then the doctor came in to check on me, he had me check my blood sugar and other doctor stuff, then had a nurse bring me food since I had not eaten since I passed out two days ago.
So once I got my food I saw Nick looking at me while I ate and I just look at him and smiled really big.
“What do it have something in my teeth?” I said and he rolled his eyes and shook him head no.
Once I was done eating Nick and I talked for a while about diabetes and about our selves.
Over the course of about four hours Nick and I really got to know each other he was really smart, funny, sweet, and may I add very cute.
Over the next few days while we were in the hospital we talked and really got to know each other, we became best friends. I could not help it but I was starting to have a crush on him.

{Nick’s P.O.V.}

Wow. Abby is really sweet, nice, funny, and cute, I can’t believe how lucky I am to have meet her here. I think I’m starting to get a crush.

The doctor said we are both leaving tomorrow and for the first time I’m kinda sad to be leaving this place. I think Abby is going to be my reason to keep fighting this disease, I will have to see how long it lasts.
Abby and I were up walking to the cafeteria because we were both hungry and tired of the boring hospital room. Abby is the fastest person to break down my walls, I usually am not this open with people. The more I think about it the more I want her to be my girlfriend. Maybe I will ask her before she leaves tomorrow.

After we both got our food we went back to the boring old hospital room and checked our blood sugar, we always had this game were who ever had their blood sugar closest to 100 got to ask the other person a question and they has to answer it truthfully. Abby’s blood sugar was 108 and mine was 136.
“Haha! I win.” Abby yelled.
“Okay, okay geez! You don’t have to yell.” I said playfully.
“Ok so Nick do you have a girlfriend?” Abby said smiling, I thought I saw some hope in her eyes but I’m not too sure.
“Nope, girls are icky!” I said like a five year old.
“Gasp!” She said while putting her hand over her mouth. I started laughing.
“What are you laughing at?” She said smiling, once stopped laughing I finally answered her.
“That is so weird!” I told her.
“Pshh you know you love it!” she said smiling. You have no idea.

Abby’s (P.O.V.)

Today Nick and I are leaving after lunch, I’m really going to miss him, we gave each other our email and cell phone numbers, and promised to call. Right now it is about 10a.m. and we are leaving around one.
Nick walked over to me looking kind of nervous.
“Hey, what’s up Nick?” I said.

“Hey, I w-was umm sort o-of wondering………” he trailed off.
“Hey, come on Nick you know you can tell me.” I reassured him with a smile. He gave me a faint smile back.
“I was wondering if y-you wanted to um be my g-girl f-friend?” He said nervously, a huge smile broke out on my face and he smiled back. I ran over to him and hugged him. When I pulled away we were both smiling.
“I’ll take that as a yes?” He said more as a question that a statement.
“Yes!” I said super excitedly. We both smiled then leaned him and he kissed me it was short, sweet, and perfect. I guess they were right miracles really do start in hospitals.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first one shot I hope you like it. =D
Comment please.
-Chloe <33