Trashed and Scattered Again

Secrets Revealed

Monday morning my mom dropped Tess and I off at school. Matt wanted me to ride with him, but I said that I would after school. Well more like I’d promised. "Thanks mom" I said over my shoulder as I got out.

"I'll see you at home. have a good day girls!" I saw Matt and Zacky walking towards where Tess and I were standing.

"Hey Ai!" Matt and Zacky greeted me in unison.

"Hey guys" Matt walked over to me and gave me a kiss. "Morning Matt" He just smiled.

"Hi Matt." Tess basically threw herself at him.

"Hi." Matt told her as his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Hi Tess" Anna and Bella’s voices called as they got closer.

"Hi!" She squealed. After they left Zacky lifted his finger at them which made me laugh.

"Don't like my sister there Zacky?" I asked joking.

"Not at all. I wonder if she knows I just flipped her off?" Zacky wondered as we walked.

"No. She probly wouldn't know what it meant." I answered in all seriousness.

"Why do you say that?" Matt looking over at me.

"Well when we were about 13 it was on t.v, and um she asked me what it meant. And me having to be a smatass said it was a good luck sign, but it was a secret so don't tell our mom. And the sad part is she believed me." Matt and Zacky laughed. That is when the usual pest that bothered Matt walked up. I knew they hated each other I just didn’t know why. I made a mental note to ask later.

"Oh Matt finally got a girlfriend." He teased looking at me.

"Jake shut up. Go away" Matt snarled at him quickly.

"Come on baby dump this loser I'll show you a good time." he looked back at me.

"Shut up you bastard." I gave him a go to hell look.

"Don't be like that."

"Stay away from my girlfriend!!" Matt snapped.

"Make me!" Jake moved closer to Matt.

"Fine." Matt was about to lunge at him when Zacky grabbed him. I joined in on holding Matt back.

"Dude he's not even worth it." Zacky told Matt.

"I said go away." Matt snarled again as he broke free of our grip, this made Jake ran away like a coward.

"What just happened?" I asked looking at Matt.

"Nothing. It's not important."

"It is to me."

"It's nothing" Matt gave me a kiss making me drop it for the time being.. "Fine." Zack would tell me later if I begged enough.

Math finally came and Zacky and I walked down the halls. "What's up with Matt and that Jake guy?" I asked looking at him. I hoped that he really would tell me.

"It's a long story. They have been at war since middle school. And a bunch of crap happened. Every school Matt ends up at Jake shows up at." I knew there was something that Zacky wasn’t telling me that he knew.

"What did he do?"

"I would tell you, but well Matt will tell you when it's time to know. It's really personal to Matt,” Zacky took a breath and paused. “and I think he worries about what Jake would do to you."

"I'm not scared of him,” And I wasn’t. “and Matt's not going to tell me."

"When it's time he will." The rest of that day it bugged the hell out of me. On the way home after Matt had dropped Zacky off I brought it up.

"Matt please tell me what's going on with that Jake guy." I looked over at him to see his expression.

"Ai it's nothing for you to worry about."

"Matt, do you trust me?"

"Yes"

"If you really trust me, you'll tell me."

Matt turned and I wondered where he was driving to. "Have you ever been to the beach?" Obviously he was going to change the subject.

"No."

"You've lived in Huntington Beach for 3 months and haven't been to the beach?"

"Never"

"Well we will have to fix that.” He went silent for a minute or so before adding in something else. “On the way back I'll tell you. I promise."

"I'm holding you to that."

"I know you will." I saw as he smiled a bit. At the beach I was amazed, truly amazed. We stayed there for an hour, and then we got in his truck.

"Well start talking." I wasn’t letting him out of this.

"In the first grade he'd tell on me and get me into trouble. I got into my first fight in 3rd grade with him and I beat the crap out of him. Things just got worse as they went. Then the last school I got kicked out of the principle hated me and when I leaned on newly planted tree he lost it. I went that night and pulled all of them up. Kicked out, no shocker there though. Jake ended up at my new school. The principle died of heart failure, and I was almost blamed for it. Jake started telling everyone I killed him. Then the first girlfriend I got he told her a bunch of crap about me, and she dumped me within a week. Same old story. Jake was better. Then about a year ago. Okay no exactly a year ago, it happened. Same old story, ended up at the police station and my parents had to come get me. But for once it was Jake's fault. I beat him after he did something." Matt said looking down.

"What did he do?"

"My little sister Amy liked him. So he befriended her. He tried to rape her, and when I found out I went crazy. His parents took him to the hospital after the fight. Since then I'm just waiting for the day I can make him pay more." Matt’s fists clenched as he explained.

"He didn't do that to her right?"

"No, I caught him in time. Ai that's why I don't want him any where near you." As Matt drove silence fell.

"Thank you for telling me." I broke it unable to sit in the silence that was scaring me.

"Are you scared?"

"Why do you ask?”

"I can hear it in your voice."

"Bad memories."

"I'm what's scaring you aren’t I?"

"Um a few years back my uncle lived with us. He'd get made a lot and yell things. He hit stuff, and he came after me one night. I feel bad for Amy. I know what it's like to almost have that happen. Thankfully after that my parents never let him around anymore.”

"Ai, I would never hurt you. I know I have problems controlling my anger, and my voice probly sounded really mad. But Ai I don't want you to be scared. I would never do anything to hurt you."

"I trust you. And now that you know about that maybe you'll why I'm the way I am sometimes."

"What way?"

"Distant. Scared to fully love sometimes, or so I’ve been told."

"Ai I never thought that about you."

"You're the first. that's why my last boyfriend broke up with me."

"Well he didn't get you. I do." I smiled. "But we shall never speak of this." I laughed this time and he smiled.

"Yeah."

“Why don't you come to my house Saturday? The band is practicing."

"Okay cool. I'll be there."

"Cool." At my house I saw Tess watching through the window. Matt leaned over and kissed me, I knew that would piss her off.

"I'll be on my instant messenger to night."

"I'll talk to you then."

"Bye"

"Bye" Inside Tess went off the minute I walked through the door.

"I hate you! You boyfriend stealer!" She yelled pointing at me.

"In order for me to have stolen your boyfriend Matt would have had to be your boyfriend. In which he wasn't!" I went up to my room to get away from it but over dinner she started again.

"He liked me so much!" She pouted making me angry.

"He lever liked you! He told me so!"

"I don't care! I had my eyes on him first!"

"Newsflash bright one, the only reason you even know him is because he is my friend. Him and Zacky both."

"Mom aren't you going to make her dump him? I'm the one who should be happy!"

"If you don't knock it off you'll be grounded." My mom told her. I finished dinner and then went up to my room. I got on my computer and logged into my IM. Zacky was on.

Fallenstar: What's up Zacky?

ZackyV: Nothin much. You?

fallenstar: The same. Having to deal with my stupid sister.

zackyv: She's still giving you shit about how Matt likes you and not her?

fallenstar: Yup. She's the only one who should have a guy like her

zackyv: Whatever
fallenstar: Did you do your homework 4 math yet?

zackyv: No, I have to go do it now. I'll talk to you later or tomorrow.

fallenstar: Later

zackyv: Later

I waited a few minutes and then Matt logged on.

Shadz: Hey Ai

fallenstar: Hey Matt

shadz: What's up?

fallenstar: Nothing. How about you?

shadz: Nothing.

fallenstar: lol

shadz: So did you like the beach?

fallenstar: Yes

shadz: Hey um I've gotta go eat dinner and stuff.

fallenstar: I've gotta go brush Bear. I'll see you at school tomorrow

shadz: Night

fallenstar: Night.