Status: writer's blockkkk...gimme a minuteee

Love's Not A Competition

Straight Lines

Day 17: October 23rd, 2008 -Portland, OR

I was slowly coming back in to the right state of mind. My brain, already re-inacting everything that happened last night. I didn't really want to get back on the subject, but I knew it'd rehash. I opened my eyes in order to just look at the back of the seat I slept upon. The movement of the van was calming. It had to be at least eight, too early for me.

I looked over to the other side of the seat anticipating the vision of Jack, but seeing Rachel instead. I looked a seat in front of me, where he was last night when I fell asleep. Kaycee lay in Justin's arms directly in front of me while Cecely laid on the other side of the seat. Aiden sat a seat ahead of her, the passenger seat. His body limp, his face slumping off the middle of his seatbelt. That could only leave one person for the driver's side. I unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed over the seat unnoticed. I knelt in front of Rachel's head and made my way to the driver's seat of the van before standing back up.

My arms slid down Jack's chest, my lips caressed his cheek. "Hey..." I whispered.

"Hey." He replied softly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah...did you?"

He didn't respond.

"Did you sleep...at all?" I rephrased.

"No...I uh, just kinda sat on the seat all night. Aiden drove to the hotel, I carried you in. Everyone went to sleep. This morning, everyone woke up to get ready to drive. You were still sleeping, so I put you back in the van and just started driving..."

"Jack, you need to go to sleep. Seriously. You look like hell."

"I'm fine. I've just been thinking all night."

"Jack, let me drive. Go to sleep. I'm sorry about everything I said. We can talk about it later, I just want you to sleep right now, okay?"

"Angie, we'll be at the venue in like a half hour. Can you just stop clawing at me every second of your life? Please."

I bit my tongue. I decided not to have the last word. "Well, I just wanna make sure you're not tired today, I wanna go do something." I smiled.

"Can do. Just have to get to the venue first."

I smiled again before kissing his cheek. His awkward silence and earlier outbreak only helped state the obvious: he was bitter from the night before. As was I, but I didn't want to show it so much anymore...It really wasn't too much of his fault, he just fell for the bait. Why does this relationship have to be so hard?

***

After a good fourty-five minutes, Jack got us to the venue. Kids were already lined up across the building, keeping the security guards busy. Jack and I snuck out of the other side of the van and concealed ourselves behind TAI's tour bus. He threw me on his back and piggy-back transported me to McDonald's.

We sat down after ordering our not so healthy breakfast and began to eat.

"I can't believe you only got a hashbrown." Jack eyed my food in amazement.

"I'm not like you, I don't eat ridiculosly giant amounts of grease and veggie oil. You really need to stop coming here so much, you may be skinny, but your heart is getting weaker by the moment, my love."

Jack glared at me. "My heart is fine, dear. Maybe I'm just in love...Did you ever think you weaken my heart, hmm?"

I laughed at his fake serenity and took another bite out of my hashbrown.

"Jack?" I heard from behind me. Two girls obviously here for the show, looked past me and carried on talking to my boyfriend.

"Hey guys!" Jack replied politely then grinned at me.

"Why are you here?!" One of the girls asked, barely holding on to her food.

"...Hi...Angie..." The other one interrupted. The first girl looked back at me, unaware of my presense.

"Hey!" I replied to the second girl, and awknowledged the other. "You guys ready for the show?"

They both nodded. "Yeah! Definately!" The second girl replied. The first girl looked back at Jack.

"Wait, are you guys...wait, nevermind."

"Dating?" I finished. "Yes ma'am."

"Oh." She replied quietly. "So, are you guys friends with The Academy Is..., that's why you're here?"

The second girl jabbed her friend's side. "No, idiot! Angie's band is playing. Jack is here for Angie."

I nodded in agreement a little shocked from the small sample of violence. I glanced at Jack's watch, eleven o'clock already. The day should definately go slower, he's gone tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I don't need no time to say there's no changing yesterday if we keep talking and
I keep walking in straight lines. Wake me up lower the fever, walking in a straight line. Set me on fire in the evening, everything will be fine. Waking up strong in the morning, walking in a straight line. Lately I'm a desperate believer, but walking in a straight line."
-Silverchair

definately just annoying babble, sorry. dont you just hate it when i dont post for like a year, and youre like "hell yeah, this shit is gonna pwn!" then i post and its shit? i hate it too, sorry...
well, comment&subscribe.
and if you care about my life, this chapter's update on me is that i have finally met dem academy boysss after almost three years of waiting. private meet and greets FTW! oh, and i chilled with family force 5 which was also pretty pwnalicious. hung with mayday parade on their bus also which was totally hilarious, i really need to either be famous or a photojournalist for ap mag pronto...and uhh theres pictures on my page if you are interested in my lovely experience with the academy is... and mayday parade. OH! and my birthday was on the first, im 16 and no longer a baby junior. (:

oh, hey look at that, me talking was longer and more interesting than the actual chapter.