Status: writer's blockkkk...gimme a minuteee

Love's Not A Competition

Face Down

*Monday*

I took a step out of my car and made my way across the street towards the tall building which held my collegues (well, at least the ones who were currently in California). I could already see Zac standing on the sidewalk.

Alright, it's just Zac. He has a girlfriend and you're on the verge of having a boyfriend. Keep your cool, you're not interested.

I sighed, hoping I was right. I mean, he's right there waiting for me...Zachary Wayne Farro.

He and I walked forward until we approached each other. "Hey!" His southern accent rang out almost booming.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Great." He smiled.

"So, what kind of tour are you giving me?" I inched closer to him.

"A tour of everyhing and everyone in this building."

"Really Zac, you're THAT cool?"

"Yes I am. Why? You don't believe that I'm capable of being cool?"

"Oh, I didn't say that. I just find it hard to believe." I smiled.

"Shut up."

"Let's just go inside." I suggested.

He smiled at me and jogged to the front door. He opened it and ushered me in. "Ladies first."

"Thank you kind gentleman." I said and walked in.

He grinned wider and followed me in. "This is where we all come to chillax. We hang out, record stuff, hang out more, work on tours, hang out..."

"I'm guessing you guys just hang out a lot?"

"You got it."

"Sweet...Party label..."

"Yes indeed." He turned a corner in the middle of the hallway we were in and knocked on a door. Music filled the room and was filtering itself out of the door. "WHAT?!" An occupant yelled.

"Do you even know who's in here?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Oh my God. " I replied as he opened the door.

Zac cracked open the door and peeked his head in. "Zachary Farro!" Someone yelled.

He opened the door all the way and walked in to go talk to whomever noticed him. The door almost hit my face and I dodged it by walking in.

Five people were spread amongst the room. I knew who they all were, but couldn't believe what I was seeing. Two of them were sitting relatively close, my favorite two in the band. One of the two sprung up as I was trying to piece together what was happening.

"Heyyy." Mike Carden said as he approached me.

"Hey...Mike."

"Hey...uhh...Angie? Right?"

"Yeah...It's Angie...That's cool, you remember." My eyes were scanning across the room.

Sisky yelled Zac's name when we walked in. William was sitting closest to the door. Michael was sitting next to Mike before he had gotten up. The Butcher was sitting across the room on a couch nearby what I assumed to be Sisky's bass. They were all here, The Academy Is..., and they were all looking at me while I was talking to Mike.

"Yeah, I think you and your band are great. You guys are like...really good."

"I could say the same thing." I smiled. I remembered myself a few months ago freaking out over this band, watching the beginning of season two of TAI TV. I sensed nervousness. It must have shown.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked.

"Y-Yeah." I just honestly realized something...silly."

"What's that?"

"It's been my goal to meet you guys since I was fourteen. Honestly."

Mike smiled at me and laughed a little. "Really?" He looked around at everyone as if it was unbelieveable.

"Well, everyone except Michael...It's been my goal to meet him since I was sixteen." I looked past Mike to see the Austrailian fifth of the band. He seemed interested in what I had been saying, I smiled at him and continued. "You guys are really awesome. I guess I've just always wanted to hang out and tour with you or something."

"Well, let's do it!" Mike suggested.

"Do what?"

"Hang out. Let's do it."

I looked back over my shoulder at Zac. "Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, whatever you want." He agreed.

I looked back at Mike. "Yeah, we can. But I can only be out for another hour or two. I have to meet somebody back at my house soon." I felt kind of bad as refering to Jack as 'somebody' but I would have been lying to Mike, Zac, everyone else in the room, and myself if I had said 'boyfriend' instead.

"Yeah, sure sure. We can just jam or something. Sit down, make yourself comfortable." Mike shuffled me over to the couch as if it were his house. "Consider this a dream come true."

***

"Hey."

"Hi." Jack leaned in the arch of my door and kissed my cheek before letting himself in. I felt my face get warmer as I watched him make his way to the couch. "Did you bring any movies or anything?" I asked while I closed the door.

"Uh, no. I wanna watch the movies you have. Let's just say that every movie we brought with us is a little too romantic for us."

"EW!" I laughed. "You're so gross."

"Oh, I'm just kidding. Calm down." He smiled as he plopped down on the couch. He pat the spot next to him and grabbed the remote to the TV.

I smiled widely and sat on the sofa next to him. He put his arm around my shoulder and laid his head on top of mine. I waited for him to find a channel while the calming motion of his chest going up and down soothed me.

Jack rose his head up. "Let's go get some ice cream. I'm in the mood for some."

I turned to look at him. "Okay." I smiled at his random gesture. "So much for movies."

***

"What kind of ice cream do you want?" Jack asked me. I was amazed by the extended set of flavors on the menu.

"What kind don't I want? I think I'll stick to cotton candy."

"Alrighty. Two scoops of cotton candy on a cone and two scoops of Rocky Road in a cone as well." The casier rolled her eyes with the annoyance of my amazement. I had finally picked a flavor.

"4.78" She said, her eyes coming back to look straight ahead.

Jack gave her a five dollar bill and the kid behind her started scooping our ice cream. He handed us each our cone and sighed.

Jack led me outside as he held open the door. He took my hand as we walked back to my apartment.

"Do you want to know what I really wanna do?" Jack asked me. He continued walking at a slow pace.

"What do you wanna do?"

He ate the last bit of his cone. "I don't really think I should do it anymore."

"Why?"

"Because you might not like it."

"What? Why?"

"You might not like it...my breath might smell bad or something." He stopped walking in front of my building and unlaced his fingers from mine; going up to caress my cheek.

I smiled as he came closer to me; we both knew exactly what he was trying to do. Our heat was circulating together. My heart pounded for the moment I had always wished for as it was finally falling into place. I saw one last grin from the side of his mouth before he pressed his lips to mine, both of us pulling each other closer to keep our lips pressing harder. We broke apart, pulled back, and broke apart again.

"How could you say that I would dislike that?" I smiled while feeling slight embarrassment.

Jack smiled back. "I knew I wouldn't. I like everything about you."

He put his arms around my waist and slowly approached my mouth again. "Let's go inside."

He nudged me, making me smile while I grabbed his hand.

Jack sat on the couch again as soon as we arrived inside. I put my keys on the coffee table so I could lounge on Jack. He stood up as I sat down. "What are you doing?!" I whined as he began to walk in the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?"

"I guess...a little bit, I mean...the ice cream helped though."

"Well, I want you to just relax. I haven't seen you all day." He came out of the kitchen to kiss my forehead. "I'll take care of it."

Jack went back in the kitchen and began going through the cabinets. "Jack, you don't have to make me dinner." I yelled while getting up from the couch.

"Sit down Angela." He came running from the kitchen.

I laughed. "Fine." I sat down again and looked at the TV noticing stupid America's Next Top Model. I watched Tyra Banks say the same thing she does every episode for a half hour until Jack finally walked in the living room with two plates.

"Bon Apetit."

"Mmm." I looked at the plate of spaghetti Jack placed in front of me. "The token first dinner date meal." I gave him the kiss he had stopped by my face for. "Thank you, it looks good." I smiled at him and kissed him again.

"Ahh, thank you. It's one of the only foods I can make. Next to cereal. And I know you don't eat meat, so I didn't put any in, because I'm a good person." He smirked at his statement.

We both took another forkful of spaghetti. "Hey Ang, I've been meaning to ask you something for a few days now." He was scraping his fork on his plate.

I looked up from my meal. "Sure Jack, what is it?"

He hesitated repeatedly. "I was...I wanted to know....would you mind...um..would you be my uh, girl-friend?"

I smiled and knew the red blush was coming back once again. "Yes! Jack, I will. I...Yeah!"

Jack smiled back excitedly. "You will?"

"Yeah, Jack...why wouldn't I? I really like you. Probably more than I should."

Jack chuckled. "Then I guess it's official. Jack Barakat is dating Angela Lambert." He came to my side of the table and kissed my lips once again. My stomach was paraded by butterflies. I couldn't bear the fact that each of us had wanted each other so badly. It was mutual. I wanted him and he wanted me. I pulled him closer to me, not wanting to let go. Not wanting the butterflies to leave just yet. Jack pulled away.

"Damn."

"What?" I giggled.

"My head spun around like...four times...That means too much already."

I giggled again. "I had butterflies."

He smirked nervously. "Are you done with your food yet?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm full. Thank you, it was good."

"You're welcome. Are you ready for a movie now? I could go for one."

"Oh sure. Can we watch my favorite movie?"

"Yeah, babe. Whatever you want."

The butterflies rapidly came back. Jack came out of the kitchen as I put the movie in the DVD player and turned off the lights before sitting down.

Jack grabbed my waist and kissed me as soon as I got close enough for his arms to reach. We shared small kisses as I began to lay back on the arm of the sofa. Jack slithered his body in between my legs in order to lay on top of me. He glanced at the screen.

"Clue?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "Best movie ever."

"I've never seen it."

I stared at him with a terrified expression. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OH MY GOD! NO, GET UP! WATCH IT! GET OFF OF ME!"

He did as he was told and laughed at my reaction. "Fine." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

***

I opened my eyes and saw that the TV had been turned off. I could feel Jack's deep breaths hitting my neck. His arms were around my stomach and the inhailing and exhailing of his chest once again soothed me. I sat there for a few minutes and listened to Jack's light snores. I held the top of Jack's hand and slowly lifted them both over my head in order to get up. Jack turned over but remained asleep. I smiled at the sight of Jack's bedhead. I bent over to kiss his cheek before I began walking to my room. "Good night, Jack." I whispered.
My boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I'm on my face again, it's where I should have been. Brings me back to where I found you, where I first fell for you. No more depending on myself, it's you and me and no one else. You stretch out your hand, and now it feels like I am falling into love, love, love. Can't get enough of love..."
-Family Force 5