Status: writer's blockkkk...gimme a minuteee

Love's Not A Competition

All My Loving

I tiredly opened my eyes and yawned. My eyes scanned the room, noticing my ceiling fan circulating above me. I turned over and closed my eyes again trying to piece together everything that happened the previous night.

'Was it a dream?' I asked myself. Was I honestly dating Jack Barakat? I was. This was all happening so fast. Yesterday, I was in school dreaming of this exact life, today I'm living it. My life had completely decided to pass me by. I could barely remember anything that's happened since I moved here.

The floor next door to me creaked numerous times. It was nearly salvation that Kaycee was awake. I got up quickly and opened my door. My eyes caught a quick glance at something in the living room. I peeked in a little bit closer to see someone sleeping; Jack.

"Oops..." I felt dumb for forgetting the fact that we had both fallen asleep on my couch last night. Wow, Kaycee must think wonders about me.

I went back down the hall and cracked open Kaycee's door to find her watching TV. "Hey."

"Hey." She acknowledged me.

"Can we talk?"

"Oh my God. Something happened! I knew it Angie! I knew it as soon as I saw you guys lying on the couch! Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! Ahh! I can't wait to be your maid of honor and AH! I'm gonna be an aunt!"

My stomach churned as she smiled. "Okay, I hope you know that's exactly why I wanted to talk to you. The thought of all of that scares the hell out of me."

"What? Wait, did Jack like propose to you or something?! Why are you thinking about this?! WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"I don't know, Kaycee...I just think that the whole Angie and Jack thing is going too fast."

"Angie, what are you talking about? Molasses could mate faster than you."

I stared at her trying to pretend that even made sense.

"You haven't even kissed him yet. How could that be fast?"

"Umm..."

"Oh my God, oh my God! Angie! What else happened?!"

"Well, I'm officially his girlfriend..."

Kaycee squeeled loudly. "STOP! You're gonna wake all the boys up!"

She put her pointer finger up to her lips and shushed herself. "Kaycee, he's so sweet...but, I...I don't know if I'm rushing into things. I mean we just signed a record deal, he lives in Maryland, we live here. Even if I visited Illinois, that wouldn't be enough. It's still far as hell...I just don't know what to do, you know? I'm scared that it won't work out. And I don't want to break up for something dumb like our distance."

"I get it, but I don't think that'll happen. I mean, this is like their second home. Zack lives here. And plus, you and Jack REALLY like each other." Her posture straightened. "I mean, you guys are really crazy about each other and that might be why it seems like it's moving too fast, but it's really not, Angie."

I sighed. "I don't know Kaycee, I'm gonna think about it. I just need to get my shit together. I'm not gonna break up with him or anything. I just need to think about what's going on. Everything around here's picking up full speed."

"Yeah," She scoffed. "You're telling me, buddy." I got up to walk to the door.

"I guess I should make breakfast or something. I'm getting hungry."

"Great idea." She agreed. "Me too."

I grinned at her and closed the door to start my way down the hall. As soon as I turned around, I heard a voice behind me. "Good morning, girlfriend."

"Good morning, boyfriend." I replied as I pulled into a hug with Jack. He kissed the top of my forehead and moved down to my lips keeping a grin on his face. Too good to be true.

*Next Week*

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

Jack gave me a reassuring smile and kissed my cheek. It felt like we had been dating for years instead of our semi-official month.

"Will you call me when you get home?" I asked while lacing our fingers together.

"As soon as the plane makes it to the ground." He kissed me one more time to calm my feelings about the absense I knew I'd soon feel. Jack looked at his watch and looked back at me with sadness in his eyes.

"I better get going. I'm really gonna miss you, Ang. I'll be back before you know it."

"I know. In the meantime I guess I could just hang with Zack. I mean, he's here too. He's pretty fun." I gushed about the bassist who had basically become my best friend.

"Yeah, do that. Make some new friends. Tell me about it. Call me every night and don't skip a thing. It'll be almost like I never left." He smiled at me again. "I wish I didn't have to do this." He chuckled.

"Me either."

He looked at his watch again. "I have to go, for reals."

I laughed before he gave me a long and passionate kiss that I never wanted to end. He pulled away and kissed me one more time, but not as long.

"Bye Angie."

"Bye Jack."

He, Rian, Alex, Lisa, and Kara all waved goodbye to Kaycee, Justin, and I. I felt alone as soon as Jack's silhouette disappeared through the airport.

I had never liked goodbyes. I always felt that my mind had made them more dramatic than they needed to be. Thoughts filled my head and I could only set my mind on one sentence that seemed to be the most dramatic thought of them all. It rang over and over through my mind: 'Goodbye for a long time. It'll seem like forever.'
♠ ♠ ♠
"I'll pretend that I'm kissing the lips I am missing, and hope that my dreams will come true. And then while I'm away, I'll write home every day; and I'll send all my loving to you."
-The Beatles

Quick Note: I honestly would like to say [as dumb as it sounds] that this no longer seems like a fan fic, I have now kissed Jack Barakat as of 5/16/09...MUTHA-FUCKIN BLISS, MANNN!