Beauty And The Beast - Werewolf Style

1. Wasn't expecting that!

Chapter 1.

I was staring at the bright moon tonight, it was only half a moon but I still loved to stare at it for hours on end. I looked over my shoulder to see my pack: Hawk, Bane, Lakota and Archer. I felt something cold and wet toch the side of my muzzle (nose) and I looked over and stared into the eyes of my twin brother, my Beta; second in command to me, the Alpha.

It's wierd that I ended up being alpha when you automatically think that it would be my brother, but I was always the stronger of the two.

'Arrow..you should be sleeping' I told him telepathically as I gave him the best dissaproving look I could in this form.

(All alpha's can talk to their pack members telepathically, but only their pack).

'I was about to head of as a matter of fact' he said as he raised his muzzle into the air, almost as if I offended him.
I laughed at him the best I could in this form which ended uo sounding something between a cough and a snort.

'You doing the last patrol for the night?' he asked me as I calmed down a bit.

'Yeah..just a quick one' I said as I got and headed into the forest that surrounds our little sanctuary.

'Oh..and just in case something happens, no matter what you hear, stay here with the pack. DON'T go being a hero Arrow' I said looking at him seriously.

'Yeah D, I know the drill' he said rather boredly, rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

'Hey, I'm serious Arrow, something just doesn't feel right. Promise me, ok?' I said as I looked at him pleadingly. He was never the one to be serious. He was always the 'free spirit', but I love him so I make sure that he knows how serious I am when I get these type of feelings.

'Ok D, I promise. Just be careful,ok? Love you' he said as he stared at me intently.

'I'll try Row. Love you too' I said as I nudged him in the shoulder.

I turned around and stalked towards the forest' edge. I knew something bad was going to happen, but I didn't know what. We've had to be careful these past few weeks because there have been some hunters that have been lurking around.

*-*-*-*- Later -*-*-*-*

I was coming to the end of my patrol. I was still a few miles away from the pack; when I heard a twig snap somewhere to the left of me. I stilled and sniffed the air, praying that it wasn't a hunter. I caught the scent of an animal....a bear and it was pissed as hell. I could also smell vampire blood from the bear. Which means that a hunter, a vampire has put it's blood into it to make it enraged and feral, a killing machine.

This is the first time that I've come close to one, not that I would want to. Not by choice at least because it's been said that they are almost impossible to kill, they are stronger, faster and angry as hell. I turned around to head in the direction of my pack, I couldn't afford to go up against such a monster.

I heard an angry roar behind me and I stopped mid - step, breath catching in my throat and then I felt them. A pair of huge claws dug into my back and flung me to the left and straight into a tree.
'Shit' I thought as I howled in pain.

'What's happening D!' I heard Arrow shout to me in my head.

'Don't worry, I can handle it. Stay there and protect the pack, I'll lead the bear away.' I told him as I got up and stared into the enraged eyes of the demonic bear.

'Be careful' I heard him whisper as I lunged at the bears throat and it stumbled back.

I always am, brother' I said in a hurry as I roared in pain as the bear grabbed me by the neck and held me away from it. I growled and swiped at it in hopes of injuring it to let me go. It tightened it's claws around my neck. I swung my paw at its face and clipped it's eye. It howled in pain and flung me away as if I was a leaf.

My head was what took the impact as I slammed into a tree. Stars burst into my vision and I felt really dizzy. I could feel myself fading away as I heard the thumping steps of the bear coming towards me. I leapt to the side and when the bear had its back to me, I jumped on its back with all the strength I could.

I dug my claws into its shoulders as it frantically tried to reach back and tear me off, but it only caused me to dig them in more. I had to think of something quick. I couldn't afford to be thrown again so I did the first thing that came to my mind. I clamped my jaw around the back of its neck and sharply twisted it to the right.

A snap met my ears as the bear and I fell forwards. We hit the ground with a loud thump and I was flung off of the bear by the force and came to a skidded across the forest floor and came to a halt with a dull thud against a tree.

I felt faint again as I heard distant hurried steps coming to my direction. I could sense that they were werewolves but not of my pack and I was not sure if they were friends or foes.

'Danni, where are you? Are you alright' I heard Arrows anxious voice in my head.

'I don't know exactly, Row. I feel kinda funny' I said drowsily as I spotted about 4 werewolves coming out of the trees that were across from me. They spotted me and headed toward my direction.

'No, stay away' I thought weakly, more to the werewolf strangers than to Arrow.

'Danni, what do you mean, Talk to me Danni' I heard his frantic pleas as I started to slip into darkness.

'Arrow' I said weakly.

'DANNI' I heard Arrow shout just before I was consumed into darkness.

*-*-*-*- 2 Days Later -*-*-*-*

A feeling of warmth swept over my body as I started to wake up. I was still in my wolf, luckily I had perfect control of my changing so when I passed out, I was luckily still in my wolf form and not naked. Another reason why I knew I was still in my wolf form is because I was currently lying on a blanket, infront of a huge roaring fire.

I stretched and immediately hissed in pain because a ripple of pain shot through my back. I looked back and saw that there were bandages wrapped around my back and stomach.

'Damn, I won't be able to change until I'm fully healed. Shouldn't take too long though' I thought as I looked around the room I was in. It was more like a huge hall almost as big as a ballroom. The walls were illuminated by the fire place. The floor was marble and the walls were black and had pillars with intricate designs on them; about 5 metres apart throughout the room.

I looked to my left and saw a huge chair facing the fireplace, there was nothing else in the room apart from the chair and something on the right side of the wall next to the double wooden oak doors, hidden in the shadows on the floor. I cautiously walked over there, my claws clicking on the floor. I made sure that nobody was behind me or in the room before I approached the object.

I saw it was something rectangular, covered in a sheet. I grabbed the corner of the sheet in my mouth and pulled the sheet away. By what I could see from the light from the fireplace, it was a painting of something; a man to be exact. He had the greenest eyes I have ever seen and hair as black as the night sky; he had the most breathtaking smile that lit up his eyes. He had to be the most handsome man I had ever seen. He looked about 24 and he had broad shoulders and a well toned chest from what I could see.
It was then that I noticed that there was a discoloured patch of wall above the fireplace.

'Hm..I wonder why it's not up there and who is this guy? Is he a werewolf?' I asked/ thought to myself as I heard the door creak open and a man walked into the room. I immediately shrunk back into the shadows. He looked about 22, he had brown shaggy hair, golden eyes and from what I saw, he had a well muscled body; only then did I pick up his scent....werewolf.

"Oh no, he's going to kill me if she's not here" he said.

I decided that I wouldn't let him know where I was, so I slowly made my way to the still open door which he unintelligently left open. I watched as the guy walked further into the room as I made my way out of it.
I made my way down the wide hallway, admiring all the artefacts and paintings that littered the dark crimson walls. I was admiring one painting in particular, more than others. It had the guy from the hidden painting and the guy who came into the room and also another guy I hadn't seen before.

It had a gold plate underneath it, it said: 'Thraxx, Leaf and Ruin. The WolfBane Brothers'.
But it didn't explain which was which, as I was contemplating on figuring it out I suddenly felt this unnerving tingly feeling run up my spine; as if I was being watched by 2 dozen eyes.

I turned around to meet said 2 dozen eyes, or close to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter ;)

Yay or Nay?

Sorry if it's too long. I would really appreciate if I could get feed back, comments or messages. Thanks.

Hope you like'd it. ;).