Beauty And The Beast - Werewolf Style

3. Answers.

Chapter 3:

Danni’s POV:

I still couldn’t believe that Thraxx was like every other fucker who judged a person by their looks. I was furious with myself that I had lead myself to believe that he might be different, but most men are all the same, they don’t care if a person is ugly on the inside; it only mattered if they weren’t ugly on the outside. I growled lowly to myself, not expecting Leaf to hear it; but he did.

“I’m sorry” he said, sounding sad, but I didn’t know why. He didn’t do anything wrong, certainly not.

“What for?” I asked confused as I side glanced at Leaf as we continued to walk down the massive hallway.

“For my brother, I wish I could say that he usually isn’t like that, but I’d be lying” he said, somewhat guilt ridden.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. It’s not your fault that your brother finds me unattractive” I said, sadly; but why?

“That’s just it, I don’t get it?” He said frustrated as he huffed a sigh.

I looked at him as I stopped walking so I could face him with a look of confusion spread over my face.

“What?” I asked. I literally had no idea what he meant.

“You’re so beautiful, and he sees that; but he just can’t get past his conceited nature enough to see the true beauty that you are, scar or no scar.” He said seriously and I knew he meant it.

But I find that so hard to believe that I am what he says I am when every guy I have seen has taken one look at me and then a moment later is running in the other direction. How can you change someone’s view and thoughts that have been imbedded in them for so long? That’s why I couldn’t believe him and I wouldn’t.

I sighed softly and ran a hand through my hair; it’s what I do when I’m frustrated or feeling defeated. It’s either that or I rub the back of my neck when I’m nervous or in an awkward situation.

“Whatever you say” I said quietly as we continued walking. Before he could react or even talk back I changed the subject.

“Where are we going anyway” I asked quickly, and it seemed to work; for now.

“Oh, I thought you’d like to see the library” Leaf said, sounding somewhat unsure of himself.

“Really, I would love to” I said, genuinely happy for the first time in days.

“So, you like to read” he asked as we turned a corner and walked toward a pair of double wooden oak doors.

“Oh yeah, I love to read. I used to read all the time when I was younger” I said, excitedly.

“Wait till you see it” he said sounding excited as well.

We walked up to the double oak doors and Leaf paused slightly to give me a side glance as a smile spread across his face before he pushed open the doors and I couldn’t help but suck in a breath at how shocked I was.

Before me was the biggest library I had ever seen. (look up the library from Beauty and the Beast).

“Wow” was all I said, it was all I could say as I walked through the threshold.
“You like it?” he asked as if I would be displeased, as if.

“I love it, you have no idea. How long did it take to collect all these books” I asked amazed as I looked up and all around me.

“A while” he chuckled loudly as he walked over to the couch that situated infront of a roaring fireplace.

I walked along the shelves and shelves of books, searching through books and books on all sorts of things; supernatural and non-supernatural. I continued walking until I decided to sit down and ask Leaf a few questions about his bother.

“So tell me, what exactly is Thraxx? I know he is a werewolf but he can talk in that form” I asked, sitting down on the couch opposite him.

“Well, you see...he’s....Thraxx...he’s....uh.....cursed.” He breathed out, as if he had been holding his breath.

“Oh, ok. Here’s something for you; I’m gonna sit here and pretend to know what that means exactly” I said as a smile graced my lips.

“Ha, nice attitude.” He said as he leaned back against the couch and laughed throatily.

“You gonna tell or sit there looking pretty” I said with a smirk as I copied his posture.

“Well, it was 2 centuries ago (20 years ago), on the night of Thraxx’s 24th birthday. There was a knock at the front door.” He started, and sounded far away, deep in the story.

“Thraxx opened the door to find an old woman who was asking him for help, but he turned her down because of how she looked. She had scars on her face and was crouched over, so he immediately dismissed her. What an idiot!” he growled as he balled up his fists.

“What happened next?” I asked. I was completely intrigued in this story.

“Well, it turns out she was a sage (a magical being) and she cursed him for being self-centred and a monster. So she reflected the ugliness inside on the outside. That is how he is in his werewolf form, but can still talk” he said sighing as he rubbed his temples.

“Do you know how to break the curse?” I asked, seriously curious.

“The sage did tell him a prophecy, about someone who could break the curse. But if that someone didn’t ever come by the next blue moon, then the curse would never be able to be broken and Thraxx would have to stay like that forever.” He said.

“Can you remember the prophecy?” I asked. I hoped he did.

“Yeah, how could I ever forget it” he said as he leant back once again into the couch as I leaned forward, eager to hear it.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment and tell me what you think.