The Reganavanian traveller

Oscar's Story

Prologue
Right at the bottom of the deep perilous ocean lived a city, a city quite like Atlanta, except that whatever came out of the ocean was no sea creature.

Oscar’s story
I walked briskly to Revanaa, I had been shopping for two whole hours in this bizarre mortal world, I mean really, how many shops do you need in one country? There’s a shoe shop, a grocery shop, a hat shop, a jewellery shop and a pet shop.

I wonder what a pet is.
I must ask my renglish teacher.

My name is Oscar Reginald, a citizen of the great underwater city Revanaa, home to all Reganavanian’s.
At the moment I am rixteen years of age, tomorrow I will be reventeen, my birthday is practically everyday, so is everybody else’s in Revanaa.

Whenever I go above land I wear a human disguise, I have no idea why, my mum says I should, could it be because humans and Reganavanian’s are completely different in appearance?

Reganavanian’s have long, skinny bodies whereas the bodies of humans vary in height and size, we Reganavanian’s have three eyes on each arm, our eyes are pitch black, they are replaceable and can be bought from the eye shop. If you were a poor Reganavanian in Revanaa, you would most probably sell some, if not all of your eyes to earn ladders, the richest of all payments, we Reganavanian’s honour.

Humans pay for the items they buy with copper and silver coins. In Revanaa copper and silver is what our palaces and castles are made out of, everybody in Revanaa lives in palaces and castles, instead of these miniature ladders.

Ladders are large pure gold ovals that are referred to as, what do these humans call it ‘money’.

I have jet black hair and one spindly leg as all Reganavanian’s should, my eyes are not the same colour, one of them is blue, the other is green and my third eye is bright yellow.

I speak through my face, whereas humans have something called ‘lips’ that only covers a small amount of their face. How strange.

I walked into the portal, which to humans is known as the ‘ocean’ ,the water that is deadly to some humans and can also drown you is just a wet door for us Reganavanian’s.

As I walked into the ocean, my hometown spread out before me, it might have dazzled those who have never come here before, but to me it was just a place full of the same people, in the same place, living the same lives and aging the same day.

I would one day like Reganavanian’s, humans and any other species in the world to share the same land.

Sometimes Revanaa dulls me to death, what am I meant to do with the rest of my life, nothing?
The landscape of Revanaa blazes exotic colours all the time, once you get used to the colours it really isn’t that exciting. The grass can also change colours; Revanaa is a place where things do not always stay in their shape or colour, nearly everything changes, I would call it the land of changes.
The land of changes still has one thing to change....My dull life.
I’ve always had a kind of urge to explore the unknown,
And make it known for once. I don’t want to be constrained by this town for the rest of my life just as my parents were. I am fully determined to change my future, my mother wants me to stay in Revanaa and work there, live there and even have children there.
My dad, well my dad he just wants me to follow my dreams,
At least that’s what he said to me .I’m pretty sure all parents pull the same excuse out of their hat to see if you will make the right choice but when you fail in making the right choice, they just force you to stay and when you won’t obey, well when you don’t obey them your life takes an unusual twist.
I haven’t told my dad of my dreams to explore the outdoors, I just had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that when I mentioned this to him he’ll do something unexpected and if he tells my mum ,well her heart might not take in the news and who knows what will happen then.....

What I need to know is just over Revanaa and where I seek to go is just over Revanaa, how can I ever crush my dreams because I was afraid. Everyone’s afraid of something and to be honest I think I’m more afraid of what I might see outside, for the outside world could be far worse than what my mother has already told me about it. I’ve never ventured far away from the small town near Revanaa, it’s where I do my daily shopping, the town itself is filled with many markets and busy bodies but to me the town is just as dull as Revanaa. I want to go where adventure lies, to me that is the best place to find what’s missing in my life.

I was shrouded by thoughts, thoughts and just plain more thoughts and none of them were really that positive ,I was just so absorbed in my thoughts that I had no idea where I was walking, it took one wrong step that’s all it really took and then....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH