The Reganavanian traveller

Lost

I slowly opened my eyes, hoping to see my mother sitting on the side of my bed with a worried expression on her face, I was disappointed as when I reluctantly opened my eyes I saw myself enveloped in darkness, for a minute I thought I was still sleeping maybe having a nightmare but as I recalled the previous events, I remembered that I was speaking to myself about how I was sick and tired of living in Revanaa .What had happened next? Oh yes as I remember, I had suddenly fallen down, to where I was still not certain. I looked around at my surroundings hoping to be near the shops, hoping to have just tripped while I was absorbed in my thoughts. I stood up and stretched my arms letting my eyes wander around my surroundings, I could see that I was nowhere near the shops, it seemed that I had plummeted downwards right into a house, a small house actually with a fairly big hole where the roof should have been, I stared up and saw the place where I was standing before I fell down into this house, it seemed a thousand feet high. Where am I? I thought to myself and how can I not remember falling down into this house, I stared once more up at the roof with the hole. My eyes swept around every detail of the house, there was a table in the middle of the room that I was currently standing in, the table was made of oak and looked ancient as if it had stood there for a couple of years. There were posters stapled into the walls but no bed, there was also a sofa, where the bed should have been. ‘How uncomfortable it is to sleep on that tiny thing’ I murmured to myself remembering my overly large bed in my overly large decorated room. Oh how I miss my home I thought irritably to myself.

‘You really think this sofa is small? I sleep through the coldest and the most Vile temperatures on this sofa, it’s the only comfortable thing in this whole accursed house’ remarked a cold gloomy voice, a loud gloomy voice.

WHO SAID THAT? I shouted. I was quite confused as this house did seem deserted, if it was not deserted why hadn’t this stranger said something before. I rapidly turned from side to side not knowing what to expect, I was... I was...scared, this didn’t seem like an adventure to me, it actually seemed like a nightmare, a frightening nightmare all I wanted to do was wake up. I could not even control my breathing. I kept on frantically wheezing, one of the many outcomes of being scared. I tried to steady my breathing, by simply closing my eyelids, clearing my thoughts and emotions and thinking of my most treasured memories.
The moving image that spun around my mind was quite vivid, I concentrated on this image and saw it to be, a recording of the first time I learnt how to fly a Boostahigh, this was actually the first time I felt like I belonged that Revanaa may not have been so dull, I had my mother encouraging me, and my father supporting me, it was this memory that had nearly always helped me when I was ever feeling down or distressed.

A Boostahigh is to humans quite similar to an airplane, the difference is that a Boostahigh is not as large as an airplane and is powered simply on happiness, it does sound quite cheesy, I mean how could a vehicle ever power on just happiness? Without oil, petrol and other types of machinery how could it function? In Revanaa, no one thinks to ask questions such as these because when you’re flying a Boostahigh, you don’t need to fly it, you just need to be happy while abroad it. When I first flew it, my mum and dad were on the Boostahigh with me, they told me that I needed to be happy if I wanted to see the sky up-close .I always loved seeing the twinkling stars and the bright mysterious moon, the moon who always called to me while I was resting. I had to fly the Boostahigh, i just had to and I did, after some time, I had finally found out what gave me such happy emoticons, it was the sheer joy and happiness of seeing the clouds, so near me that if I stretched my had out, I could possibly feel the lining of the clouds and even smell it, if I so dared. My happiness erupted from the volcano of mystery that was always up above me, I was itching to marvel at the moon, stare at the stars with such contempt and amazement and finally just for once know that there was something different out there.

After a brief period of time, I slowly opened my eyelids ,I was no longer scared or upset, in fact I was filled with such peace and serenity that I nearly forget my situation. I looked around the barren room once more, nothing seemed out of place, and it just seemed to be a normal room in a normal house in the middle of nowhere. A thought occurred to me ,how about I rummage around this house, see if there’s anything that will show me where I am, as for that voice that I had thought I heard , it seems to be my imagination after all .

I chuckled to myself as a memory of my mother entered my mind she was making francakes, quite similar to pancakes but francakes could change its shape and colour, one minute a yellow cow, the next a blue sheep. My mum had put a couple of francakes on the table and when she laid the last francake on the table, it had seemed to be only the first, she had asked ‘Oscar, where are the francakes’.
‘What francakes’ I had answered.
She said ‘the francakes that I had just made, the francakes that were in here’ she pointed to the plate containing only one francake. 'oh those francakes, what happened to them, was that a swarm of bees the size of my finger came in through the windows and helped themselves to a francake each, I tried to stop them, but you know how bees are when they don’t get their food’ my mum then looked at me as if I was crazy and said ‘Sure Oscar the bees took them, you come up with the most bizarre excuses Oscar, you really do’.

‘Me and my imagination’ I murmured to myself.