The Reganavanian traveller

Callibro

' I’m not your imagination I am my own self, a warrior I’d like to say, a hero known among the lands of Hidenburg and I daresay many more places’ this voice seemed to be coming from behind Oscar now, it also seemed very close as if the owner of the sweet and musical voice was right behind Oscar, he could even feel the stranger's breath on the nape of his neck.

Oscar turned slowly around, half hoping that there was a figure there and half hoping the abandoned house would stay abandoned, as he turned around a figure was standing there, the owner of the voice and maybe the owner of the enchanting music.
It was hard to see in the darkness ,I could see that this thing or person was about my height ,wore a black or dark grey cloak I was not sure ,I could not see his face at all, it was like looking at a body without a head, he resembled a human being really well until he turned around.

The figure walked rapidly away not saying a single word ,on his back were wings, long and the lightest of blue, it looked real as it slowly flapped behind the gradually fading figure .I had the strangest urge to touch the wings ,to feel the texture and to sleep even though I was quite agitated and frightened at this moment. I didn’t know what to do as the figure was fading the farther he walked away, a dozen questions popped into my head, should I pursue him? Should I look for the door out of this house? Should I just doze right into sleep and pretend that this is just a horrible nightmare? Or should I just wait for someone to save me, as this was turning more into a fairytale than a boring Reganavanian life.

I decided upon following this silent figure as I rapidly walked to where I had last seen this winged thing, and I just kept on going , I was determined to get out of this house but not before my many questions were answered or at least until I had seen this figures face. Oscar's curiosity led him to a narrow room that shed a trickle of light from an oil lamp; the lamp was placed on top of a beige coloured bedside table. The figure was there in the room sitting on a wooden rocking chair, the chair swung back and forth in a theatrical kind of way as the figure stared into space.

‘Hello, umm may I ask who you are’ Oscar asked quite nervously, afraid of the steady moving figure on the chair. The rocking chair stopped rocking for a maximum of thirty seconds as the figure uttered a simple word ‘Callibro’, the name rolled of his tongue as he said it; it was a strange name, quite perfect for a strange figure.

Oscar was thoroughly past agitated after five minutes of complete silence from Callibro ,Oh my mother will be worried about me, he thought. Many times he had tried to push this thought to the back of his mind, as the last thing Oscar wanted was for his mother to go running around Revanaa like a hapless lunatic. Oscar closed his eyes for a moment and in his mind’s eye he could quite perfectly see the long slender figure of his mother, tears were slicing down her face in an unlimited amount, she looked quite restless as if she hadn’t slept for days, she was wearing her night clothes and it looked quite tattered and disarrayed.

Oscar slowly went back to reality with a guilty lump in the back of his throat, ‘if I hadn’t just looked where I was going, none of this would have happened’ Oscar murmured to none in particular. Wet tears slowly slid down his face, and Oscar made no attempt to wipe them away, he was hopeless and sad, all he had ever wanted was to lead a different life to those that presently lived in Revanaa but when he wished for this, he would have never thought that this is what he would receive. ‘Doomed to live in a deserted house’ he muttered as he placed himself roughly on the floor with his hand on his face, as if this simple action would make time rewind back to when he had been out shopping, so he could wipe out what had already happened and change what should have been with anything else.

Callibro looked down at Oscar with such disgust that you might have thought, Oscar had committed a big mistake, his cold eyes stared out at Oscar, trying to understand the reason for Oscars sadness. His eyes were the only part of his face that was visible under the glow of the rusted oil lamp. His eyes changed from a dark red to a fierce yellow and finally to a light blue.

‘I know how it feels to lose everything, to want something so badly ,to actually have that something right there in front of you, and then lose it in the end’ Callibro said with a faraway expression on his face, he put a thin light hand to his face and traced it with his thin fingers, in the room it just looked as if Callibro was touching the air, Oscar let his head rise from his hands, his face was distraught, he looked fierce and at the same time vulnerable.The loneliness and sadness showed in his dark eyes and as Callibro stared into Oscars eyes he felt such pity for him, it was hard to be lost, when you are lost it is difficult to find your way back, Callibro knew this fact more than anyone else .

‘You may have been through worse situations than I Callibro ,but somehow I can’t imagine anything worse than this, I haven’t lost my possessions nor have I lost wealth ,I’ve lost the most important thing to a person, I’ve lost hope’ Oscar sighed resentfully as he made to the door.