Clash Of The Rockbands

Sexiness Overkill

“That last wail was sick!” I exclaimed breathlessly as Rayne, Kim, Jennifer, Anna-May, and I all trotted down the steps off of the stage. Rayne smiled at me, her white side-bangs plastered to her forehead with sweat. Now that I paid attention, my bright red side-bangs stuck to my forehead too. We each seized an ice-cold bottle of water sitting on top of a spare stereo and chugged half of it down. “I’ve never heard you wail like that before.” Rayne smiled again and pressed the cold bottle to her forehead.

“Well, let’s go roam around, shall we?” Kim asked, looking down at her watch. I don’t know where that girl gets her energy. Rayne, Jennifer, Anna-May and I were all huffing and puffing and wore out, while Kim was practically bouncing off the walls still. “Oh, seriously, come on guys! We’re all single!” She slapped on an evil smile. “Let’s go play with boys’ minds!”

“Go knock yourself out.” I wheezed, sinking down to sit on the grass. Kim rolled her eyes and snapped her fingers impatiently.

“Don’t you know what band is here?” she snapped. We all shook our heads no. “Avenged Sevenfold, people!” We all perked up at those two simple words: Avenged and Sevenfold. Apart they mean nothing, but together they mean one thing: SEXINESS!

“Yes, let’s go roam around!” Rayne exclaimed, leaping to her feet. “I need to keep walking so my legs won’t cramp up!” The rest of us climbed to our feet. I tucked my drumsticks into the back pocket of my skinny jeans, which were sticking to my legs with sweat. I think they decided to call it Van’s Warped Tour because all the heat made everything look all wavy and, well, warped.

We stepped out into the main crowd milling around at the stands or waiting for the next band.

“I need stilts!” Kim whined from beside me as she tried to see over the heads of the crowd. She began to jump, attempting to see over the sea of heads.

“Kim, that won’t help in the slightest.” I told her. She huffed out a breath, causing her bangs to flutter.

“Such gayness,” she mumbled, looking sullen.

“We’re sorry, Kim.” all four of us said in unison.

“C’mon, cheer up! We’re on Van’s Warped Tour! We’re officially rockstars!” I told her.

“Yeah, rockstars,” Jennifer breathed dreamily.

“Now, all we have to do is find other rockstars, preferably hot ones.” Anna-May said evilly, rubbing her hands together. I rolled my eyes, scanning the crowd for a famous face. No one seemed to recognize us in the crowd. No screaming fans hurtled over, insisting on getting a picture or our autographs; no guys ogled at us as they passed by. We had made it to the Warped Tour, so someone liked us, but no one here did for some reason. It wasn’t heartening.

“Okay, guys, are we going to break up or stay in a group?” I asked, taking charge.

“I think we want to break up, right guys?” Rayne asked. Everyone nodded.

“Okay, so where does everyone want to go and where will we meet?” I asked.

“I just want to roam around. Maybe we’ll see Avenged Sevenfold signing somewhere.” Kim said.

“Okay, then Kim and I will—“

“No, I want to do that too.” Rayne cut in.

“Okay,” I replied. “Kim, Rayne, and I will roam around and what about you guys?” I looked over at Jennifer and Anna-May.

“We want to go see what there is to buy.” Anna-May, always the shopper, answered. I nodded.

“We’ll meet at the tour bus at—“ I looked down at my watch. “—four o’clock?” Everyone looked at their watches: it was one thirty. They all nodded. “Okay, see you guys then.” Without another word, Jen (Jennifer) and AM (Anna-May) absorbed into the crowd.

I looked over at Rayne and Kim. We silently started to head into the thick of the crowd.

I suddenly felt my drumsticks leave my back pocket. Let me tell you this: those drumsticks are like a fucking TEDDY-BEAR to me. I need to have them with me all the time or I go absolutely insane. They’re usually pretty safe in my back pocket—who would want to steal drumsticks anyway?—and I can feel them the whole time, so I’m comforted. And if I get bored I can take them out and annoy every other person around me by drumming a random beat on a random object. So when I felt them leave my pocket, I spun around faster than Kim jacked on caffeine to catch the culprit before he or she could get too far.

I found myself level to a broad chest covered in a dark blue shirt. My first thought was Who wants to wear dark clothes in this weather? And then it hit me how tall this dude must be. I mean, I had three-inch heels on and I only came to his fucking CHEST. He just had to be one tall dude.

Well, he didn’t appear to be running off anywhere so I slowly took a quarter of a step back and tilted my head upward to look at his face.

I inhaled so fast I almost choked on too much air.

“You play drums really good.” the dude commented. I just stood staring up at him, my mouth gaping open. He frowned and then slowly reached up a hand and waved it in front of my face. “Uh, hello?”

“Sorry, her brain stops working whenever she’s confronted by the opposite sex.” Rayne said, stepping up beside me. She smiled evilly. “BOOTY BOMP!” She suddenly shoved her hip into my own, sending me flying to the right.

I stumbled a little bit, but regained my balance before I fell on my ass and embarrassed myself. But I could already feel my face reddening as I stepped nonchalantly back over to them, acting as if nothing had happened.

“Sorry I stole your drumsticks. I thought you wouldn’t be able to hear me if I just said your name so I took your drumsticks and hoped that you would turn around. It worked.” the dude said, holding out my drumsticks. I snatched them greedily out of his hand and tucked them back into my back pocket before he could even blink.

“Hey, Jimmy, I wondered where you disappeared off to.” Another familiar famous dude walked up, holding a can of Pepsi in his right hand. “Oh, I see. You disappeared off to snatch us some chicks before they’re all picked over. Smart man.” The dude grinned at Rayne, Kim, and I as he thrust out a hand for us to shake. “Hey, I’m Zacky.”

“Hi,” Rayne and Kim said as they shook his hand. I just shook his hand silently, still not trusting myself to speak. I feared it might come out as a strangled croak. Talk about embarrassing.

“Oh, you guys are in that one all-girl band, aren’t you? The Better Halves, right?” Zacky asked. We all nodded. He looked over at me. “I suppose Jimmy hasn’t told you—“ But his words were cut off as James wrapped his arm around his neck and gave him a noogie. Zacky’s Pepsi can fell to the flat grass.

“Yeah, Zacky’s a compulsive liar, so I wouldn’t believe anything he tells you.” James said over the sound of Zacky’s slightly muffled voice spewing out a string of cuss words as he tried to shove James’s arm away from his neck. “Right, Zacky?” James looked down, directing his words at Zacky.

“Whatever,” Zacky grumbled.

“Yeah, see?” James said, looking back up at us as he released Zacky. Zacky stepped quickly away from James, rubbing his neck. His hair stuck straight up where James’s knuckles had been. Still muttering curses under his breath, Zacky pulled out a pack of cigarettes—or wrapped-death, as I liked to call them—and a lighter and lit a cigarette.

“Zacky, dude! Jimmy just owned your ass!” a voice called. Another dude walked up. Some serious sexiness overkill was going on here. “Well-executed noogie, Jimmy.”

“Showing off for his—“ Zacky muttered but stopped abruptly when James made to step toward him. “And you made me waste my fucking Pepsi!” Zacky bent down and retrieved the can of soda, most of which had spilled out.

“Hi, I’m Matt.” the guy who had just walked up said, shaking each of our hands. Matt looked over—well, down—at Kim. “You know, I think you’re Johnny’s height.” He looked around. “Where is that mother fucker?”

“I’m here.” Another guy seemed to pop up out of the ground. “Oh, hi, I’m Johnny.” He shook each of our hands. He seemed to have the same amount of energy as Kim. Even just standing still, he rocked back and forth or twiddled his fingers like he was impatient to start moving again. Just like Kim.

“Why am I always the last dude to meet the chicks?” A fifth guy stepped up. A fedora hat sat atop his spiked black hair and cast his eyes in shadow.

“Chicks don’t dig you, man, sorry.” Matt told him. “We don’t bother to let you know because we don’t want them to hurt your feelings when they turn you down for one of us.”

“The midget probably gets more action than you do, Syn.” Zacky added.

“Hello, I’m Brian.” the fedora-wearing dude said, ignoring their comments. He shook our hands. “But everyone calls me Syn. Oh! I know who you guys are! You’re the chicks from The Better Halves, aren’t you?” We all nodded. “Um, let me guess. Singer, drummer, bassist.” He pointed at Rayne, then at me, then at Kim. “Right?”

“Yep! I’m Rayne, that’s Melrose, and that’s Kim.” Rayne chirped. Which is strange because Rayne doesn’t exactly resemble a bird in any way. But okay then.

“I need to move!” Kim whined. “Too much standing and doing nothing!”

“I agree!” Johnny said instantly. Kim smiled at him. “Want to go walk around?”

“Yeah, sure,” Kim answered. They both bounded away.

“No, she doesn’t like him at all.” Rayne commented sarcastically. “So, have you guys played your show yet?”

“Yeah,” Matt answered. “We were one of the earlier shows.” He couldn’t seem to tear his eyes away from our crazy-colored hair.

“Yes, we know our hair is kind of strange.” I said, raising a hand to pat my own. “But that’s our trademark thing.”

“Oh,” Matt said. He still couldn’t quite tear his eyes away though. I wouldn’t be able to either, come to think of it. I mean, it’s not every day that you see a girl with chestnut hair that had blonde and black streaks in it with bright, bright red side-bangs. Yeah. You’d stare too. And Rayne’s was crazy too: black with turquoise streaks and white bangs. Kim’s hair was naturally black but had hot pink streaks in it with bright purple bangs; Jen’s hair was naturally dark red but had navy blue streaks and navy blue bangs; AM’s hair was naturally blonde but had dark orange streaks and bright yellow bangs. Yeah. Don’t tell me you wouldn’t stare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo. I posted this story on Quizilla, so I decided to see how well people would like it on here, because I got good feedback on Quizilla. So, please comment if you likey. Or, even if you don't.