Clash Of The Rockbands

Aftermath

Melrose’s POV

“God, I can’t believe I did that last night.” I murmured to myself the next morning. I lay sprawled across my bed, staring up at the scarlet ceiling. I currently suffered from a serious hangover. My temples throbbed, and my throat hurt from my recent stomach-emptying.

“Wake up, you drunk bitch,” Jen trilled as she swooped into the room. She held out a magical headache-killing pill and a glass of gently sloshing water. I gave her a weak and grateful smile as I accepted the ibuprofen and water. I quickly swallowed the pill and followed it up with some water. Jen just stood beside my bed, looking lively and cheerfully not-hung-over.

“Thanks,” I mumbled as I passed the empty glass back to her.

“No problem-o,” Jen answered happily. She swooped gracefully back out of the room, leaving behind her faint scent of cinnamon.

I groaned and rubbed my temples. I still couldn’t get over the fact that I had actually kissed James the previous night. And I had done it so suddenly.

But he accepted it! a voice inside my head chirped happily. He wanted it, Melly.

“Yeah, maybe,” I muttered to myself.

“Melrose!” Rayne whined as she stumbled into my room. She sprawled herself across my bed on her back, her head resting on my shins. “Jen said you and James went off together last night. What’d you do?” Rayne turned her head to look at me.

“Um...We talked.” I answered, trying to sound truthful. It was the half-truth at least. Rayne had been my best friend since pre-school, though. She knew when I was lying.

She raised an eyebrow at me. I had to tell the truth when she shot me the one raised eyebrow.

I sighed.

“Okay, we did more than talk.” I told her huffily. She gave me a look that said: Details, woman, details! “I pretty much told him that I have the hugest crush on him.” I blurted out without a pause.

“And...?” Rayne knew I wasn’t telling her everything. She’s annoying like that, but everyone loves her for it.

“We...kissed.” I mumbled. Rayne’s eyes almost bulged right out of her eye sockets. She shot up into a sitting position, staring at me with her mouth gaping open.

“Did you kiss him or did he kiss you?” she gasped.

“I kissed him.” I told her.

“And how did he react?” she asked eagerly. I had actually never thought of that myself.

“He was shocked and confused at first, I could tell, but then he just...pulled me closer.” I answered slowly. Rayne’s eyes lit up.

“You know what this means, don’t you?” she asked, leaning towards me. She looked a little bit deranged from excitement.

I shook my head no, even though I was sure I knew what she was going to say.

“You two just have to get together now!” Rayne exclaimed. “He clearly likes you back if he accepted your kiss!” Suddenly, her eyes lit up even more, if that’s possible. They twinkled and shone, and it reminded me of the cartoons where the animated characters get little stars in their eyes. “This proves my theory! HA!”

“No, it doesn’t.” I snapped. “We were both drunk. I don’t think either one of us were thinking straight. He’s probably forgotten about it already.”

“I doubt it.” Rayne retorted instantly. She shoved herself to her feet and pointed a finger at me. “You just wait. He’ll ask you out. Give it a few days for him to process the information.” She shot me one last grin and then flounced back out of my room.

I groaned, rolled over, and pressed my face into my pillow.

James’s and mine’s next encounter was going to be interesting.


James’s POV

I stared up at the black ceiling of my room. Fortunately, I barely had a headache. My stomach didn’t churn sickeningly. I barely had a hangover. For once.

The feel of Melrose’s lips against mine still lingered on my lips. My shirt smelled like her: sweet, crisp, fresh apples. The scent had billowed from my shirt even after we had long left the bar. It haunted me, yet it cheered me. I wanted it to fade away, yet I never wanted it to wear off.

How could one kiss have fucked me up so much?

Just that one kiss had jumbled my mind up. I had been so sure of Melrose’s and mine’s relationship: we would stay friends, but never move on to anything more. But now I wasn’t so sure about it. Had Melrose simply been rambling drunkenly, or was she actually being sincere? I hoped for the latter, but I couldn’t be sure.

“If I think anymore about this, I will force a headache upon myself.” I muttered sternly. I closed my eyes and pressed my palms hard against my closed eyelids. “Just relax, Jimmy. Just relax. You’ll figure it out in due time. Just let it unfold.”


Melrose’s POV

“Mel, seriously, stop worrying about it.” Kim snapped at me. “I’ve kissed a member of Avenged Sevenfold before, and you don’t see me fretting over it.”

“But you’re dating Johnny!” I wailed. “It’s different!”

I shot up out of the armchair and began to pace nervously around the living room. Rayne had, of course, told the other girls about James’s and mine’s little encounter the night before. We would be going to the studio once AM finished getting her hair and makeup just right to go out in public. I was nervous about a possible encounter with James.

“You can’t just hide from him forever.” Rayne reasoned.

“I’m not hiding!” I exclaimed shrilly. Rayne raised her eyebrow at me. That damn one raised eyebrow, how I hate thee. “Okay, okay, I’m hiding a little bit. But I’m scared of what he’ll say or do or...ask.” I whispered the last word.

“But you should be happy if there’s a chance he’ll ask you out!” Jen said. “Hell, if there was a chance that one of the A7x dudes would ask me out, I’d be flaunting it.”

“But that’s you, Jen!” I cried. “You’re comfortable around guys! I turn into Miss Dorky Doofus whenever I go around guys! And I just started getting comfortable around him!”

“Too comfortable, if you ask me,” Kim muttered.

“Exactly!” I exclaimed, pointing a finger at her. “Exactly what I’m saying!”

Rayne sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Seriously, just calm down.” she grumbled. “You made one drunken mistake. Don’t let it ruin your life.”

I just continued to pace nervously, ignoring her.

Rayne stood up and grabbed my wrists, stopping all of my forward motion. She raised my hands and pressed my palms against my own cheeks.

“Calm DOWN.” she said slowly. “You’ll be FINE. Just relax and act natural.”

“Okay, I’m ready.” AM chirped as she bounded into the room, shoving her lip gloss into her back pocket. Rayne gave me a hard look and raised both of her eyebrows at me.

“Are YOU ready?” she asked me as she released my wrists. I gulped but nodded. “Alright then.” She led the way out to the white Escalade.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo.

Comments?