Clash Of The Rockbands

Jay the Pedophile

“No, we are NOT watching that gay, stupid, pre-game football shit!” I snapped, reaching over to tear the remote out of James’s hand.

“Yes, we are.” he responded calmly, holding the remote just out of my reach. I raised myself off of the couch a bit, reaching up above my head, trying to get the remote. My fingers scuttled in the air, trying to reach the remote. James just wrapped his arm around my waist and tugged me back down onto the couch, raising his arm higher.

As I sat there struggling against James, trying to get the remote, Syn walked casually around behind the couch and took the remote from James. He walked back over to the armchair all the way across the room, far away from me, and plopped down in it.

“Syn!” I exclaimed, now struggling to stand up. “I will bitch-slap you into oblivion!”

Rayne stepped into the room with a bowl of ice cream. Her eyes skimmed across me struggling in vain to stand up to Syn now hitting the remote against the arm of the armchair. Amusement flashed across her face.

“Rayne!” I said. “Get the remote from your boyfriend! They are watching that stupid pre-game football, boring, statistics shit! I’ll die of boredom, I swear I will!”

“They are guests.” Rayne replied calmly, walking over to Syn. She plopped down in his lap, leaning back against his chest. “Therefore, they get to watch what they want.” She stuck a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth, grinning mischievously at me.

“Traitor,” I hissed. She just shrugged, jerking her head towards Syn.

“Blame him.” she told me. I sighed and stopped trying to stand up.

I heard the front door open. I instantaneously looked over towards the door. I heard Daphne walking down the hall towards the living room. She appeared to be talking to someone, even though I couldn’t hear her words. She turned and stepped into the living room, leading a guy by the hand.

A boyfriend, no doubt.

“Hello, Melrose.” Daphne said.

“Hi,” I replied, looking not at her, but at the guy next to her.

“Um, you remember Suzy’s party that I went to a week or so ago?” she asked.

“Yep.” How could I forget? I’d been almost more excited than she was about that party. I took it as a sign that she had been accepted gleefully into Huntington Beach High School.

“Well, I met a boy there.” Daphne continued, rocking back and forth on her feet. “This boy.” She poked the guy on his arm. “His name’s Jay and...”

“And what?”

“He’s nineteen.”

“And you were hesitant about that why?”

“Well, he’s considerably older than I am, and also, he’s out of high school as well.”

“James is three, four years older than me.” I informed her, patting James’s knee. “And as you’ve said before, I am in no position to be lecturing you about boyfriends.” I smiled before directing my gaze back towards Jay. “And hello, Jay, it’s very nice to meet you.”

“Hi,” he replied. I couldn’t be sure whether I liked him or disliked him yet.

“I’m Melrose, this is James, and those dorks over there are Syn and Rayne.” I continued, pointing over at Syn and Rayne. Syn saluted and Rayne responded with a light, “Hi.” Jay nodded at them.

“Well, we’re going upstairs. To my room,” Daphne said.

“Johnny and Kim are up in her room,” I warned. “So if you hear any sudden moans, it’s just them.”

Jay’s eyebrows raised as Daphne just shrugged.

“It’ll be okay.”

“And you better keep it G-rated up there.” I continued.

“We will.”

“You better. Or he’s out.”

“I know.”

“Alright, you can go now.”

“Thanks.” Daphne pulled Jay out of the room and up the stairs.

“Pedophile,” James instantly said once we heard Daphne’s door close.

“You’re a doubly pedophile then.” I told him.

“Intellectually, I’m fifteen still. So no, I’m not a pedophile. You’re the pedophile in this relationship, if you think about it.” he remarked.

“Well, intellectually, I’m probably still fifteen as well. So we’re both pretty much the same age.” I said.

“See? Now you’re catching on.”

“Shush,” Syn snapped. “The pre-game show is starting.”

“And that’s my cue to leave.” I announced. I pecked James on the cheek before standing up and heading towards the kitchen to wash the dishes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo.
Comments?