Clash Of The Rockbands

A Steamy Janitor's Closet and Romance Coupons

“Where’s Matt and Jen?” Syn asked randomly, looking around the small room that led up onto the stage.

“What?” Kim asked, plucking one of her headphones out of her ear.

“Where’s Matt and Jen?” Syn repeated.

“Oh,” Kim replied. “I don’t know.” She stuck her headphone back in her ear and continued to rock out to her iPod.

“Jen said something about forgetting an item of hers in the car.” AM answered. “But I don’t know about Matt.”

“It’s strange for him to just disappear before a concert.” Johnny said.

CRASH!

We all jumped about a foot in the air and looked over to see Zacky standing, guitar in hand, with James across from him. Shards of glass mingled within the puddle of beer at James’s feet. Clearly, Zacky had hit James’s arm accidentally with his guitar, causing James to drop his beer.

“You bastard!” James yelled. He slapped the side of Zacky’s head.

“OW!” Zacky howled, pressing his hand against the side of his head. “I’m sorry!”

“It’s my fucking birthday, dude! And look what you’ve done! Made me waste practically a whole fucking beer!” James exclaimed, pointing at the puddle of liquid and glass at his feet. But a laugh hovered behind his words.

“James!” AM scolded, rushing over to Zacky. “Now he’ll have this enormous bump on his head! Let me see it!” She dragged Zacky’s hand away from his head, looking closely at where James had hit him. “I guess it doesn’t look that bad.” She leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Zacky’s head. “There.” She patted his head before pulling away.

I sighed and stood up.

“I’ll go get the broom and dustpan.” I announced. I left the room and walked down the hallway towards the janitor’s closet.

Once I reached it, I dragged the door open to see something that would scar me for life.

Matt and Jen were in the janitor’s closet.

Together.

WAY too close for comfort. In my opinion, at least.

But clearly not in theirs, seeing as they were MAKING OUT in a JANITOR’S CLOSET.

Matt had Jen pushed up against one of the walls. Her legs were wrapped around his waist (shudder) and they were sucking face like there was no tomorrow.

Yeah. See how this will affect me mentally for the rest of my life?

“Ah, dudes!” I moaned, raising a hand to cover my eyes. Or rip them out of their sockets.

I swear to the ceiling I heard almost a suction noise from them pulling apart.

“Sorry, but you and Jimmy will just have to find another janitor’s closet to sneak sex in.” I heard Jen tell me.

“No, I just...need a broom. Because that’s what janitor’s closets are for. To hold brooms and stuff like that. NOT FOR MAKING OUT!” I snapped.

“Oh, I’m sorry we didn’t get the memo.” Matt said.

“Ugh, just give me a broom.” I thrust out a hand. I felt the wooden handle of a broom shoved into my palm and curled my fingers around it. “Thanks. And next time, LOCK THE DOOR.” Still covering my eyes, I backed out into the hall and closed the door. Then, I finally uncovered my eyes and went back towards the backstage room.

“What’s wrong? You look pale.” James asked the instant I stepped back into the room.

“I totally just caught Matt and Jen making out in the janitor’s closet.” I answered. I walked over and started to sweep the shards of glass into a pile.

“Ooh la la,” Rayne said, instantly interested. “How close were they to having sex?”

“Pretty damn close,” Matt answered as he and Jen stepped into the room.

“Really?” Rayne asked.

“No,” Jen answered, laughing. “But it was pretty steamy in that closet still.”

“Yeah,” I grumbled as I swept the glass shards into the dust pan. “Too damn steamy if you ask me.”

Jen and Matt just laughed.

“Well, I guess it’s time for us to go on stage.” Matt announced, looking down at his watch.

“Good luck!” Kim, Rayne, AM, Jen, and I all echoed to our various boyfriends.

“No!” I snapped at Jen and Matt as they leaned closer to each other for a kiss. “You two have kissed enough this evening, I think!” They just ignored me and kissed anyway.

I sighed, but it was cut off as James kissed me. He pulled away, then laughed as I just continued my sigh as if he hadn’t cut it short. He followed the rest of the guys on stage.


**********

“Open mine first!” Rayne demanded. She leaned forward slightly, pointing at a long, narrow box wrapped in black wrapping paper.

“Sure, but only because you look like you’ll murder me if I don’t.” James replied, seizing the box. “Hm...” He shook the box close to his ear, listening intently. No sound came from the box.

“I taped the gift down!” Rayne said excitedly. “I out-smarted you!” She cackled, but stopped abruptly. “Isn’t alcohol simply AMAZING?” Clearly, she had a little bit too much to drink during the concert.

“Oh, most definitely,” Syn agreed, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her back before she fell forward off of the couch. She had slowly been leaning forward more and more.

James ripped open the wrapping paper to reveal a simple cardboard box. He cautiously pulled the lid off, clearly expecting something to pop out at him. Nothing did, and he gingerly pulled out a pair of drumsticks.

“Aren’t they AWESOME?” Rayne asked excitedly. They were all-black, except for five large, white Deathbats in a column wrapping tightly around each drumstick.

“Yes, they are.” James answered. “Thanks.”

“Thank you’s are overrated.” Rayne announced. “Words: they mean nothing. If you wanted to thank me, you would give me something a bit more materialistic. Hugs and kisses work wonders: remember that.”

“Ignore her.” Syn told us.

“No one can ignore my lovely face.” Rayne replied.

“Shhh,” Syn told her, slipping his hand over her mouth. “Open mine next.” Syn jerked his head towards a humongous box wrapped in hot pink wrapping paper. He had no free hands since one arm was wrapped around Rayne’s waist and his other hand was over her mouth.

James pulled the box towards him.

“The wrapping paper is gorgeous.” he commented as he tore it away. Syn nodded in agreement as James revealed a cardboard box. He pulled his pocketknife out and slit open the tape holding the cardboard box closed. He pulled the cardboard box open to reveal...another, slightly smaller cardboard box.

James repeated this process about five more times until he finally came to a cardboard box that contained something other than another cardboard box. He instead pulled out a few CD’s and DVD’s.

“Sweet! You Don’t Mess With The Zohan! This movie is the shit!” he exclaimed gleefully.

“How is that a compliment?” Rayne asked. She had somehow dragged Syn’s hand away from her mouth. “You are comparing something to shit. How is that a compliment? I would think it would be an insult. I don’t underst—” But her words were cut off as Syn got his hand back over her mouth.

“I didn’t know what else to get you, so I just got practically any CD or DVD I knew you didn’t have that you mentioned wanting for the past year or so.” Syn said.

“Thanks, bro.” James said. Syn just shrugged.

Ten minutes later, James had opened everyone’s gift except mine. He grabbed the flat box about the size of a notebook and did the usual pre-unwrapping ceremony: shake, listen, think, and repeat. Finally, he pulled the wrapping paper off and pulled open the lid.

He pulled out a bunch of plastic cards that looked like gift cards. He looked at them for a few seconds before bursting out laughing.

“What? What are they?” Johnny asked. James took a deep breath, trying to get his laughing under control.

“She got me Romance Coupons!” he told everyone. What he got in response were blank stares.

“Huh?” Jen asked.

“Look!” James turned one around so they could all see. The background was red, and in white letters at the top it read in curly letters: Romance Coupon. Below the title there were slightly smaller pale pink letters that specified exactly which Romance Coupon it was. “See? This one is for a Make-Out Session anytime, anywhere.” He looked down at the ones in his hands. “Or this one is for a Lap Dance.” He began to flip through all the cards, reading each one aloud. “Back Massage. Another Make-Out Session one. Lap Dance. Ooh, Sexy Lingerie Night. That’ll be interesting.”

“I want those for my birthday!” Zacky announced, pointing at the Romance Coupons.

“Did you think that up just randomly?” Jen asked. I nodded with a grin.

“It just came to me. I couldn’t think of anything else to give him, so I had these made.” I explained.

“I think they’re brilliant.” Kim said, clearly fascinated.

“Thanks.” I replied. “They’ll be my demise.” James chuckled evilly. “See?”

“These cards will be so fun!” James exclaimed gleefully. “I’ll wait until you’re so pissed at me you can’t see straight and then pull out the Make-Out Session card!” With a huge grin on his face, he tucked the Romance Coupons into his pocket. “Thank you.” He pressed a quick kiss to my lips.

“You’re welcome.” I replied. I’ll definitely regret those Romance Coupons.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo.
A random chapter...mwahaha!
Comments?