Clash Of The Rockbands

First Fight

Daphne’s POV

“I had a great time.” I told Jay as we sat in his car in the driveway of my house. He smiled and squeezed my hand in his. “I better go. Melrose is probably watching from one of the rooms, making sure we don’t try anything.” I glanced through the windshield at the glowing window-eyes of the house. A shadow didn’t obscure any of the golden glow, but that didn’t mean that Melrose wasn’t just being sneaky about it.

“Alright,” Jay replied reluctantly. He leaned over and pecked me on the lips. When he pulled away, his lips held a lopsided smirk that made my heart beat faster. I grinned back, staring into his beautiful iron-gray eyes. I could see just a hint of blue around his pupils, but I could only tell because our faces were so close. “See you tomorrow?”

“Most definitely,” I answered with a nod. Jay pressed another kiss to my lips; only this time, he paused after his lips clashed with mine. His hand snuck to the back of my neck, burrowing beneath the chestnut hair obscuring it from view. He hungrily sank deeper into the kiss, his fingers squeezing my neck slightly.

I felt that this was all a bit too much. I wasn’t ready for such intimacy like that passionate kiss; it frightened me, and didn’t enthrall me one bit. The only kisses we’d shared before then were lingering pecks and slight brushings of the lips or whatever. Not this hungry, passionate, powerful meshing of the lips.

I dragged my neck out of his hand once I felt his tongue brush slightly against my lips. That was definitely way too much, way too soon. Jay’s hand slithered away from my neck as he stared into my emerald eyes.

“What’s wrong, babe?” he asked quietly, squeezing my hand again.

“It’s too soon.” I answered firmly. Jay frowned.

“We’ve been together for, what, a month? If we keep moving through this relationship at the pace we’re going, you’ll be out of college before we even make out.” he replied.

“That’s the point.” I said. “I don’t like moving fast in relationships. Especially ones like this.”

“What sort of relationship is this to you?”

“Well, we met and you asked me out before we actually became friends. Relationships need friendship first, and you just trying to shove me into doing that sort of thing isn’t helping any.” I answered calmly.

“Maybe I like moving fast,” Jay replied, his eyes flashing in a way I’d never seen them flash before. He leaned towards me, reaching over to graze his fingers up and down my thigh. “I like to make the most of relationships while they last.”

“Well, I don’t.” I snapped, shoving his hand away from my leg. “If a relationship doesn’t work out in its early stages, it’s not going to help to stuff those early stages with making out and having sex and whatnot.”

“You might be surprised.” Jay replied seriously, leaning over more to kiss me again. I turned my head away from him, looking towards the far corner of the house.

He wrapped his hand across my face so that his thumb pressed against one cheek, his palm pressed against my chin, and his four other fingers pressed against my other cheek. He forced my head to turn before pressing a hard kiss to my lips. Okay, this has gone way too far.

I slapped him upside the head. It dazed him enough for me to pull completely away. I shoved the passenger door open and turned to leave, but Jay seized my arm before I could. I whirled back to him, glaring. He just stared at me for a few moments, saying nothing.

“What?” I snapped angrily.

“You’ll come around.” he informed me, his face blank, his eyes emotionless. “You’ll come around to my way of thinking.”

“That’s nice to know,” I growled, attempting to wrench my arm from his grasp. He didn’t let go, so I just slapped his cheek as hard as I could once more. Jay’s fingers fell away from my arm, and I stepped out of the vehicle, slamming the door behind me.

“So, how was your date?” Melrose asked from the living room the instant I walked through the front door.

“Okay,” I answered.

“Does he treat you right?” she asked randomly. I looked over to see her staring solemnly at me. Images of what had just happened flashed through my mind, but I didn’t open my mouth and release them.

“Yes,” I answered. “Yes, he does.”

“Okay,” Melrose answered. “You just don’t look like you had the greatest time tonight.”

“And you think it’s because he’s been beating on me the whole time?” I asked. She nodded. “No, he hasn’t been beating on me the whole time. I’m just not in a very good mood.”

“Alright,” she replied. “But if ever he gives you trouble, don’t be scared to break up with him. He doesn’t own you, and he sure as hell doesn’t control you.” I nodded. “Good night.”

“Good night,” I said before heading upstairs to my room.

Fifteen minutes later, right as my head fell against my pillow, I heard the sound of my phone vibrating on the end table next to my bed. I reached over, picked it up, and flipped it open so that its blue glow filled the room and splashed across my face.

It was a text message from Jay: I’m sorry. I quickly sent one back: Not gonna cut it.

Jay: What will?

Me: I don’t know.

Jay: I wasn’t being myself.

Me: Damn right you weren’t.

Jay: I’m sorry.

Me: Still not gonna cut it. You disgust me now.

Jay: I’m not surprised.

Me: Good. You know you’ve done wrong.

Jay: Please forgive me.

Me: Nope.

Jay: Please.

Me: Text me in the morning. Maybe I’ll be more forgiving then.

Jay: ‘Kay.

Me: Bye.

Jay: Bye. I love you.

Me: ...

I closed the phone one last time and put it back on my end table before falling back against my pillow and sprinting off into La-La Land.


**********

The next morning, I woke up to Jen shaking me awake. I blinked up at her, attempting to focus after suddenly being awake.

“Jay’s here.” she said simply.

“Send him up,” I slurred, my words distorted with grogginess. Jen nodded and silently padded out of the room.

A few moments later, Jay walked hesitantly into my room. I glanced up before looking back down at my sheet. He closed the door quietly behind him before he walked over and sat down at the end of my bed.

“You told me to apologize in the morning.” he began. “So, here I am, and I’m sorry.”

I continued to look down at my sheet, grazing my fingertips across its smooth, cotton surface. I didn’t want to forgive him so easily. He had seriously disgusted me the night before. But he had been right: he hadn’t been himself. I guessed I should give him one break at least. Men make plenty of mistakes, and he shouldn’t be punished forever for one little one.

And I did slap him twice for it, so if he’s willing to come and apologize when I’ve hurt him back, then I should just be grateful and forgive him.

I shifted my gaze from my sheet to Jay’s calm face. He watched me intently, a hint of pleading reflecting out of his gray eyes. I smiled gently at him before reaching over and patting his knee.

“I forgive you.” I told him. He smiled back, relieved, and leaned forward to kiss me.

And this time, he kept it toned down to a small peck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo.
Comments?