Clash Of The Rockbands

Zacky Gets Owned...Again

James’s POV

I rounded on Syn the instant Melrose closed the tour bus door.

“Bastard!” I snapped. He just laughed.

“She didn’t suspect a thing. She ignored it completely.” he told me.

“Just give him a noogie.” Zacky suggested as he pulled out another cigarette.

“Oh, thank God she put her name on this paper. I couldn’t even remember it.” Matt said. He wasn’t even paying attention to the conversation; he instead studied the little slip of paper the redhead with navy blue streaks and bangs had given him. “Jennifer Wring.”

“Well, let’s head back to our tour bus, guys.” Zacky said. He was suddenly full of an awful lot of suggestions. He led the way down the row of tour buses towards ours.

As we walked, Johnny pulled out his cell phone.

“Calling Kim already?” Syn asked. Johnny nodded, barely paying attention to him as he punched in the cell phone number. He walked ahead of us as he put the phone to his ear. “He’s getting desperate, isn’t he?”

“No boys, what you see there is midget love.” Matt said knowingly. He looked around Syn at me. “I’m surprised that you didn’t ask for Melrose’s number. I mean you’re obviously—“

“I am not obsessed with her!” I snapped. “Besides, she’s not interested.”

“You don’t know that.” Syn said. “You could’ve at least given it a try.”

“And make a fool of myself? Fat chance,” I grumbled.

“Jimmy, you make a fool of yourself all the time.” Matt pointed out.

“True,” I agreed. “But I try not to make a fool of myself in front of women.”

“Especially one that you’re obsessed with,” Syn muttered under his breath. But I caught it.

“I’m not obsessed with her, okay?” I shouted. He just laughed.

“Yeah, just keep telling yourself that, Jimmy. It might one day become true.” he replied calmly. I wanted to punch that smug look on his face right off but I figured he would just punch right back and then we’d start fighting and it wouldn’t change a damn thing.

The sound of Johnny laughing floated back to our ears.

“I wonder what’s they’re talking about.” Matt thought out loud. “Johnny’s not exactly teeming with pick-up lines. Or punch-lines.” Zacky snuffed his cigarette out with the heel of his shoe and dropped the stub into the grass.

“I’m not sure I want to know.” Zacky answered.

Up ahead, Johnny turned right and disappeared among the tour buses. A few seconds later, we stepped up to our tour bus. It was a lot more masculine than the girls’ had been. It was painted all black with A7X written on both sides in blocky, white letters above our Deathbat symbol. The four of us climbed on in time to see Johnny disappear into the bedroom.

“Oh, don’t be so morose, Jimmy.” Zacky said as we all sat down in various spots in the living room part of the tour bus. “I’m sure we’ll see them at some other venue. Or maybe even later today. You’ll get to stare at Melrose a little bit—“ But his words were cut short as I launched myself off of the couch towards where he sat on the floor.

I slammed into Zacky. He fell back and I somehow wrapped my arm around his neck. I shoved my knuckles into his skull and started to give him another noogie.

“Get off! Get off!” he yelled, trying to punch me.

“Take it back! Take it back!” I yelled back, not letting go.

“Never!” Zacky retorted.

“Take it back!” I screamed.

“No! Let me go, you bitch!”

“Take it back!”

“NEVER!”

“Dude, just take it back.” Matt told him, clearly amused.

“Nah, don’t give in!” Syn said, even more amused than Matt. “This is five-star stuff right here!” He pulled out his cell phone, grinning away.

Zacky shoved his elbow into my ribs as hard as he could, but it didn’t help in the slightest.
“Get off, you fucker!” Zacky yelled.

“Take it back!” I insisted. Zacky swore beneath his breath.

“Fine, fine,” he grumbled. “I take it back.”

“You take what back?”

“I take back what I said about you staring at Melrose.” Zacky grumbled.

“Alright,” I replied. I released his neck and he instantly shot to his feet.

“Bastard,” he muttered before sitting down on the couch looking grumpy. I stood up too and sat down in the armchair. More laughter came from the bedroom.

“Gag me with a spoon,” Syn muttered. But elation came back to his face as he watched his little recording of Zacky and I. Matt leaned over and watched it over his shoulder.

“Ouch, that looked painful.” Matt commented. “I think you’ll have a bruise on your rib tomorrow from that.” He must’ve been talking about when Zacky elbowed me.

“Bastard,” Zacky grumbled again. Johnny walked out of the bedroom, closing his phone.

“Oh, Johnny, you missed it!” Matt said. Johnny frowned.

“Missed what?” he asked. Matt motioned for him to come over and Johnny obliged. Syn played the recording again. “Oh my God! The second time today! Setting a new record, I think.”

Once it was finished, Johnny sat down beside Zacky.

“Oh, damn, Zacky,” he began. “That’s the second time that Jimmy owned your ass today. You need to set up defenses against him or something.” Zacky looked like he was about to murder someone.

“I think I’ll put this on Youtube.” Syn muttered excitedly. “It could be titled ‘Zacky Gets Owned’. We’ll see how many girls love you then, Zacky.”

“I’d still have more fan-girls than all of you put together,” Zacky said.

“Cocky, are we?” I commented.

“Girls notice me before they notice any of you.” he continued.

“They do it out of pity.” I retorted.

“You’re just jealous.” Zacky shot back.

“Dudes, seriously, you’re arguing like women.” Matt interjected. Zacky and I fell silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo. Hope you likey.

Comments please?