Clash Of The Rockbands

I Hear Wedding Bells!

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Kimberly, happy birthday to you!” Rayne, Jen, AM, James, Syn, Johnny, Matt, Zacky, Daphne, and I all belted out the lyrics of Happy Birthday as Rayne placed the rectangular cake down in front of Kim. Kim sort of reminded me of a little kid, sitting at the head of the dining table, waiting excitedly for her cake. A large ear-to-ear grin took up Kim’s small face as she looked down at her cake. A layer of black frosting covered the cake, and Rayne had spent at least twenty minutes perfecting each little lavender frosting rose, swirl, and edging. Hot pink frosting right in the center of the cake bellowed: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM! Beneath that, there was a rough outline of a guitar.

“Okay, make a wish and blow out all the candles!” Rayne said happily, stepping back. Kim squeezed her eyes shut, wishing with all her might, before snapping her eyes back open and blowing out all twenty-four of the candles. She instantly seized a candle, plucked it out of the cake, and licked the frosting off of the end. Laughing, the rest of us seized one and mimicked her movements.

“Watch out, Ann has a knife!” Zacky exclaimed as AM stepped forward to cut the cake. “But, too bad for you! I don’t have any cigarettes to murder!” Zacky had gone since that day that AM executed his cigarettes without one cigarette. AM was extremely happy and proud because of that, and he loved doing anything that pleased her, so it worked out alright for everyone.

AM smirked and raised the knife, acting as though she were about to slash his face off. Zacky quickly side-stepped to cower behind James. AM laughed and turned to the cake and began to cut pieces away.

After eating some cake, we all migrated into the living room for present opening. Kim had gotten one present from each of us. In fifteen minutes, she had opened, stared in fascination at, thanked/hugged the present giver, and then picked up the next present ten times, for each present.

“That has to be a world record.” Rayne commented, looking over at the clock as Kim put down the last present. “Fifteen minutes to open ten presents, read ten cards, stare in fascination at said card and present, and thank the person who gave it to you. That has got to be a world record.”

“Don’t think that yet.” Johnny said. “I still have one more little present for her.”

“Ooh, yay, one more present!” Kim exclaimed excitedly, clapping her hands. Johnny rose to his feet and walked over to where Kim sat in the center of the living room, her presents encircling her. He extended a hand to her, and looking a little confused, Kim pulled herself to her feet with it.

“So...we’ve been dating for a couple of years.” Johnny began. Kim looked expectantly at him, smiling away. I knew she didn’t have a clue what was going on, being naïve and all, but I had a pretty good idea.

“The best damn years of my life,” Kim added. Johnny nodded in agreement.

“And for the past couple of weeks, I’ve been thinking.” Johnny continued.

“Scary thought,” Syn muttered beneath his breath, earning a slap on the arm by Rayne.

“I’ve been thinking mainly about you. The way your eyes sparkle, how cute your laugh is, how adorably random you are,” Johnny said with a smirk. Kim’s cheeks became slightly tinged with pink. “And I began to wonder what life would be like without your sparkling eyes, your cute laugh, your adorable randomness. I pictured myself years from now, alone and without you there with me, and my future appeared bleak and cold.

“But then, I pictured myself years from now, but only with you by my side. And I instantly pictured myself as being happy, and laughing, and enjoying life. My future appeared warm, and lovely, and full of Kim. And I loved that future. I want that future.” Johnny gently entwined his fingers with Kim’s before continuing. Only then did I notice how different their hands were. His hand was pale, and large, and masculine, while Kim’s hand was dark, and small, and feminine. But their hands just fit together like two perfect puzzle pieces, like they were meant for each other.

And they were meant for each other.

“I want you in my future, Kim. I want you to be by my side for all of eternity. And I don’t even want to take a chance and risk that not happening.” Johnny continued. “So, today, I want to ensure that happy future of mine. I want to ensure that you’ll be with me forever and ever. I want to ensure that our relationship will never weaken, but only get stronger and stronger until it can kick other relationships’ asses.”

Kim laughed at that last comment, but abruptly stopped as Johnny descended down onto one knee. He pulled a small black box out of his pocket and smoothly flipped it open with one hand, flaunting the ring inside at Kim.

“Kimberly Ann Tate, will you marry me?”

I had never seen Kim pale so fast. One second, her cheeks held just a splash of pink; the next second, her whole face had paled to a light hazel sort of color. Her eyes flickered between Johnny’s face and the ring in the box. Back and forth, back and forth, over and over again in quick succession.

Suddenly, she let loose a loud shriek and launched herself at Johnny. She slammed into him, and they fell back onto the carpet. Kim wound her arms tightly around Johnny’s neck, probably suffocating the poor guy, and began to kiss every inch of his face.

“Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” Kim yelled between each kiss. I looked over to see Rayne and Jen both blinking back tears. Those two had always been suckers for heartfelt speeches from significant others.

“Wow, that was some deep shit.” James commented over the sounds of Kim kissing Johnny. “I think he planned that.”

“James, shut the hell up.” I whispered, watching as Kim and Johnny struggled back to their feet. Johnny slipped the ring onto Kim’s hand. Kim slung her arms back around Johnny’s neck, kissing him hard on the lips.

“Oh my God, I am about to die from how adorable that was.” Rayne said, her eyes glassy with unshed tears of happiness. “I’ve always been a sucker for heartfelt speeches like that.” See? I told you.

“Yes!” Syn exclaimed. “I know how to get stuff from Rayne. Just say a heartfelt speech, and I’ve got anything I want.” Rayne giggled.

“I don’t think you’d need to do that drastic of an action.” she corrected. Syn smirked, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

Kim and Johnny pulled away from each other, finally. We all shot out of our seats to give them a congratulatory hug, fist bump, or slap on the back, depending on the congratulator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo.
So...Johnny and Kim are engaged! Yay! *confetti falls*
Comments, please, or I won't post anymore.