Clash Of The Rockbands

Amazing Reasons

“Kim has been in a pretty dreamy state since Johnny proposed. Has Johnny been the same way?” I asked James. We laid on my queen-sized bed a couple of nights later, in the dark, talking until sleep overcame us. James had randomly decided to spend the night, but believe me: I wasn’t complaining. We really didn’t get to see each other as often as we liked.

“Yeah, pretty much,” James answered, running his fingers up and down my spine. “Syn has had to slap him a couple of times to get him to concentrate.”

“That’s just mean.” I commented.

“But funny as hell,” James replied. “So, is it true that Kim moved in with Johnny, or is that just an on-going fantasy of his?”

“Yep, she moved in with him.” I answered. “I think she really likes it though, because now they can be...um...intimate with each other without Rayne breathing down their necks.”

“Wish we could do that,” James muttered.

“Can’t,” I answered. “Maybe when Daphne goes back to Indiana, but until then, I’ve got to stay here.”

“Oh,” James replied. “But that speech of his was quite the tear jerker.” I chuckled.

“Yeah, Rayne and Jen both almost cried.” I agreed. James chuckled too, and I could feel it resonate throughout his chest through the right side of my face, which just so happened to be resting against his chest. Once again, you won’t hear me complaining. “I love you.” I said randomly. James pressed a kiss to my temple.

“I love you too.” We laid in a contented silence for a few moments more. “You know what?”

“What?”

“You’re amazing.”

“Thanks,” I said with a laugh. “And you’re not too shabby yourself.”

“Like I haven’t heard that before,” James replied in that egotistical, cocky way of his. “But, really, you are the most amazing person.”

“How?”

“Multiple reasons.”

“List some.”

“You’ll get a novel.”

“Okay.”

“Alright. It’s your funeral.” James said. “Hm...Let’s see...One, you’re beautiful, just the most gorgeous gal alive. Two, you’re a rockstar; big plus there. Three, you play the drums, which instantly makes you awesome. Four, you’re just random enough to make hanging out with you loads of fun. Five, you have the prettiest eyes I’ve ever seen. Six, you have lovely legs. Seven, you’re skinny, but not super skinny like a lot of rocker chicks are. Eight, you’re always really happy. Nine, you have the cutest laugh...Um...What number am I at?”

“Ten.”

“Ten, you look most gorgeous when your beauty is natural. Eleven, you’re not a bitch. Twelve, your friends don’t hate me.”

“Of course they don’t hate you. You’re like a brother to them.” I cut in.

“I had a girlfriend whose friends absolutely hated my guts. They believed I was too wild and stuff for their friend. So they influenced her enough, and she broke up with me.”

“Is that a long story made short?”

“No a short story made long. Oh, yeah, Melrose, consider your mind blown.” James answered. I laughed before pulling away from James’s chest to put my head next to James’s so that our faces were inches apart.

“Oh, it’s blown, definitely,” I replied.

“You’re blushing. Were you aware?” James observed.

“I figured.” I answered. “All these compliments you’re giving me. I’d have to be a stone cold bitch to not blush at what you’re saying.”

“Thirteen—”

“Okay, I get your point.” I cut him off. “You think I’m amazing. I get it.”

“What else is there to think of you?”

“Loads of things.”

“None of which are true. Except what I just said.”

“You’re smooth, you know that? Have you ever been told you’re smooth with the ladies?” I asked.

“Not that I recall, no,” James answered.

“Well, you are. With me, at least.” I told him. He smirked. “Damn, I know that smirk. It’s that ‘This is adding to my ego’ smirk.”

“Yup,” James replied. I smiled and pressed a quick kiss to his lips. “Thirteen, your lips are as sweet as sugar.” James breathed against my lips. I pulled away with a laugh. James just pressed his hand against the back of my neck and pulled me into another kiss. His tongue somehow found its way into my mouth and explored with unhurried curiosity.

We pulled away after a minute or so and just stared into each other’s eyes, slightly breathless.

“Well, good night,” James said, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

“Good night,” I replied. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, and soon we fell asleep to the sound of each other breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo.
Yeah. A filler. Deal with it.
Call it payback for no comments.
Hoes. (I honestly don't mean that...I love you guys, I really do. You read my shizz. I can't help but love you. =})