Clash Of The Rockbands

Sylvester's Brilliant Plan

James’s POV

“So, what’s this meeting for, Sly?” Melrose asked from beside me. My left arm curled around her shoulders, her fingers sewn with mine. Her fingernails scraped against the back of my hand as her eyes followed Sylvester, who paced back and forth. All ten of us sat in the casual lounge, having been called upon by Sylvester on the sunny early-August day.

“I have thought up the most brilliant plan.” Sylvester announced grandly, pausing in his pacing to speak to us. “I’ve talked with Avenged Sevenfold’s manager about it, and he agrees that it is utter brilliance.”

“Out with it, Sly.” Rayne wheedled, her arm wound around Syn’s waist.

“I think it would be beneficial—and a real financial opportunity—if The Better Halves and Avenged Sevenfold—”

“Started to sell chocolates!” Kim exclaimed excitedly.

“Bought out Dunkin’ Doughnuts!” Rayne said just as excitedly.

“Collaborated with Mariah Carey!” Matt suggested with a smirk.

“Met Pete Wentz!” Zacky exclaimed, possibly the loudest of them all. We all laughed at Zacky’s suggestion before Sylvester continued.

“No,” he answered with a smile. “None of those things, although they do sound amazingly awesome. But what I was going to say is that A7X and TBH should go on tour together!”

“That IS fucking brilliant!” Jen said. “If I doubted you before, Sly, I don’t any longer.”

“That would be awesome.” Melrose agreed.

“Let’s finalize it!” Rayne yelled. She looked over at Sylvester. “How do we do that?”

“So, you guys want to do that?” Sylvester asked, sounding a bit unsure about our answer.

“Hells yeah!” we all exclaimed simultaneously. Sylvester smiled, looking excited now.
“I’ll do what needs done.” he told us. “You may go back to what you do best.”

“And what is that?” AM asked him. Sylvester grinned over at her.

“Playing Wii bowling,” he answered. “You know you’re good at it.” AM mock-blushed.

“Aww, thanks, Sly.” she gushed. “I’m glad to know that someone notices!”
“What am I best at, Sly?” Kim challenged.

“Honey, we all know you’re best at being hyper with zero caffeine and zero sugar,” Sylvester answered in a ‘duh’ tone. Kim nodded with a smile.

“Ooh, ooh, what about me?” Syn asked.

“We all know how awesomely you rock the fedora,” Sylvester answered. Syn laughed, patting his hatless spikes.

“And me?” Zacky asked.

“You’re a lady’s man, and you know it.” Sylvester said matter-of-factly.

“Damn straight he is.” AM agreed, planting a kiss on Zacky’s cheek.


**********

“Sly’s plan sounds awesome, does it not?” Melrose asked that night. She decided to spend the night, and we lay talking before sleep overcame us.

“Yes, I can’t wait to see if it can all be finalized and shit.” I answered. Melrose hooked a hand around my ribs and pulled herself closer to me, resting her cheek against my bare chest. My arm coiled around her shoulders, my fingertips poked beneath her tank top sleeve, scraping against the soft skin stretched over her shoulder blade.

“What do you think I’m best at, other than playing the drums?” she asked after a few moments. “I’ve just been thinking about that all day, and I want your thoughts on it.”

“Well, what do you think you’re best at?” I replied.

“Um...Other than playing the drums...Being happy, I guess...” Melrose answered thoughtfully.

“I know you’re best at rocking my socks.” I told her without much thought. She laughed, and I could feel it reverberating through her throat against my chest. “Well, what am I best at, then?”

“What do you think you’re best at?” she repeated, slinging my own question back at me.

“Hmm...I’d have to say...I’m pretty good at...being called the crazy one of the band.” I answered truthfully. Melrose laughed again.

“I know you’re best at being awesome.” Melrose told me.

“Well, I knew that already. I just didn’t say it because I knew it would sound egotistical of me.” I replied.

“And what you just said didn’t?”

“Nope,” I answered. Melrose fell silent for a few moments, her breath rolling down my torso. Then, slowly, she shifted her position. She pulled herself up closer to my face before pressing a soft kiss to my neck. She leaned her forehead against the side of my neck, her hair tickling my collarbone. I just lay there, staring up at the ceiling. After a few moments, she slowly slid back down, pressing her ear against my chest right over my heart. She sighed, and I felt her eyelashes slide against my chest as she closed her eyes. I continued to stare at the ceiling, my fingers now trailing through her hair.

So this is what real, true peace feels like.
♠ ♠ ♠
What if Avenged Sevenfold collaborated with Mariah Carey? 0.o

That would be, like, the ultimate crossover song. It would sound interesting. Mariah Carey's freakishly high notes singing along with Matt's deep, rough voice...

It might even sound good. I wouldn't know.

Comments?