Clash Of The Rockbands

Touring Again

Melrose’s POV

BEEP BEEP!

“Shit,” I grumbled, hastily dragging the zipper of one of my two duffel bags closed. I shoved my small bag with my toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, comb, hairspray, perfume, girl stuff like that, into the still-open duffel bag. I zipped that one shut as well before dragging each strap over my shoulders. I hurtled out onto the landing, flicking my light off as I did so. A rushing Jen collided with me. We both somehow regained our balance and set off down the staircases, our flip-flops slapping against the floor as we went.

Rayne and AM skidded into the parlor from the hall. Apparently, not one of us was on time with the packing. But hey, we’re females. What can you expect?

Rayne threw open the door as AM flicked the last light off. We all stepped calmly out of the house, looking like we hadn’t just been rushing around like chickens with their heads cut off. Rayne closed and locked the door behind her, following the rest of us out to the tour bus.

“Welcome to Hell,” an unfamiliar man with black hair who sat at the steering wheel told us the instant we stepped on the bus. “I’m Berry, Jason Berry. Call me Jason, or Berry, or Jasonberry.”

“Because he’s a fruit!” an unfamiliar male voice called from within the bus.

“Ignore Matt.” Jason said calmly. “Matt Berry, my twin brother. He’s a douche.”

“Oh, that’s lovely,” Rayne commented. She glanced at us, and we just shrugged before continuing on into the main part of the bus.

“Ignore Jason.” a guy with black hair who looked a lot like Jason told us. He sat at the kitchen table with a glass of orange juice. “He’s a fruit, like I said.”

“Thanks for the tip,” Rayne told him. She gave us a strange look before stepping on through the kitchen into the living room. “The Berry twins are creeping me out.”

Syn laughed from the couch.

“They have that affect on people. But they’re generally cool.” he told us.

“Gals!” Kim exclaimed, hurtling out of Johnny’s lap. She slammed into Rayne, wrapping her skinny arms around her. Rayne laughed, but it stopped short as her bags shifted, throwing her off balance. They fell to the floor, landing in a heap of duffel bags and flesh. Johnny grinned before rising to his feet and walking over to gently detangle Kim from the pile.

“I probably broke something.” Rayne announced as she sat up. “In my bags, I mean,” she added when she caught sight of Syn’s concerned look. “So, where’s the bunks?” She rose to her feet, dragging the straps of her duffel bags back across her shoulders.

“Through that curtain,” James answered, pointing at a thick black curtain. “Just store your stuff under the beds for now.” Rayne led the way over to the black curtain. She pushed it aside to reveal a small room with three sets of bunk beds. We stepped inside, looking around. There wasn’t much to look at. We stored our stuff under the bunk beds, putting the duffel bags that wouldn’t fit over in the corner out of the way.

When we stepped back out into the main part of the bus, I noticed that we had started moving again. The bus suddenly lurched awfully, sending me off of my feet. I landed awkwardly in Syn’s lap, my legs slung across the arm of the couch. But Rayne and I were even: the lurch had sent her into James’s lap.

“Ow,” Syn said calmly, looking at me. “Your ass is bony.”

“Thanks,” I replied sarcastically, cautiously standing back up. “I love hearing that I have no ass.”

“Well, I didn’t say that you didn’t.” Syn replied as Rayne and I switched places. “Your ass is just bonier than Rayne’s.”

“Well, Rayne’s packing a good bdonkydonk. It doesn’t take much to have a bonier ass than Rayne’s.” Kim told him.

“What caused that lurch anyway? We’re still on city streets.” Rayne asked.

“Sorry!” Jason called from the front. “Clipped a curb!”

“And you guys trust him behind the wheel?” Jen asked incredulously.

“So, where’s the first concert?” I asked.

“San Fran,” Matt answered. “Then we’ll leave California, I think. I don’t know. The first concert is in San Fran, though.”

We fell silent. I leaned back against James’s chest, crossing my arms over where his wound around my waist. I stared out the window across the bus, watching the familiar houses of Huntington Beach speed by.

“Are we stopping in Indianapolis, by any chance?” I asked Matt, switching my gaze over to him.

“I think, eventually,” he answered.

“Good,” I replied, looking back out the window. “I’ll have to let Daphne know.”
“Have you talked to her lately?” Kim asked.

“A few weeks ago,” I answered. “She’s doing quite well. She’s got a pretty good paying job that she likes. She says the depression is still gone, and she’s happy.”

“That’s great.” Kim replied. I nodded.

“Let’s play Uno!” Zacky announced, seeming to pull a deck of Uno cards practically out of nowhere. We all laughed at his abruptness, but slid down onto the floor in the middle of the living area of the bus to play Uno.


**********

I yawned and stretched, covering my mouth with a hand. It had been a pretty long, boring day. My limbs felt stiff from not moving much all day. We’d done anything and everything to entertain ourselves. But still, it had been a boring day.

“Sounds like someone needs to go to bed,” James commented. I nodded sleepily, leaning my head against his shoulder. I quickly pulled away, though, and headed into the bedroom of sorts to get out pajamas.

After brushing my teeth and stuff in the bathroom, I stepped into the bedroom to find it bustling with activity. It felt cramped in there, since practically everyone was in there, pulling out pajamas and stuff.

“Which one is your bunk bed?” I asked James, looking around at them. He pointed at the top one on the right side of the room. I sighed, looking warily at the ladder leading up to it. I didn’t trust that thing. It looked rickety and old and not sturdy. I stepped over to it and quickly scrambled up onto the bed, hoping to make the climb up the ladder a bit better. It worked, since I didn’t stay on there long.

“This bed is small,” I noted, looking over the edge at him. “And neither of us is exactly small.”

“We’ll fit.” James told me.

“And you’re sure of this?”

“Positive.”

“Do I want to know how you are positive?”

“Nope.”

“Okay.” I laid down, dragging the sheet over me. I stared up at the ceiling of the bus only a foot or so above my head. Some people might’ve felt claustrophobic in my situation, but I felt fine. Enclosed spaces sometimes made me feel better, safer.

A few minutes later, James climbed up beside me. He burrowed under the covers beside me. Surprisingly, he was right: we fit on the bed. There wasn’t much space between us, but we weren’t forced to press against each other either. He turned around to face me, propping his elbow against the pillow and placing his head in his hand. I could hear everyone else climbing into their bunks. Across the room from us, in the other top bunk bed, lay Syn and Rayne.

“Golly,” Rayne commented. “There’s no keeping anything a secret from each other up here.”

“Damn,” I said back. “I guess neither one of us can sneak any sex in.”

“Dang,” Rayne replied, snapping her fingers once. “I really hoped to sneak sex in tonight.” Syn laughed, pulling her against his chest.

“Please, hold it in.” Zacky’s voice came from below James and I. Gosh, this felt a bit awkward.

“If I hear any moans tonight, I will not hesitate in kicking you off of the bus.” Matt announced from below Rayne and Syn.

“I think you’ll only have to worry about Johnny and Kim. They’re used to being able to have sex any time they want.” I told him. Kim giggled. “Yeah, see?”

James shook his head, lowering himself off of his elbow. He turned a bit so that he lay on his back, and I scooted closer to lay my head on his chest. Someone turned the light off. We all descended into that peaceful darkness of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still fillers.
Boring fillers.
I'm sorry.

Comments?