Clash Of The Rockbands

Guess Who We Share A Recording Studio With!

“It’s so...big.” I said in clear awe. Jen had just pulled up to the new recording studio. It was about three times bigger than the one in Indianapolis. “I think I’ll need a map of navigate it.”

“Yeah,” Rayne breathed from beside me, staring in awe too. We were amazed so easily. It didn’t take much to impress us.

“Well, records won’t make themselves, you know.” Jen said. She clearly didn’t notice or didn’t care about the size of the studio. She opened the driver door of her white Escalade—well, really, the band’s white Escalade—and climbed out. The rest of us quickly followed her.

“So, a grand tour will be required!” A very excited Sylvester bounced up the instant we walked through the door. We grinned at him and nodded. “Right this way, then.” He led the way through a small lobby and down a side hallway.

He stopped at the first door.

“This is the main lounge.” he told us as he opened the door. He motioned a hand into the room. We all leaned forward to look in before he closed the door again. “There’s a smaller one farther down the hall that you’ll probably use more often.” Sylvester continued down the hall. He pointed at the next door. “That’s a bathroom. There aren’t separate bathrooms for the separate genders because there simply aren’t enough people to have separate ones. There are a few other bathrooms too.” Sylvester continued down the hall and stopped a few doors down. “Here’s the casual lounge.” He pushed the door open.

“STOP THAT!” a familiar voice exploded from the lounge. We all looked curiously into the room. Several thuds sounded as our jaws hit the floor.

Syn, Zacky, and Matt were all sitting on a beige leather couch in the small room. Johnny sat in a matching leather armchair with his bass guitar in his lap, randomly plucking strings. James sat on the part of the floor where it was made of reddish-brown colored hardwood. His drumsticks were in his hands, and he looked as though he had been hitting them against the floor.

“It’s so annoying!” Syn snapped. James just grinned and hit his drumstick against the floor one last time. Then they finally noticed us standing there.

More thuds as their jaws hit the floor.

“K-Kim,” Johnny said fearfully. I looked over to see Kim glaring at Johnny with her eyes full of murderous rage. He quickly stood up, placing his guitar carefully into the chair. “Why are you glaring at me like that?”

Kim’s only response was a shriek as she barreled into the room.

Sure, Kim’s short and tiny, but a fiercer girl you will never meet. If she wants to hurt you, she’ll hurt you. No matter how much taller or stronger you are, she’ll hurt you.

And I think she had murder on her mind.

Her tiny body slammed into Johnny’s slightly bulkier one. He staggered back a few steps, shielding his face.

But Kim doesn’t aim for the face. She aims a little lower.

She slammed a fist into his abdomen. Johnny took another half step back, quickly covering his stomach. Kim then aimed a little...er...below the belt. Literally.

She slammed her knee into his happy place.

Guys out there: Don’t make Kim mad at you because she doesn’t fight nice.

Johnny’s face showed nothing but pain as he fell with a thud to the ground. Syn, Zacky, Matt, and James were paralyzed with shock. Or possibly with amusement. Either way, they weren’t rushing to help their friend.

Rayne and I both hurried into the room and seized one of Kim’s elbows. We pulled her back away from Johnny. She struggled against us, but her rage wasn’t directed towards us so we could restrain her pretty well. Zacky, taking pity on poor Johnny, stood up and helped him to his feet.

Johnny winced as he slowly sank down onto the armchair next to his guitar. Kim breathed heavily as she glared at him, but she didn’t struggle against us anymore.

“Bastard,” she spat.

“What the hell was that for?” Johnny cried.

“You never call me anymore, you jerk!” Kim screeched angrily. She wrenched her elbows out of Rayne’s and mine’s grasp but didn’t attack Johnny again. She just stood there, clenching and unclenching her fists. “You never answer your phone when I call you! Have you been avoiding me?”

“I’ve just been very—“ Johnny started, but Kim interjected.

“Busy, huh?” she snapped. “Busy? Well, I’ll tell you what, mister. We’ve been busy too, but, ha, funny, I always find time to try and call you! I always do! I take time out of my hectic schedule to try and keep this little relationship going! But no! You have to be a selfish bastard and not even attempt to keep it going!”

“Well, I’m sorry, Kim!” Johnny retorted heatedly. “I’m sorry I’m not as selfless and perfect as you are! I’m sorry I don’t have endless amounts of energy, like you do! I’m sorry! There, I said it! I’m fucking sorry!”

“Sorry won’t cut it!” Kim growled. But then suddenly she beamed innocently, like she hadn’t just punched his stomach and kneed his happy place and screeched at him like a furious monkey. “But a nice movie and dinner might.”

Johnny just looked confused. We were used to Kim’s sudden mood changes. She never stays angry once she’s confronted the person she’s angry at.

“Um...” He looked over at the other guys, still looking confused. They just shrugged. Johnny looked back at Kim. “Sure. Pick you up Friday?”

“Yeah,” Kim said happily. “But isn’t this so cool, though?” She changed subjects lightning fast as she sauntered over and sat down on the arm of the armchair. “We share a recording studio!”

“Yeah, just awesome,” I grumbled. “But come on, Kim.” I stepped forward and grabbed her arm to pull her off of the armchair. “We need to continue the tour, right, Sly?” I looked over at Sylvester. He nodded. “Yeah, see?” I pulled Kim off of the chair and pulled her out of the room. Rayne, Jen, and AM all followed.

“Oh, does Mel not want to see James again?” Rayne asked in a baby voice as we continued down the hall outside of the casual lounge.

“That’s the second time in two days that James has just popped up out of nowhere at me!” I snapped. “And you know I’m awkward around guys anyway.”

“Yeah,” Rayne agreed. “Especially sexy ones.” I nodded. “So, you think they’re sexy?”

“Well, no dip, Sherlock,” I retorted. “You even think they’re sexy.”

“True, true,” Rayne answered. “But they are! So why even deny it?”

“Precisely,” I replied.

“Well, on with the tour then!” Sylvester said excitedly. He led the way briskly down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhhh...

Comments are nice. Please send some.