Clash Of The Rockbands

Ugly Deceit and Lies

Rayne’s POV

“Babe, where were you last night?” I asked Bri curiously.

“At a bar,” he answered, looking away from me towards the opposite end of the parking lot. Something in his voice told me that he was lying through his teeth. And also the fact that he refused to make eye contact.

We stood outside the tour bus one mid-April morning. We now toured in the more Southern states, so it was pretty warm. Brian was smoking a cigarette, and I just wanted a little bit of private time with him. The night previously, he’d gone off to God knows where after the concert and hadn’t returned to the bus until one or two AM. I felt slightly suspicious of where he had actually been: he’d been eyeing that sluttish blonde groupie a lot more lately. Call me paranoid, but I seriously considered the fact that he’d gone off with that stupid groupie behind my back.

“No, you weren’t,” I replied with a shake of my head. Bri looked over at me, shaking the ash off of the end of his cigarette.

“And what makes you think that?” he asked sharply, his brown eyes angering a little bit. I laughed mirthlessly, feeling my own anger rise up as I saw his.

“You didn’t even try to hide the fact that you were looking at that groupie.” I snapped. “You just stared freely at her. And, AND, I saw you wink at the bitch!”

“My eyelid twitched shut as I just happened to glance in her direction. I couldn’t help it.” Bri answered, casually blowing smoke out of the corner of his mouth. In any other situation, I would’ve laughed at that excuse. But in this situation, I was just pissed that he thought I was stupid enough to believe that.

“It did not!” I hissed at him. “You WINKED at HER! I don’t give a damn whether your eyelid twitched shut! You shouldn’t have even been glancing her direction anyway!”

“Hard habit to break, Rayne,” Bri told me, turning his body and looking away from me. “Hard habit to break.” The last time he said that, it sounded sincere and sorrowful and regretful. Now, it sounded just plain arrogant.

Bastard.

“You went off with that groupie, didn’t you!?” I shrieked. Bri looked thoughtfully up at the clear blue spring sky, tapping his cigarette to shake out the ash again.

“I don’t really remember,” he answered, still looking up at the sky. “I don’t remember much of last night, really.” He looked back down at me. “You are jealous, despite what you told me last time.”

I am not jealous,” I growled. I sounded slightly demonic. “I...am...just...PISSED!”

“Sure,” Bri said sarcastically. “Sure you aren’t jealous. If you weren’t jealous, you wouldn’t react this way.”

“You WERE out with her, weren’t you?” I snapped. I could just tell from his last sentence that he had been.

“Yeah,” Bri answered, blowing smoke into my face. “I was. But we didn’t do a damn thing. She has no ass.”

I gasped, stepping away from him. He watched me calmly, taking another drag of his cigarette. HE ADMITTED TO GOING WITH A GROUPIE BEHIND MY BACK! WHAT A FUCKING MAN-SKANK! Oh, that just sent me over the edge.

“FUCK YOU!” I shrieked, clenching my fists. “DAMN YOU TO HELL, WHERE YOU’LL ROT WITH YOUR GUITAR, JUST LIKE KIM PREDICTED! YOU BASTARD OF A MAN-SKANK!”

“You won’t stay angry,” Bri said, his voice calm. He dropped the cigarette and stomped it out with the toe of his shoe. “You never do.”

“Yeah, because I always thought you were so damn handsome,” I snarled cruelly. “But now, all I see is ugly lies and deceit. I FUCKING HATE YOU!”

“You won’t,” Bri called after me as I stormed onto the tour bus. “You’ll love me again tonight!”

I strode through the tour bus and into the bunk room, throwing myself down onto one of the bunk beds. Tears of anger, hatred, betrayal, and torturous pain dribbled down my face. I propped my elbows on my knees and leaned my head down before curling my fingers around my skull. I hated him. I would never love him again. Something had broken between Brian and I, and it had slowly diminished our relationship until...this. Until we—well, he—sank into deceit and lies. Our past relationship held no ground in this new relationship. He’d cheated on me with a GROUPIE. A WHORE who had probably screwed every rockstar since Elvis.

There wasn’t a relationship anymore. There was only a sheer cliff of hate that I tottered on the very edge of.

Someone sank down onto the bed beside me. I felt a hand, smaller than Brian’s, begin to rub my back. I glanced over to see chestnut hair with blonde, red, and black mixed in.

Melrose. She was my best friend; we’d known each other since pre-school. Out of the whole band, me and her were the closest. We were practically sisters; she called my mom “Other Mother”. She would never betray me.

“He’s a fucking bastard,” I said. “I hate his guts. I want to rip his intestines out of his body and stomp them into the hot pavement until they look like a small family of frogs got ran over by a semi.”

“It would be fun to watch,” Melrose agreed, still rubbing my back.

“I’d take his heart and stab a dagger through it, so he could feel what I feel now,” I continued venomously. “And then I’d take another dagger and stab it in his back.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Melrose told me. “I’ll order some daggers off Ebay, and we’ll set to work ripping out his intestines to entertain us until they arrive.”

I raised my head and smiled weakly over at her; it probably looked more like a grimace, though. She smiled back, shoving back the darkness surrounding me with her easy smile. I wrapped my arms around her, pressing my face against her shoulder. She curled her arms back around me, patting my back soothingly.

“I just don’t understand why he would rather go with a sluttish groupie for one night than stay with me for possibly forever. I thought he loved me. I guess he didn’t love me as much as I thought,” I grumbled into her shirt.

“You’re a great catch,” Melrose told me. “He lost something great. It’s definitely his loss and not yours.”

“Boys are stupid,” I said. Melrose nodded in agreement.

“Would you like me to go slap him?” she asked. I thought for a little bit before nodding. “And should it be from Rayne?”

“Nah,” I answered as I pulled away. “Just make it for Rayne.”

“Right-o,” Melrose replied. She rose to her feet and walked out of the bunk room. I quickly walked over to the curtain and pulled it aside a bit to look into the living room.

Melrose strode over to where Brian sat on the couch. She put her hands angrily on her hips as she stepped in front of him. He looked up at her, and I couldn’t see his expression, only hers: and boy, did she look pissed! Without any warning, she sprung back a hand and slammed it against Brian’s cheek. His head twisted to the side, and he looked back at her as he raised a hand to his cheek. Matt and Jen, who sat next to him, both stifled a laugh, slapping their hands over their mouths.

“That’s for Rayne,” she snarled meanly. She growled deep in her throat at him, sounding really, uber demonic. Then, she turned and strode back into the bunk room.

“That was brilliant!” I told her happily. She smiled at me, all of her recent anger vanishing instantly. “I love my sister.”

“I love my sister, too,” she said, giving me a hug. “If ever you need him to be slapped again, I’d be glad to do the honors. No one hurts my sister and gets away with it.” I smiled gratefully at her.

“I’ll keep it in mind.” I replied.

It might come in handy.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH, SNAP!

But you gotta love Melrose.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Even though you probably hated this chapter.

More comments, please?