Clash Of The Rockbands

Left Alone

Jen’s POV

Remember how Matt promised that he would let back on the overprotective thing?

Well, he broke it.

He’s hovering over me worse than ever nowadays. Every bar, club, even grocery store that we enter, Matt is always right next to me. I feel like he’s my parole officer or something and I’m high risk and need constant observation. It pisses me off more and more everyday.

I shifted from “pissed off” to “furious” one night at a bar in El Paso, Texas.

The concert was going to be the next night, so we decided to go to a bar to relax a little bit, since we wouldn’t have any time the day of the concert. Rayne and Syn were currently completely ignoring each other; Syn now slept in the empty bunk bed. As we slid into a large booth with black leather benches in the back corner of the bar, they made sure to sit as far from each other as possible. But still, after they’d been broken up for about a week and a half, I caught Rayne glancing at Syn every once in a while, and pain would flash in her dark eyes. I would quickly restrain myself from tackling Syn and punching him as hard as I could in the face every time I saw this happen. He seemed completely unaware of what he’d done to Rayne; he seemed almost blissful without her, and that honestly pissed me off even more at him.

I was pretty sure I wasn’t the only girl restraining herself from beating Syn into a bloody pulp. Melrose seemed the angriest; I knew her and Rayne were practically sisters. Melrose ignored Syn as well; occasionally, her restraints would break down and she’d almost slap him, but usually Jimmy grabbed her wrist before her palm made contact with the back of Syn’s head. One day, her shoe “accidentally” flew spontaneously off of her foot and slammed into the back of Syn’s head. And sometimes, her leg would “spasm” and she’d “accidentally” kick him in the back of knee, causing his leg to crumple beneath him (this was funniest if he was stepping up on stage during a concert...That girl can be evil and cruel when she wants to be). All us girls found it rather amusing: Syn didn’t agree. But like we cared.

But, anyway, back to us being in the bar in El Paso.

“Someone needs to get us beer.” Zacky announced.

“I’ll go!” I exclaimed quickly. It would give me a chance to actually go somewhere outside the bus without Matt hovering over me.

After taking everyone’s orders for beer, I walked away through the crowded bar. I finally reached the long, wooden bar lined with stools and ordered the drinks. As I waited, the man on the stool beside me glanced over at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his silver eyes widen.

Great. A fan-boy.

“Jennifer Wring?” he queried. I smiled politely over at him.

“The one and only,” I answered.

“You don’t remember me, do you?” he asked with a smile of his own.

“No,” I said. “Should I?”

“I’m Nicholas Peterson, remember?” the man replied. I blinked at him. Then, suddenly, as though I’d put glasses on and my vision became clear, I recognized him.

“Nick!” I exclaimed, throwing myself into a hug. He laughed, giving me a hug back. Nicholas Peterson went to school with the girls and I. We’d been good friends with him all through middle school and high school.

“I see you’ve gotten big and famous.” he commented as we pulled away. I laughed and shrugged.

“A little, I guess,” I said modestly. “What are you doing in El Paso?”

“I have to travel for business.” Nick answered. “What about you?”

“I’m on tour,” I told him. “You should come to the concert. It’s tomorrow night. I could get you a ticket or two.”

“Nah,” Nick replied. “I’ll be out of El Paso by noon tomorrow. Thanks for offering, though. I’ll make it to one of your concerts eventually.” He paused before continuing. “How are the other girls?”

“Fine, fine,” I answered, going along with the subject change. “They’re back there somewhere.” I motioned in the general direction of our table.

“I’ve heard that you guys are dating Avenged Sevenfold now.” Nick said. I grinned.

“That we is,” I answered. “Well, Kim’s married to the bassist. But Rayne and the lead guitarist broke up a week or so ago.”

“But everyone else is going strong?”

“Um...Not really,” I replied. “Matt—the lead singer—and I aren’t really...going together like clockwork anymore. It’s just that he’s really overprotective nowadays. I feel like a little kid. I hate it. But Jimmy and Melrose and Zacky and AM seem to be going strong. And Kim and Johnny are just inseparable.”

“I’m sorry it’s not working out for you two.” Nick said apologetically. I shrugged.

“I’m sure we’ll work it out. I think it’s partly because of this stupid tour. None of us get any time apart from each other, and we’re under a lot of stress. People change when they’re stressed. I just want this tour to be over and then everything will go back to normal.” I told him.

Suddenly, a hand dropped down onto my shoulder. I looked around to see Matt standing behind me, glaring daggers at Nick. I sighed and gave Nick an apologetic look.

“I thought you were taking an awfully long time getting the beer.” Matt said, still glaring over my head at Nick. He grabbed the tray holding the bottles of beer with one hand and seized mine tightly in the other.

“See you later, Nick,” I called as Matt dragged me back towards the table. Nick waved before he disappeared as two crowds of people converged. “Matt! He’s a friend!”

“So?” Matt said as we stepped up to the booth. He put the tray smoothly down onto the table, and everyone seized a beer.

“We need to talk.” I whispered in his ear. Without another word, he pulled me towards the back exit out of the bar.

As the heavy backdoor of the bar slammed closed, Matt released my hand and turned around to face me. The light hanging above the door splashed golden light across his face, turning his skin an odd, glowing yellow color.

“You broke your promise,” I snapped. Matt’s eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. “Remember back in the bathroom of the hotel room? You promised you would let back on the protection. Well, you’re doing it even worse now.”

“Can’t you see?” he replied sharply. “I’m trying to keep you safe. You should be grateful.”

“Grateful?” I screeched, my voice rising in volume. “I can’t even get away from you! Everywhere I look, you’re hovering around me! You’re being overprotective to the extreme, and it’s starting to piss me off!”

“I love you and—” Matt began, but I cut him angrily off.

“Don’t give me that shit,” I snarled. “I don’t care how much you love me. If you truly loved me, you would just back off a little bit.”

“You don’t even understand the dangers around you, do you?” Matt half-yelled. “You obviously don’t see how some guys look at you! Especially the drunken, stupid ones! I can clearly see the hunger in their eyes, and I’m going to protect you from that!”

“Guys will have that look!” I snapped. “They won’t always do something! If they do, I think I’d be able to handle it!”

“It might be harder than you think!” Matt exclaimed. “You might not always be able to protect yourself! That’s where I come in.”

“And that’s fine,” I said, trying to calm down. “But if you do it with every guy who talks to me, then you’re overdoing it. What was that back there anyway? Nick is my friend! He wasn’t touching me, even; we were just talking!”

“I...don’t...care!” Matt yelled. “I’m going to keep protecting you, and if you don’t like it, then just learn to deal with it!”

I gasped angrily (if that’s possible...whatever I did, it sounded like a gasp, a very angry gasp). I would not learn to “deal with it”! I wanted it to stop!

“No!” I screamed. “I’m not going to ‘deal with it’! It’s pissing me the fuck off! No, I will not just learn to ‘deal with it’!”

“Too bad,” Matt snapped. “C’mon.” He seized my wrist and pulled me back towards the bar.

“No,” I growled, wrenching my wrist out of his hand. “Just stop! It’ll be better for everyone if you do!”

“Jen, stop being so stubborn!” Matt exclaimed, whirling back to face me.

I’m the stubborn one!?” I screeched. “You’re the one that won’t leave me alone!”

“Is that what you want?” Matt yelled. “Do you want to be left alone?”

I thought about that. I knew what would happen if I answered yes. Did I want that?

Yes, my mind whispered. Surprisingly, I agreed. What was the use if we just fought all the time? He’d probably leave me the hell alone if I answered yes. Yes, you want to be left alone.

“Yes,” I said, my voice calm and honest. “Yes, I would love to be left alone.”

“Fine,” Matt snapped. He spun back around and strode back into the bar.

And I was left alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has the drama slapped you in the face yet?

Well, by now it probably drop-kicked you. Sorry. ={

Comments? I know you've got 'em.