Clash Of The Rockbands

Home Again

If life were a movie, now would be the time when it plays a breakup song in the background during a montage of the actors staring out of windows on a rainy day, riding in subways, and seeing other couples kissing and hugging.

But life wasn’t a movie. No one was staring out of windows on a rainy day, riding in a subway, or seeing other couples showing off public displays of affection. Instead, the ten of us sat in a sexist room, waiting for the last concert of the tour to begin. The room was sexist because all the guys sat at one end, and all the girls sat at the other end (and I’m excluding Kim and Johnny from this, because they were still smack dab in the middle, still madly, possibly foolishly, in love).

As those Avenged Sevenfold jackasses (once again, excluding Johnny because he hasn’t broken Kim’s heart) left to do their concert, I decided to reflect back on what we accomplished during this damned tour. Inside my head, I made a list, and if I wrote it down, it might look something like this:

Accomplishments on Damned Tour

1. Learned that two full-grown people CAN fit into one bunk bed
2. Figured out how fun it is to make Syn’s leg crumple beneath him
3. Met Felix, Daphne’s new boytoy (he just doesn’t know it yet) and actually liked him
4. Learned what qualifies as a “bad-ass hotel”
5. Learned that Kim and Johnny will lead a bassist army against all lead guitarists (and I wish them the best of luck)
6. Decided that Kim has the weirdest dreams possible
7. SUCCEEDED IN POSSIBLY FUCKING UP MY HAPPINESS FOR A VERY LONG TIME WHEN I MADE THE DECISION TO BREAK UP WITH JAMES

Ah well. I can’t start regretting that last one now. My decision is made; I have to stick with it. Whatever.

Thinking up my list took longer than I thought it would. By the time I was finished, it was ready for The Better Halves to go on stage. We all rose to our feet and headed out of the room to step on stage after Avenged Sevenfold for possibly the last time...ever.

“Oh, look, it’s the bitch and her merry band of skanks,” Syn announced as we stepped up on stage. Rayne took the microphone from Matt.

“Shut the fuck up, you drunk whore.” she retorted scathingly. Syn flipped her the bird before stepping towards the staircase leading off of the stage. As he walked past me, I slammed my foot towards the back of his knee. He unexpectedly spun around and grabbed my foot. Before I could do anything, he pulled my leg up. My other foot flew out from beneath me, and I landed flat on my back.

“Bastard,” I seethed as I scrambled to my feet again. He just smirked at me before stepping off stage. Still fuming, I stepped up onto the podium my drum set sat on.


**********

“If you’ll look to your left and right, you’ll see that we have now entered Huntington Beach, home of Avenged Sevenfold and current residence of The Better Halves,” Jasonberry announced in his best tour guide voice. We all rushed towards the windows, fighting for the first glance of home. Kim shoved past all of us, forcing her way to the window. She quickly opened the window, and a warm late-spring breeze blew in our faces. It smelled of the ocean, sand, and home.

A few minutes later, Jasonberry pulled up to our mansion. We all hugged Kim before picking up our bags and walking towards the front of the bus.

“Hugs!” Mattberry exclaimed excitedly. He wrapped his arms tightly around Jen before she could go anywhere. She laughed and patted his back. The four of us quickly hugged Jasonberry and Mattberry before rushing off of the bus with squeals of delight. We all hurried up to the door as the bus drove away, waiting impatiently for Rayne to get her house key out and unlock the door.

Once she unlocked and opened the door, we all tried to get through the door at once. After much struggling, we all stumbled through the door into the familiar parlor. Barely taking a moment to soak in our surroundings, we rushed up the curling staircases and into our separate rooms.

Upon entering my room, I shrieked with delight and sprinted over to my bed. I dove beneath the familiar scarlet covers, letting their lavender smell filter into my nostrils. I emerged from under the covers and looked around at the mirror above my dresser. I laughed at myself. My hair stuck straight up in some places from the static of being under the covers. I scrambled off of my recently rumpled bed, smoothing my hair down.

I ran out of my room at the exact same time everyone else did. We all mirrored the same gleeful expression. None of us had been very happy lately, not with being around our stupid ex-boyfriends. But that unhappiness went away for a little bit because of our glee from being home.

In one thundering herd, we rushed back down the stairs before separating towards different rooms.

“DISHWASHER!” I heard Rayne shriek from the kitchen. I laughed from where I stood in the living room.

“MEMORABILIA!” AM screamed from the room where we kept our records and stuff like that.

“COUCH!” Jen yelled, sprinting into the room. She dove onto the couch, bouncing up a little bit. I laughed again before jumping onto the couch on top of her.

“CCCOOOOUUUCCCHHHHH!” AM bellowed as she leaped on top of me on top of Jen.

“GERONIMO!” Rayne exclaimed as she ran in as well.

“No!” Jen yelled as Rayne sat down on top of all of us. “I can’t breathe!” We all laughed before taking pity on the redhead and climbing off of her. She lay on the couch, gulping in air melodramatically.

“Let’s swim!” AM suggested.

“Yes!” we all agreed. Then, we rushed off to get in our bathing suits.

Perhaps things would be more normal than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you just want to kill Syn?....
....I just want to kill Syn.

And I'm sorry I broke everyone up...But it made for a good plot twist, I thought. Stories can't always be all rainbows and unicorns.

Comments?