Clash Of The Rockbands

Epilogue

Two Years Later

“Mommy, is it cake time?” Joseph asked Kim, his chocolate eyes wide. She smiled and nodded. His eyes lit up before he pressed his hands against the arms of his chair and lifted himself up, trying to look over our heads for any sign of the cake.

“Daddy’s bringing it,” Kim told him.

“Where’s Daddy?” Joseph asked, pouting adorably.

“Right here, little man,” Johnny announced, appearing practically out of nowhere to set the cake down in front of the boy. Joseph’s eyes lit up again as he clapped his hands excitedly. That poor kid hung around us way too much. A big sugar 3 sat in the middle of the circular cake, surrounded by three candles.

Matt cleared his throat and raised his arms like he was about to conduct an orchestra. Jen rolled her eyes as Matt swept his arms down.

“Happy birthday to you!” we all belted out. “Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Joseph! Happy birthday to you!”

Joseph sucked in a lungful of air before attempting to blow out the candles. He beamed as the candles supposedly blew out, but instantly reignited. He frowned and blew them out again. When they reignited again, he plain scowled, seized one of the candles, and chucked it.

Syn caught it before stepping over to where Joseph sat scowling at the candles. Making sure that Joseph was watching, he licked his forefinger and squeezed the wick of the candle between his forefinger and thumb. This time, the candle stayed unlit. Joseph’s eyes lit up again as he licked his finger and put the two remaining candles out.

Syn smiled triumphantly before straightening up and walking back to a pregnant Rayne. She was five months along, and she was pretty big. They were expecting twins, and Rayne was really excited. She wanted a big family with lots of crazy little kids running around. Syn was excited too, because apparently he wanted to be a dad really bad. Syn stepped behind her, and she leaned back into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, resting his hands on her bulging stomach. She rested her hands over his and watched as Kim plucked the candles out of the cake.

Joseph instantly seized the two candles to lick the navy blue frosting off. He handed them back to Kim with an innocent smile. She leaned down and pressed a kiss to his forehead before disappearing into the kitchen to get a knife. I took the time to admire my engagement ring again. It had a pear-shaped diamond in the middle, and two small heart-shaped diamonds framed the middle one. I thought back to when James proposed.

Avenged Sevenfold had gone on a seven month tour a month or so after James had given me the promise ring—which now resided on the ring finger of my right hand. I hated those seven months, honestly. James and I talked on the phone when we could, but he was usually pretty busy so we couldn’t talk for very long. I missed him a lot. I couldn’t wait for him to get back home.

One night near the end of the tour, I woke up when I heard my bedroom door open. Instantly thinking the worse, I shot up into a sitting position and seized my phone off of the end table. I snapped it open and faced it towards the door. Its blue luminescence shined on the tall, lanky figure of James. I relaxed as he stepped forward.

Then, my groggy brain realized that James was home. JAMES WAS HOME. Of course, I shrieked and launched off the bed at him. He laughed, wrapping his arms around me as I wrapped my legs and arms tightly around him. After much hugging and kissing, James somehow peeled me away from him long enough to descend to one knee.

He pulled a ring out of his back pocket and held it up towards me. And there, in the darkness, he proposed. I instantly exclaimed yes and hurtled back into his arms.

A loud shriek of laughter broke me from my thoughts. I looked over to see Daisy May, Zacky and AM’s two-month-old daughter, laughing as Zacky tickled her. She waved her little arms, somehow clocking him right on the jaw with a fist. AM burst into laughter as Zacky pulled away, looking shocked. Daisy May laughed harder, looking adorable as ever. AM picked her up and pressed a kiss to Daisy May’s smooth forehead. Daisy May smiled happily. She had AM’s hazel eyes, but Zacky’s jet black hair. We all knew she would grow up to be a gorgeous girl. Zacky already had guitar lessons planned out for her (the poor girl, honestly).

Only Jen and Matt and James and I remained unmarried. Matt hadn’t proposed to Jen yet, but I knew he would eventually. I think she knew that too. James and I decided to have a nice, long engagement. We were taking our time planning the wedding. I think we just wanted to spend as much time as possible with each other for the moment. The wedding would come eventually, but for now it could wait.

Kim began to cut the cake. James’s arm wrapped around my shoulders, dragging me against his side. I curled my arm back around his waist, resting my head against him. He dropped a kiss on my head, entwining his fingers with mine that were connected to the arm wrapped around his waist.

Life was perfect. It would remain that way as long as these people were still in my life. So, I was pretty much guaranteed a life of perfection.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, you gotta love happy endings.

I know I do.

I would like to thank all my faithful subscribers/readers who took the time to read my silly little story and even comment on it. I really appreciate your dedication to my fickle little ideas. Thanks a lot for reading this story, and I hope you found it as entertaining as I did.

Heart,
Audrey =}