Risen Manifest

Act 4: Love Is As Strong As Death

Act 4: Love Is As Strong As Death

Scene 1
King sits up quickly in Trista’s bed. Trista is leaning against the same wall that King was earlier.

King: What happened to me?

Trista: You fell out….after hearing that name. Who the hell is he?

King lowers his head.

King: He’s the man who ordered me to kill my mother.

Trista’s jaw drops then she freezes.

Trista: Wha…What did you say?

King: The only person I ever killed was my mother.

Trista still looks shocked.

King: He was my and UG’s boss. He ordered me to kill a woman, but he never told me anything about her. So I did it not knowing who she was till she was already dead.

Trista: I had no idea.

King: I can’t do anything to fix what I’ve done. I’ll live with the guilt for the rest of my life. All I’m able to do is try to rid the world of criminals and hope they can somehow change their ways in the future.

Trista: At the age of ten I saw my parents’ lifeless bodies lying on my living room floor.

King lifts his head up.

Trista: For many years I searched for the man that killed them. Then I finally found him and was prepared to kill him, but I ended up being too much of a coward. For sparing his life he gave me the name of the man who paid him to kill my parents. That’s why I’m searching for Seth Dracul.

King: I think you’re a strong girl.

Trista looks slowly at King. King looks back at Trista.

King: But I think it was a good thing you didn’t kill that guy. Evil people shouldn’t be killed; they should be given a second chance to change.

Trista: You look at things in a strange way.

UG runs in the doorway. Trista and King look at him.

UG: Phoenix is going to make a deal with a man in an hour and I know the location.

King eyes are even wider than before.

UG: This may be our only opportunity to find out where Seth is.

Scene 2

John Phoenix walks into a dark alley. He looked around and then looks at his watch. He hears something.

John Phoenix: Is that you Alfred?

Trista walks out from the shadows with a gun in her hand.

Trista: Alfred won’t be able to make it.

John Phoenix smirks. Then UG walks out from the shadows.

John Phoenix: UG.

Then King steps out from the shadows. John Phoenix looks shocked.

John Phoenix: King…. I guess yall are here to kill me huh?

Trista: All we want is information. If you give us that then you’ll live. Isn’t that reasonable?

John Phoenix: Sure.

Trista: What connection do you have with Seth Dracul?

John Phoenix: My only job is to keep him out of jail. If there is any evidence against him I get rid of it. Before you ask your next question I have one for you.

Trista: What is it?

John Phoenix: Not you. I mean King.

King stares at John Phoenix.

John Phoenix: Why are you here? She said that yall aren’t here to kill me, but I find that hard to believe seeing you here.

King: I’m just a vigilante.

John Phoenix laughs.

John Phoenix: That’s not surprising at all coming from you.

King: I erased you from my mind and I tried to create a new life for myself, but it seemed that fate has brought me back to you. What do you think the reason for that is?

John Phoenix hands are shaking.

Trista: I have one last important question for you. Where is Seth Dracul?

John Phoenix: I’ll be killed if I tell ya that.

Trista: You’ll be killed here instead. So pick one.

(Pause) John Phoenix takes out a pen and paper slowly. Then he walks to the brick wall and writes down something on the paper. He walks to Trista.

John Phoenix: This is the address of Dracul’s organization. He’s always there. The address is real. You tracked me down once and I know you can do it again easily.

Trista takes the paper. John Phoenix walks back.

John Phoenix: Now can I leave?

Trista puts the piece of paper in her pocket.

Trista: I think I changed my mind. The world will be much better without you. (Trista puts her gun to her heart)

Trista puts her gun up.

John Phoenix: Please don’t.

John Phoenix falls to his knees and puts his hands together.

John Phoenix: Please I can’t die right now.

John Phoenix looks frightened. King and UG look on shocked.

UG: That’s enough Trista. This scum isn’t worth killing let’s go home.

Trista: This bastard works for Seth and anybody that works for him is as bad as he is.

John Phoenix: Please don’t kill me. (Yells)

Trista: Bye.

John Phoenix gets shot in his head and fall back.

UG looks shocked. Trista still has her gun up. King also has his gun up with smoke coming from its barrel. Trista looks back at King.

UG: King you…

King lowers his gun.

Trista: What the hell did you do that for...? I was gonna kill him.

King up walks to Trista.

King: I don’t ever want to see you kill a human being.

Trista: You know I’m gonna kill Seth right?

King stares at Trista. King turns around and walks away.

King: Let’s go.

Trista stands there for a few seconds, and then she follows him.

Scene 3

King is sitting on the couch crouched over. Trista walks into the house. She looks at King.

Trista: Where’s UG?

King: He’s getting ready to leave.

Trista: Huh?

UG walks up to Trista.

UG: It was really nice to have met you Trista.

UG looks at King.

UG: It was also nice to have seen you again King. My work here is done. You already have the address to find Seth so there is nothing left for me to do.

UG walks towards the door. Trista walks to UG.

Trista: Wait!

UG stops and turns around.

Trista: We haven’t given you your money yet.

UG: That’s alright. I don’t think I deserve money for doing this job. It was more of an obligation to King for me. After all that has happened, there is no way I can accept money from you. Thank you.

UG turns around and walks out of the door. (Pause)

Trista: Tell me something King…. Ever sense I met you I never saw you have bullets in your gun. But today you did. Why’s that?

King: (King gets up and walks to Trista) after all of this time you still don’t get it do you? A person’s life has value on it. It doesn’t matter if you’re a saint or a piece of shit like Phoenix. I killed him because you still don’t understand that. It was worth breaking my oath to not kill again to give you another chance to recognize that. It’s already too late for me but you still have a chance to keep your hands clean from murder.

King stares right into her eyes. Trista stares back at King with an angry expression on her face.

King: We’ll rest tonight, but tomorrow morning we’ll see Seth and finally end this shit.

King walks away from Trista.

King: Goodnight.

King walks to Rinji’s room door and leans his shoulder against entrance. Rinji is sitting on his bed.

Rinji: Don’t be so hard on Trista.

King looks down.

Rinji: Ya know…every night she cries herself to sleep thinking about her parents.

King looks up at Rinji with a surprised look on his face.

Rinji: But I noticed ever since you came she hasn’t cried at all.

King stares at Rinji.

Rinji: What could be the reason for that?

King looks to his side.

Rinji: Get good rest, because tomorrow we’ll finally see Seth and hopefully we can end the pain in Trista’s heart.

King slowly walks away from Rinji’s room with a determined look on his face.

Scene 4

In the morning King and Trista are outside of Rinji’s house walking away from it. Rinji runs outside.

Rinji: Hold on!

King and Trista stop and turn around.

Rinji: I’m going with you.

Trista: There’s no way I’m letting you…

Rinji: (Cutting off Trista) I’ve sat and watched you slowly destroy yourself with your plan of revenge for years. I couldn’t save you from it. So the least I can do is see you through it. The only way you can stop me from going is to kill me.

Trista angrily stares at Rinji.

King: It’s alright. I won’t let any harm come to Rinji. I put my life on it.

Rinji: Let’s go.

King and Rinji starts to walk.

Trista: Damn it.

Trista follows.

The three of them are walking through a street with no one there. They see a man about 20 yards away from them. They stop. The man starts walking towards them.

(Seth Dracul is a well know crime lord. He has never been convicted of a single crime.)

The man is now 10 yards from them. He stops. The man is dressed in a suit.

Seth Dracul: It’s nice to finally meet you two, King and Trista.

King and Trista looks shocked.

Trista: Ya…you’re Seth Dracul.

Seth Dracul smiles.

Seth Dracul: In the flesh.

King and Trista quickly pull out their guns and point them at Seth Dracul.

Seth Dracul: So you two are the kids who have been trying to track me down. I should be honored to have the famous King trying to take me out.

They continue to have their guns pointed at Seth Dracul.

Seth Dracul: And Trista, you’ve grown so much. You look just like your mother.

Trista clenches her teeth.

Trista: (yells) don’t you speak of my mother again, especially after what you’ve done.

Seth Dracul: You mean that tragic day I got rid of your precious mother and that bastard Makoto. That’s what the two of them deserves after taking what was rightfully mine.

Rinji: Don’t.

Trista looks at Rinji. Then she looks back at Seth.

Trista: What the hell are you talking about?

Seth Dracul: I was young and stupid and I let myself fall in love with that damn Elena.

Trista: What?

Seth Dracul: Way before Makoto came in the picture me and Elena were lovers.

Trista’s eyes blows rise in terror and shock.

Trista: You’re lying.

Seth Dracul: Then she up and leaves me when she finds out she’s pregnant. That bitch disappeared off of the face of the earth because she said that I would bring danger to the baby.

Trista is frozen. King now looks shocked.

Rinji: Stop right there, no more.

Seth Dracul: No she deserves to hear the rest. I had all the money in the world and she left me to be with some poor police officer. I hated her for taking my child. That idiot Makoto agreed to pose as your father.

King lowers his gun. Trista still has her gun up but she looks frightened.

Seth Dracul: After years of trying to find her I finally found her. Makoto’s partner was already a known criminal. So getting the job done was very easily. I told him to kill Makoto, Elena ….and you.

Trista hands starts to shake.

Seth Dracul: I hated Elena for taking away what was mine, Makoto for trying to take my place, and you for reminding me of my past mistakes.

King walks over to Trista and puts his hand on hers and lowers her gun. Trista looks down.

Seth Dracul: Jude could not even finish the job. He was impossible to track down. That’s where you came in.

Trista looks up at Seth Dracul.

Seth Dracul: I had men follow your trail on him. After you failed to kill him I had his entire family killed for his incompetents.

Trista: He had a son.

Seth Dracul: And you King.

King looks at Seth Dracul furiously.

Seth Dracul: Phoenix told me you were going to try to incriminate me soon. So I told him to basically have you killed. He told me that it was impossible to kill you. So I told him to have you do something so horrible that you would want to kill yourself.

King drops his gun.

King: You didn’t.

Seth Dracul smiles.

Seth Dracul: What worse of an act can someone commit besides killing their own mother?

King stands there not able to move.

Seth Dracul: Unfortunately that plan backfired. And it leaves us to now.

About twenty men come from behind corners wearing suits with machine guns pointing them at King, Trista and Rinji.

Seth Dracul: I don’t have any use for any of you anymore. So I guess you two will finally get to see your parents again. Goodbye.

Seth Dracul turns around.

Seth Dracul: Kill them all.

Seth Dracul walks away. The men cock their guns. They start shooting. Trista run behind a barrel. Rinji tries to run. Then King tackles him down and gets shot in his side. They continue to shoot for about ten seconds. Once they no longer hear any movement they leave. Trista stands up from behind the barrel. King and Rinji stands up. King’s shirt’s side becomes red.

Rinji: You’re shot.

King: I told you I wouldn’t let you die.

They walk to Trista. They stare at Trista.

Rinji: Don’t move King. I’ll go home and get some bandages.

Rinji turns around and starts running and then he stops.

Rinji: Makoto made me swear to never tell you about Seth. He said he didn’t care about the past. All he knew now was that he was your father and that’s all that mattered. I’m so sorry.

Rinji runs home.

King: (Pause) what’s next?

Trista drops to her knees.

Trista: King, I can’t do it. Seth deserves to die for all he’s done, but…I can’t kill my father. (Tears go down her face.)

King walks to Trista and kneels down in front of her. He wipes a tear from her face.

King: Then I’ll kill him for you.

King stares into Trista’s eyes. She stares back at King with her eyes still watery.

Trista: Why would you do that for me?

King is still staring into Trista’s eyes. King stands up and looks to the sky. Trista looks up at him.

King: Because I love you.

Another tear goes down Trista face while she in looking up at King. King bends over and grabs her hand and pulls her up. Then King digs into his pocket and takes out his ring. He turns her hand over and lays the ring in her hand.

King: I want you to hold this for me until I come back. After I come back I don’t ever want to kill again. I want to take you away from all this….

Trista kisses King without warning.

Trista watches King walk away from her while she grasps the ring with both of her hands.

Scene 5
King is walking up to a huge building. King walks to a door with chains on it and he pulls the door open and easily breaks to chains. King is walks up the stairs slowly with a limp. King walks through a door and when he opens it he sees the guys in suits with machine guns from earlier. They are all in a straight line across. The room has glass windows on each side.

Guy#1: You may have gotten past us earlier but it ends here.

King runs to the far left end to the line. They start shooting. Then King runs across the entire line till he is at the right far end. The shooting stopped when King started to run across them.

King: I really hate guns.

All of the men’s guns fall apart in their hands.

Guy#1: Huh?

Guy#2: What the hell?

Guy#1: Let’s get him.

They all run at King. King fights each guy one at a time breaking their bones and throwing them out of the glass windows. King uppercuts the last guy so hard that his head hits the ceiling. King walks to the door on the opposite side of the room the he came in from. Blood drains down King’s side. King opens the door and sees Seth Dracul standing behind his desk.

Seth Dracul: If you somehow survive me there are fifty more men on the way.

King stumbles. Seth Dracul laughs.

Seth Dracul: This won’t last long.

Seth Dracul steps out from behind his desk.

Seth Dracul: Many people don’t know this but I’m an expert martial artist. And I never lost a single fight in my life. You at your peak my be able to defeat me, but at your weaken state you won’t last….

(Before Seth Dracul finishes his statement) King balls up his fist and clenches his teeth. Seth Dracul looks at King with a surprised look on his face. King quickly runs to Seth Dracul and pulls back his fist then starts to punch Seth Dracul rapidly with both fists. Seth Dracul’s head goes side to side. King steps forward when he punches and Seth Dracul steps back. Then King pulls back on his right fist and punches Seth Dracul in the face again sending him back flipping over to the other side of his desk. King stumbles. King vision gets blurry. King hears a gun shot. King touches his chest and looks at his hand and there’s blood on it. King looks up and sees Seth Dracul standing behind his desk with his gun pointing at King. King tries to take a step forward but Seth Dracul shots him once more time in his chest. King looks back up at Seth Dracul and is about to try to take another step. Then Seth Dracul smirks and he shoots King in the head. King falls on his back. King body is lying on the floor. King’s eyes close slowly. Seth Dracul steps from behind his desk.

Seth Dracul: Now that you’re dead, I’ll have Rinji and Trista killed before the sun goes down.

Seth Dracul puts his gun on his desk. King’s hands start to have a red steam come from them. Seth Dracul looks at King confused. King’s D tattoo burns his shirt sleeve up and the tattoo turns red. King’s eyes open, but now they are red. King slowly gets up.

Seth Dracul: Impossible.

Seth Dracul looks frightened. King starts walking towards Seth Dracul. Seth Dracul picks up his gun and shoots at King three times but each bullet burns up before they can hit King. Seth Dracul shoots at King’s head and as the bullet hits King’s head it burns up as it touches his skin.

Seth Dracul: You can’t be human.

King is now right in front of Seth Dracul and he stops. King pulls his hands up, spreads his fingers apart and puts his fingers tips on Seth Dracul’s temple. Seth Dracul’s eyes get bigger. Then red orbs of energy leave King’s hands into Seth Dracul’s skull. Seth Dracul’s eyes turn red. His mouth starts to shake. Seth Dracul looks around and he sees red everywhere. He sees a lake of lava. He doesn’t see King anymore. The place is dark. He hears screams in the distance. King walks away from Seth Dracul slowly. Seth Dracul sees a person in the distance. The person has a black robe. Seth Dracul’s entire body begins to shake. The person in the black robe slowly looks up at Seth Dracul. Seth Dracul screams. King is still walking away. Seth Dracul pulls his gun out and puts it to his chin. While King is walking away he hears a gunshot. King stops. Seth Dracul’s dead body is lying over his desk. Then King starts to walk again and smiles.

There are fifty men outside in suits with machine guns in front of the building. King walks through the front door with a red circular ora around his body. The men look at King surprised. King continues to walk to the men. They begin to make a way for King to walk through them because they’re afraid of what they see. King walks without noticing them at all. King walks through all of them through the passage they made for him.

Scene 6
Trista is standing at the same stop King left her at looking worried. The sun is shining bright. She sees King far away walking slowly to her. Trista smiles. Trista looks down and puts both of her hands on her heart.

The End.