My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me

Don't Be Gone

"Baby, don't leave me alone. Please, I'm begging you." My Husband, Zack wailed while he held my hand crying.

I laid in my hospital bed, knowing that the end was near for me and there was nothing I could say to him but I love you. He sat by my hospital bed with his head rested on my stomach and his hand laced with mine. He had to let me go because I couldn't hold on anymore. All of my friends and their girlfriends were there in the room crying to.

"I love you. Please hang on for me, please." Zacky continued to whisper and cry. I cracked open my tired eyes and looked at my love weakly.

"I love you..." I said, stalely.

"Promise me you'll fight this. I need you, baby. I need you."

"I'll try, Zack." I whispered.

"Promise me please. You have to. You're my life and you can't leave me alone. I don't want to be fucking stuck on this earth without you." He cried louder.

"I promise. I'm just going to rest and when I wake up, can you sing to me?" I yawned as I closed my eyes.

"I swear. Just don't leave me." Zack cried, while he kissed my hand.

I slowly fell asleep.

***Zacky's P.O.V.***

I watched her sleep and recorded her every breath in my heart. Loosing her was not an option. I cherished every moment with her and hoped for a future of more. I hadn't ate or slept and not once had I even thought about moving away from her side. I held her hand tightly but her grip was loosening. Her chest rose and she let out a drawn out, weary breath. A beeping noise was all that buzzed in my mind. I could no longer hear her voice, just beeping and the sight of a flat line on a screen. Doctors rushed in and I moved not one bit.

"Sir, she didn't make it." Dr. Smith said as he looked at her lifeless body with sorrow.

I kept my mouth shout and let my eye swell with tears. I was to weak to stand up but I moved closer to her and rested my head on her chest.

"You promised me. You left me and I am nothing now. YOU FUCKING LEFT ME. Just please wake up." I screamed as tears exploded from my eyes. I heard the screams and wails from all of our friends but none were as loud as me.

"Sir, we're sorry but you must leave now. We need to immediately send her body to the morgue." The doctor called as my friends tried to pull me away, but I broke free.

"No! I'm not leaving her. She left me but I won't leave her!" I screamed.

"Zack, you have to let her go. We all do." Matt said as he tried to stay strong.

"I just watched her fucking die on me and you want me to let that go?"

"Remove him from this hospital now." Dr. Smith's voice boomed through the air of tears.

At that command, all my friends were pulling me out of the room. It was over. She made a promise she wasn't strong enough to keep.

***REGULAR***

I was freezing and laying on top of a cold metal surface, with an uncomfortable blue blanket on top of my body. I felt so weak but I didn't know why. I fully opened my eyes and saw a man with a knife standing over me. In fear, I screamed. The man dropped his knife and did a scream of his own.

"You aren't suppose to be alive!" He yelled.

"Who are you? What the fuck are you talking about, Mister?" I said scared and confused.

"Your, Your DEAD!"

"I am fucking not! You better get away from me with those knives! Why am I naked? Are you trying to rape and murder me?" I said in horror.

"Okay, Leroy! Snap out of it man! This is what you get for tripping on acid before work. You're seeing things again! That's it! Your mind is playing tricks on you." The scary man yelled at himself, while he slapped his face repeatedly.

"Mister, I'm calling the cops." I stood up and fell to the floor immediately. My legs felt like jello. The guy leaned forward to touch me.

"Hands off creep!" I said as I smacked his hands off.

"You have to fucking go away! If you aren't dead I can get fired and I have to have this job to pay for my stash." He said as he held his hand over my mouth. He released me and threw an ugly hospital dress at me.

I got dressed in it and walked out the building. I had an annoying tag on my big toe but I was to weak to bend down and take it off. I had no clue where I was or who I was suppose to be. I knew my name and that was it. I guess I'll make a new start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Thank you.