My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me

Familar

I found refuge in a homeless shelter and called it my home for a couple of days before I decided I needed better food than the kind I was being served. With no money, I went to a familiar looking store that sold food, and grabbed a cart. I couldn't remember what foods I liked so I randomly grabbed what I saw. I went down a isle of potato chips and went to grab the last bag of 'Flamin' Hot Cheetos,' but my efforts were met up with another hand reaching for the same thing.

"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am." A man with tattoos and a tremendously sad face said. "Here you can have it." His green eyes met mine.

"Really? Thanks man." I replied as I snatched the bag.

The man's face went white and he looked at me like I had a third eye or like I had risen from the dead.

"Okay, mister I'm not that damn unattractive!" I shouted.

The man put his hand on his heart and fell back a little before walking closer to me. He placed one of his hands on my cheek and a tear ran down his eye.

"Um are you like insane in the brain or some shit because I don't know you and you're like all on me." I said rudely, trying to get my face away from his hand.

"You do know me! Baby, is it really you?" He asked.

"Um NO! And do I even really know you dude?"

"You still have your ring on!" He shouted. "It's really you!"

"Oooo okay! I have a ring on, what's the big fucking deal here, bud because you're a freak."

"But you're my wif-" He shook his head 'no' and then put his head on a shelf.

"Zack, get a fucking hold of yourself! She's never fucking coming back, okay!" He said to himself.

"Okay then....I'm just going to leave." I said backing away. The man, who I was then assuming to be named Zack, walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

"Listen Miss, I'm terribly sorry for troubling you like that. It's just that my wife died last week and you look so much like her."

"That's tough stuff. Well I'm going to leave so try not to scare anyone else." I continued to back away as I watched more tears roll down Zack's face. As I was walking backwards I was stopped by a strong chest.

"Hey Zacky! What type of beer should I get?" The guy yelled while holding up two different cases of beer. I turned around to face the high pitched voice that was yelling by my ear.

"Watch who you're fucking walking into, fuck face!" I yelled. The guy dropped the beer and gawked at me with his finger pointed. He grabbed me into a tight hug.

"It's YOU! Oh, Laney, you're fucking alive! Zack, She's alive!" He yelled at Zack. Zack looked up and wiped his remaining tears.

"What the fuck is wrong with you people and how did you know my name? Get off of me!" I screamed.

"Lanz, It's Brian. Don't you know who I am?"

"NO! I don't know who you are. I don't know who fucking crybaby over there is and I don't want to know. Now leave me alone and stop saying I'm alive because I think I would know that."

"Let her go, Brian. It's not her." Zack said weakly before walking out the store.

Brian let go of me but remained staring at me. It slightly felt like I knew him but I knew I didn't. I felt unsafe and scared.

"Lanz." He whispered.

"Ew! It's fucking Laney not Lanz." I replied. He grabbed me into another hug.

"I knew it had to be you! Only you would call me a fuck face and not want to be called Lanz. Wait, how are you alive? I went to your funeral!"

"Um okay pal. I woke up the other day, naked with a guy standing over me about to cut me up!" I replied.

"You were in a morgue! You really did die and now you're back! You have to come with me!" Brian shrieked.

"I wasn't fucking dead okay! If I here that one more time I'm going to loose it. Go where with you? I don't even know you!" I yelled.

"I'm one of your best friends and that man you called a crybaby is you husband that's mourning because you die-. Listen, please come with me. I'm not a rapist or murderer or anything fucked up like that, I SWEAR."

"Well I could use some friends and it's not like I have anywhere better to be." I said apprehensively.

Brian smirked and took me out to his car and we soon drove into a familar looking neighborhood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please. Thanks for reading!

Poor Zacky! :'(