My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me

Electric Feel

The car came to a stop and the man named Brian gazed at me in awe.

"I feel like I'm going to cry right now, I'm so shocked." He said in a whisper of disbelief.

"Then cry." I said as I shrugged and picked at my nails. "So are you going to tell me where I am?"

"Well, we're in YOUR driveway at YOUR house so you can see the 'crybaby,' who happens to be YOUR husband."

"Oh Jesus, not him again..."

Brian then looked at me and shook his head. He stepped out the car and walked around to the passengers side to open my door for me.

I hesitantly followed him to the front door as he rang the doorbell. Then sad man named Zack opened the door and jumped when he saw me.

"Brian, WHAT. THE. FUCK. Are you crazy?" He shouted as he pointed at me.

"Dude, it's her I know for a fact it is. Somethings just wrong with her and she has shit for brains and can't remember anything!" Brian replied.

"Wow, you could act like I'm not her."

Brian glanced at me and brushed my words off in a hurry.

"Dude, take her in and show her around the house. She's got to remember something, For Christ's sake she's known you and us her whole life."

"Syn, what if we're just dreaming this and I get my hopes up and wake up and she's not here."

Brian leaned in and slapped Zack hard in the face, causing me to giggled.

"You felt that, huh?" Brian said as he smirked at Zack, who held his hand on his cheek.

"YES, YOU FUCKING IDIOT. I FUCKING FELT THAT."

With that being said Brian....Or Syn, pushed me into the house with Zack and shut the door.

"Is Syn his name or is Brian his name?"

"His name is uh Brian but we're in a band...Avenged Sevenfold? Ring a bell?" I shook my head as confusion took ahold of me. "Well Synyster Gates is his stage name, I guess you could say." Zack said as he motioned for me to sit on the couch with him.

"Why is your whole body shaking like that?" I questioned, while I placed my hand on his to calm him. But that only made his shaking worse.

He tried to look up and me but his head fell back down and He started to cry. He stood up and tried to recover himself.

"What's with the tears, Zack?"

"You remember my name?" He said with excitement.

"Yeah, totally. Brian told me your name."

"Oh...But you remembered his?"

"No, He's a weird fellow though. He says that you and I are married but I think if we were I'd remember something like that."

"We are..." The way he whispered those words, seemed like he was defeated. "Or were."

"Well...If we are or were or whatever....I need proof!"

A gentle but weary smile was brought to his lips. He motioned for me to follow him and up the stairs we went.

We walked into a bedroom that look as if it were paused in time.

"I haven't slept in here or walked in here since they told me you were dead."

I examined the room, picking up picture frames and seeing photos of he and I together. We looked like the happiest people on the earth.

"They?"

"Yeah, well the doctors being they. You got extremely ill and I stayed with you and never left your hospital bed until I was forced to...And that was the day they told me you were dead."

"You must really love me..." I whispered as I traced a picture of the two of us with my index finger. It was a picture of us kissing on what looked like our wedding.

"Yes, more than anything in this world."

At that instant a black dog jumped up against me and barked. It was to familiar to ignore.

"ICHABOD!" I shouted as I knelt to pick him up. He licked my face and wagged his tail. Zack stood there in shock.

I gently put Ichabod down and walked into the closet.

"You remembered Ichabod!" He said as he followed me into the closet dumbfounded.

I looked at the side of the closet that had women's clothes.

"These must be mine..." I said as I examined.

"Please try hard to remember me, babe. Please."

I tried. I thought my hardest. But still, no Zack resurfaced in my mind.

"I'm sorry...I just can't remember you."

He laced our fingers, causing what felt like an electric shock through my body.

"Whoa."

He turned around and looked at me as we walked out of the bedroom.

"This must be what it feels like to be in love with someone." I replied.

He smiled and continued to take me down the hall.

"I hope you can remember this." He said as he opened a door.

Behind the door was a little room with a babies crib and tons of things for a baby boy. I fell to my knees and cried.

"What happened to my baby?" I remember that I must have been pregnant when I was sick. "Where is he, Zack?"

Zack looked at me with pity in his eyes and knelt down beside me as he wrapped his tattooed arms around me.

"You weren't the only one I lost that day."
♠ ♠ ♠
R.I.P. Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan.