One More Night Is All We Need

No

"Oh."

"My."

"God!"

I smiled to the front of the crowd of our friends. Their jaws dropped one by one as the syllables came out that I was pregnant. Er, I'm still getting used to that phrase. It's not something that you get used to immediately.

"Oh, my God! Your eggo is preggo!!!" Tina squealed.

I continued to smile. I really didn't ave anything else to say about the situation.

John coiled his arms around my waist then kissed my collar bone. He sighed, "So, how should we celebrate?"

I chuckled, "Something without alcohol, if you don't mind."

Just as I said that, everyone started to pout except for me and Tina.

I rolled my eyes, "John, unless you want your baby to be deformed, no beer."

"You make a forceful argument, my dear," he kissed my cheek. "No alcohol, guys."

Garrett, Pat, Kennedy, Peter, and Jared still pouted.

"For the baby?" John said hopefully.

I smiled at his choice of words.

Garrett rolled his eyes then sighed, "Fine. But only for Mini-Nicko."

I raised my eyebrows, "Who said the baby was going to be named after you?"

"Yeah, it could be named after me!" Pat cheered while throwing his hands up in the air.

"It will not be a cupcake lover." Garrett stuck his tongue out at Pat.

"Any ideas for what the name is, Deee?" Tina finally said.

I shrugged, "Still thinking about it."

"And the God-mother...?" She leaned closer to me with batting eyelashes.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "You didn't need the bribery. Yes, Tina, you are the God-Mother."

"YES!" She tackled me in a bone-crushing hug. "Have I mentioned that I love you today?"

"Not that I know of," I choked out. "And I won't be able to return the love if you don't stop choking me!"

"Sorry! Sorry! Is baby O'Callaghan alright?" She put her hands on my stomach then smiled. "So when can I feel my God-Daughter or God-Son kick in his or her mommy's belly?" She rocked back and forth on her tip toes with a dazed smile on her face.

I shrugged, "I'm only like one month along. You won't be feeling anything for a while."

John sat down on the free chair. I followed after him and sat on his lap. He smiled while simultaneously playing while the stray strands of my hair. I giggled.

Kennedy stood up and stretched, "Well, I am going to... do something. John, can I talk to you for a second?"

John looked to him then to me. He kissed me softly on the lips. He whispered, "I'll be back in a few, ohkay?"

I smiled slightly, "John, I'm not that fragile just yet."

He smiled. I got off his lap, and he walked over to the kitchen with Kennedy. Kennedy gave a look to the others that said they needed to be there for what he said, too.

Tina stood next to me, "Something is up."

"Something they don't want us to know about." I added.

My phone suddenly rang in my pocket. I jumped and fished for it out of my pocket.

I pressed the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"Honey! We haven't talked to you in a while!""

Oh, no. That shrill voice. The peak in the high notes. The sound on dangling earrings against the receiver. Oh, you have got to be kidding me.

"Mom?"