I Didn't Deserve You

Looking At The Letter That You Left

I sat on the plane, idly bouncing my legs. I had called Ashley to find out where Bella was. The two had been keeping in contact since she had left. Ashley gave me all of the information as to get to the graduation ceremony. The whole time, I was thinking "Juliet, please wait for me." This was it. This was the moment I had been waiting for since Bella left me. The moment I was going to look back on and reminisce. I'm coming my love. Please wait.

I knew exactly what to do when I got there. I was going to wrap her in my arms and tell her how much I need and love her. Tell her that she is never getting away from me again. We were meant for each other, and she knows it. She's the missing piece I need. Big Rob leaned over next to me, tapping my shoulder lightly as my gaze stayed out the window.

"Nicholas, welcome back to California."

*******

I stood behind Kyle Simmons, and in front of Sarah Taylor. This was it. The end of life as I knew it. They were about to call my name. I couldn't help but think about the letter in my pocket. The letter for Romeo. It burned in my pocket. Well...not literally. It was as if it was a sign. But I ignored it as I heard the last few words that classified me as a child. I was no longer a girl, yet I'm not a woman. I'm somewhere in between.

"Aribella Marie Smith."

I took my first step onto the stage, and began my final walk.

********

"Come on Rob. I know he can drive faster than that. The ceremony started fifteen minutes ago."

I sat next to Big Rob in the limo as our driver crept through traffic. I was about to hop out again, but Rob gripped my arm and shook his head no.

"Nicholas, you have to wait. Be patient. Everything will be OK. We will be there soon enough."

I really hope he is right. I need to see her now though. Can I wait that long? My legs bounced as my hands gripped the seats tightly. If only I had someway to tell her that I was coming. To wait for me. Romeo is here baby. Just hold on. But I knew there wasn't. I knew that I was going to have to arrive and pour my heart out. If...she forgave me then.

Can't stop the rain from falling, can't stop my heart from calling you. It's calling you.

******

"And now, give it up for the class of 2009!!!!"

I grabbed my cap and tossed it up in the air, along with my fellow peers. People were crying, laughing, rejoicing. But me...I stood in the corner, watching as joyful tears were shed, and 'congratulations' were passed around. Where are you Romeo? I need you. Please come get me on your white horse. My only friend ran up and gripped my hands.

"Let's go out to eat, OK?"

I glanced through the crowd of bystanders, hoping to catch a familiar face. But nothing. Nothing at all. I turned back to Kylie and nodded my head yes. She and I exited off the stage and made our way to her Jeep.

I thought you were coming. But I guess not. This is goodbye my dear Romeo. Good bye forever.

*******

"Come on!!!!"

Big Rob gripped my wrist. "Don't worry Nick. We're here."

I looked out among all of the cars and grinned. Hoping out, I darted for the entrance way, swinging my body through all of the doors, until finally making my way to the back stage. A grin played huge across my face as I pulled open the curtain and gasped.

It was completely empty.

My heart shattered into a million tiny pieces as I tried to comprehend this. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to find Big Rob smiling at me.

"We'll find her Nick. Don't worry. She's here somewhere."

I nodded my head, letting a few tears fall.

"Are you guys looking for a graduate?"

Big Rob and my head popped up instantly. A guy around 30 stood before us, hands in pocket. I nodded my head forcefully, praying he could help us.

"Aribella Smith."

The man thought for a moment. "Oh, she left about 5 minutes ago. Right when everyone began to leave. Sorry."

A few more tears were shed from my eyes as I turned to Rob. He pulled me into his arms, and I cried on him. She was gone. I'll never see her again. Big Rob placed a hand on my back, and walked me towards the limo. Tears still falling from my eyes. He opened the door. Just as I was about to slide in, something in the limo stepped me. It was a letter in a white envelope. It was addressed to

Romeo