Don't Be Scared.

Chapter Four.

We got back to the table and I got in first then Nick scooted in after me. Everyone kept asking if I was alright and I just looked at Nick and said everything was fine. Everyone was eating there food except me. I just sat there and stared at my plate in disgust. All of a sudden Duncan comes running into the restaurant and ran over to our table. "Erin lets go." He demanded. I asked Nick to scoot out and Nick refused. "Let her do what she wants man." Nick said defending me. "Excuse me?" Duncan said with an attitude. "You heard me." Nick said standing up face to face with Duncan. "If you don't move, I'll punch your face in." Duncan threatened him. "Oh no you won't." Kevin and Joe said standing up from the table as well. I was scared and so was Anna. "Let's take this outside." Duncan said. "Fine." Nick said. Kevin put $120 down on the table "I hope this covers our meals." He said then following them outside. Anna and I just wanted to sit inside and not go outside but I didn't want to see Nick get hurt so I went out with them. They went to the side of the building and Duncan got all up in Nick's face. "Are you seriously going to start shit because Erin was with her friend and guys?" Nick said. "You think I'm joking don't you?" Duncan said. "You mess with my brother, you mess with us." Joe said standing next to Nick. I sat there and watched all this happen and I started to cry again. Anna put my head on her shoulder and let me cry. She took me to the car and we just sat there not wanting to watch what was going on, on the side of the restaurant. About twenty minutes later; Nick, Kevin, and Joe walk out from the side of the restaurant with their fists clenched tightly together. They walked over to the car and we got out. "What happened?" I asked them still tears running down my face. "We handled him for you." Joe said. "You what? Why?" I said. "So he knew who he was messing with, he doesn't deserve a girl like you. Not with the way he treats you." Nick said. "I live with him, you have to remember that. When I go home he might be there. I have to go get my dog and pack something because I am not staying there. As much as I love him, I can't." I said. "You love that guy?" Joe said interrupting. "Yes, very much." I said. "How can you like a guy like that?" Kevin asked. "He was not always like this; he became a drunk and always takes his anger out on me. I fell in love with a guy who cared for me and loved me. But he has changed, but I cannot stop loving him." I said putting my face down towards the ground. Nick walked over to me and put my hands in his. He then lifted my chin up and started talking. "You can't be with him, I can't see you hurt anymore." Nick said. "It's not that easy you know." I said. "I wouldn't know, because I have never been in love but I understand where your coming from. It is hard to just forget about a person." Nick said then putting his arms around me and embracing me into a hug. I hugged him back and smiled a bit. This actually for once felt right. I thought about Duncan for one second and broke the hug. I told them that we should get going. "Can I at least get your number?" Nick said. I hesitated for a second but then smiled and gave him my number and he gave me his. I put his number in my Iphone and he put my number in his cell. I gave Joe and Kevin my numbers too and they gave me theirs. Anna did the same with all three of them. "Give me a call whenever you need to talk." Nick said smiling. "Alright, will do." I said smiling. I was liking this guy even though I only knew him for a few hours. Nick gave me a hug and then gave Anna a hug as well. And we all exchanged hugs pretty much. "I'll talk you all later. Bye." I said waving as I walked away with Anna. "Their so cute." Anna squealed. "I know. I really like that Nick guy he is so sweet and actually cares about people unlike Duncan." I said with a smirk. I told Anna to meet me back at my house just in case Duncan was there. She followed me and we pulled up in front of my house and luckily Duncan was not there. I told Anna to be watch out just in case he got home. I ran in the house quickly and got a few pairs of clothes. I grabbed Benny and I went and got his dog food and whatever else he needed. I made sure I had everything. I forgot my toothbrush so I ran upstairs quickly. I got a text from Anna. Duncan is here. I panicked and rushed downstairs and out the back door with everything and Benny. I looked around the side and told Benny to be quiet and he listened like the good boy he is. I made sure Duncan was no where in site then I made a run for it to my car. I opened the back door and Benny got in I then shut the door softly and opened the drivers seat door and threw my things in the passenger seat and started my car. I'll meet you at your house I guess? I texted to her. Yeah, just hurry before Duncan comes out and sees you. I then drove off and followed Anna to her house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I thought it was interesting. I'm glad you all like the fanfic so far. I think Duncan is a creep too but thats why i love this story so much. What do you think will happen next? Tell me what you think. give me feedback please.