Blood, Sex and Booze

I Miss You, So Far.

[BILLIE'S POV]

It's been a year since Lyssa left me, Green Day was still working in the studio, Tre and Marty were still happily together, and Mike was single, but he didn't mind. I hadn't spoken to her since that horrible day. I didn't have my daughter, Abby, and my other daughter, Tally, who she was pregnant with at the time she left me, wouldn't even know her dad...I had nothing.

I wrote a song called 'Whatsername' for our new album. It would be the last song on the CD. I had to hold back tears every time I sang it. Since it was all about her. Fuck it, I need to start saying her name. I'm only killing myself by holding everything back.

I put my guitar back in it's case and gathered my things. I told the guys, Tre and Mike, that I would see them later, and I headed out the door to go to my car. I headed home, and dreading going into the room that I had once shared. But I did it anyways. I dressed myself in my pajamas, which consisted of boxers and a random band tee that I would find in my closet. It was half empty, just like my life. I went downstairs and turned on some Fuse to pass the time by.

[ALYSSA'S POV]

I sat in my fairly new apartment, still living here in Oakland, and still thinking of Billie. He was always on my mind these days. Even if I did leave him, and even if I was a huge bitch to him...I still loved him with all my heart and I would do anything to be with him again. All because of me and my stupid self. I started that damn fight, over nothing.

"I need to see him." I said to myself.

I began hearing voices, my own voice in my head. Damn right you need to go see him, you fucked up. You fucked up his life. Now look at you, you're miserable. Shut the fuck up. I didn't need to hear my own voice telling me what to do.

"Shut up!" I yelled, putting my hands to my head and almost ripping my hair out. Wow. I really was going insane.

I layed back in my bed, reminicing over all the old memories with him. I also missed my friends: Marty, Tre and Mike. Oh, especially Marty. The one who I've known almost my whole life, and I didn't even bother to talk to her.

What a shitty ass friend you are. that voice started to tell me.

I needed to fix things and set them straight.

[BILLIE'S POV]

Fuse was shit. It couldn't distract me, or entertain me. Lyssa never escaped my mind. I saw her face everywhere I went. I thought of the first line from our newest song, 'Whatsername'.

Thought I ran into you down on the street,
then it turned out to only be a dream.


I bet she had a new life now, and a better one. I bet she had a new boyfriend. We technically wern't apart, since we never got a divorce, we were still married to eachother. But she could of taken off her ring, which would of hurt me completely. I couldn't do that, I just couldn't. I went on a walk to clear my head. Even though I knew it wouldn't work.

[ALYSSA'S POV]

I stared at my wedding ring, spinning it in circles around my finger. If I wasn't going to be with Billie Joe, then I wasn't going to be with anybody else. I put on my beat up chucks, my ripped blue jeans and a random band tee. I wanted to go on a walk, so I did. I was in the main part of Oakland, when I saw the back of a man's head. Black spikey hair, chucks, black leather jacket; Billie. It simply had to be my Billie Joe. I ran to the man who looked extremely identical, hoping that I was right. I stepped in front of him and smiled, it was Billie. We stared at eachother and I could of sworn that I saw a smile tug at the corner of his angelic looking lips, and also a years worth of tears and hurt in his eyes.

"Hey Billie." I spoke, exhaling.

My eyes were glued to his, and I was smilling. I wanted to hug him, cry in his arms, and tell him that I was sorry for ruining his life.

"Hi Alyssa." he said back.

We still stood there, staring, as people passing us by stared at us and complained on how we wern't walking and we were in people's way and shit. So I got tired of hearing them complain, and asked him if he would like to go on a walk with me. He nodded his head, and we both continued to walk in the direction we were going, and this time we were side by side.
♠ ♠ ♠
1/8/09.
Thank you everybody who read 'Give Me Novacaine'!

xoxo- Adie.