Tension's Like a Fire

Chapter 1

They just walked down the back alley together unaware of where they’d really go.

They momentarily spoke about going to the parking lot they played football in. They weren’t in the mood to play ball.

Alex, the tall well-dressed pyrokinetic, gazed toward the sky looking content, peaceful as he started playing with his power. His hands covered in the blazing flames, his long, elegant looking fingers controlled the flames, directing them with every twitch of his fingers.

‘God, I never wanted to be like this.’ He thought. ‘I always wanted to fit in. I’m angry that I was all but chased from my home, but I can’t hold on to this anymore. I’m letting it go though I’ll never understand why you plagued me with this. Thanks for Zack, Rian, and Jack I don’t know where I’d be without th-’ He didn’t get to finish his silent prayer.

Zack put his elbow though the wall.

The wall cracked from the force of his elbow like glass would if an object flew straight through it without fully shattering it.

“What the hell Zack?” Rian, the sensible man with a face that may not have seen a razor for a while and hair that may have been closer shaven than his face, shouted at the man who only wore a totally unzipped hoodie, shoes, and pants to show off his muscular chest and had a curly mess of dirty blonde hair.

He pulled his elbow away. “What?” He asked feigning coy.

“How do you play innocent after you put your elbow through a brick wall?” Jack asked as he levitated a paper airplane above his left hand. He wasn’t at all concerned about the wall just amused by the way Zack tried to play it off.

“Well sorry,” He huffed. “I’m bored and you guys aren’t thinking of anything more interesting.”

“Life’s not all about fun.” Alex mused softly more to himself than Zack as his eyes remained on the sky.

The guys wished they’d ever really seen Alex happy since this all began. They knew all the times he’d ever seemed “Happy” it had been an act all for their benefit.

The guys were about to say something to Alex when a scream cut through the night sky.

They knew that was their call to action.

They all took off in the direction from which it came Rian having the obvious lead.

Rian getting to the scene first ran back to the guys to report what he saw as he ran their pace for a moment.

“There’s a girl and this big goon is trying something.” He shouted out then took off at his normal speed to get back to try and stop the man.

“Hey back off the girl!” He shouted.

The guy jumped, Rian had just “appeared” there but he went back to his tough facade. “What are you going to do to stop me?” He growled back.

Fire and garbage cans came at the man only just missing him as a warning.

Alex stood hands still ablaze with Jack’s hands still up ready to make something else fly with Zack standing behind them just as ready.

The man now had no issue with his fear, it was apparent to the world.

“Wha-What a-are you guys?” He stuttered out while putting his hands up showing he had no plans of putting up anymore of a fight.

Zack walked over to him, passing him going for the girl who’d curled up against the wall and picked her up as though she were a piece of paper.

“We’re the people guys like you should do your damnedest to avoid.” Jack spit serious only in this sort of situation. They’d learned goofy heroes don’t send fear into the hearts of criminals everywhere.

“We’ll let you go this time.” Zack said as he handed the girl to Alex before walking up to the man, “Next time we won’t be as forgiving. Got it?” With that he gave him what appeared to be a small shove but sent him flying into the wall with great force regardless.

The man got up and ran off as quick as he could manage.

“Is she ok?” Rian asked as they all turned to Alex looking at the small frail girl in his arms.

She’d pulled herself closer to him, clutching his shirt in her fist as she pressed her face to his chest with her eyes clamped shut tears still flowing from them staining his shirt.

Alex looked at her -really looked at her- for the first time. He saw her chocolate brown hair, her skin pale and blotchy from crying, a short pixie-like nose, long dark eyelashes that surrounded her closed eyes, and her short but full bow shaped lips.

‘She’s beautiful.’

“She’s fine.” He spoke in a gruff voice as he passed her back to Zack turning away. He’d let his emotions get in the way of things before only to have his heart stepped on right in front of his eyes. He didn’t plan on doing that again.

Alex swore the world was just an evil conspiracy to make him miserable when Jack spoke.

“I think she should stay with us.” He stated simply and confidently. “She needs us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's the first chapter of my new story! I hope you like it
I'm not sure if I like this chapter but I know I'll like the rest more I think this is just the lame intro.

Again I'm going to whore some stories
Remembering Sunday
That's Stephie-Renee18's Alex Gaskarth story which I'll now admit I'm addicted to.

All My Balloons Are Popping
That's my bestest buddy Elisa1890's original fiction that I'm in love with even though the first chapter is all that's up. Show her some love she's new!

Because I can.

Jazz
Sally