Tension's Like a Fire

Chapter 22

More jokes flew about the next morning when Sally emerged from Jack’s room with her hair going in so many directions it seemed to have a life of it’s own.

Of course there was a smile that rivaled every other famous smile on the planet on Jack’s face when he walked out a while later.

Alex and Jazz didn’t really say anything -because really who were they to talk- but they chuckled as they made breakfast together.

This was the first time in a long time there was a real breakfast cooked in this kitchen and Alex and Jazz were enjoying it.

They pretended everyone else wasn’t there -much like when Alex and Jazz were fighting over the hose extension on the sink- and just played and flirted while cooking this breakfast.

Alex was reaching for the pan to take the finished eggs off the stove so they wouldn’t burn but Jazz got his attention.

He missed the pan by a few small but meaningful inches and stuck his finger in the flame.

“Shit!” He shouted and pulled his finger out quickly and examining the small burn.

“Are you ok?” Jazz asked hurriedly instantly feeling bad for distracting him.

“Yeah I’m fine.” He said shrugging it off.

“I thought you couldn’t get burned?” She asked confused by his power now.

He sighed annoyed at the stupid loophole his power had. “It’s kinda hard to explain. I can’t be burned by my fire. If the fire’s not under my control I can be. I learned that the hard way.”

She quirked a brow still confused. “How’d you figure it out?”

“Well, before I left home right after I found out about my powers I felt almost invincible. So when some of the kids that gave me a lot of crap were playing with fireworks I thought I’d go over and screw with them. I thought I’d be able to walk out from behind the flames of one of the fireworks and look really trippy and freak ‘em out a bit. Of course as I go to do it I burn.” He said simply. Then he lifted his hand to show her something else. “But there’s something really cool about my power.” He lit his burnt finger with his own fire then let the flame die out. Once the flame was gone so was the redness from the burn. “My fire uses the heat that hangs out under your skin when you get burnt so it doesn’t scar me.”

She was awed. “That’s amazing.”

His smile rose to the side of his face. “You already knew I’m pretty awesome.” His eyebrows moved suggestively telling his real meaning.

She rolled her eyes and shoved him. “Way to keep your mind in the gutter you perv.”

He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek before whispering in her ear. “You love it.”

“Breakfast!” Jack shouted obnoxiously from the couch where he sat with his arm draped over Sally’s shoulder. “I demand breakfast! I’m a hungry man!”

Alex and Jazz both laughed at the typical Jack and moved apart to finish what they were doing.

The food came out great -well the eggs were a little over done but they all looked passed it- and Zack came home just in time to eat.

“Wow did everyone get laid last night?” Amelia asked from her spot at the table as he walked in.

Rian who sat next to her looked over at her listlessly. “Everyone but us? Yes.”

“You guys could stop complaining and just start fucking.” Of course that would come from Jack.

Amelia laughed out loud again at this sort of scenario as did the other two girls.

Rian was offended. “What the hell are you guys laughing about?”

Sally spoke trying to suppress her laughter. “You’re just not her type.” Was all she could get out before cracking up again.

Jack thought this meant something good for him a cockily spoke. “I think I know her type.”

“Whatever you say Jack.” Jazz added.

Now Alex couldn’t stop his curiosity. “Ok, what’s your type?”

“Women.” She said with a smile knowing what would happen next .

The guys started to laugh, assuming she was joking.

Then they realized she might not be joking.

“Seriously?” They chorused again.

Now Amelia laughed again. “Quite serious actually. I don’t get why people are so surprised by that.”

Alex looked over at Jack and couldn’t stop himself. “Yep you’re really her type.”

Laughter broke back out and Jack just glared. “Ha. Ha. You guys are hilarious.”

Conversation died down for a while until Zack knew he had to speak.

“Guys,” He started. “I need to tell you something.”

They looked at him waiting for more.

“Jenny has powers too.”

“What?” Rian asked totally surprised. “She’s lived next door all this time and we never noticed?”

“She didn’t know we had powers either.” Zack responded lightly. “Well, I’m worried about Stefan going after her too.”

“What’s her power?” Amelia asked getting serious.

He paused trying to think of how to describe it. It wasn’t such a simple power to explain like super-strength, pyrokinesis, or shape shifting.

“Umm, her hands show her the past. Like if she touches something she sees all the things it’s seen, all the things it’s been through.” He explained awkwardly coming at the words.

“Intriguing.” Amelia said obviously interested. “That is an awe inspiring power. He’ll want it. They will be coming after her soon enough. How long has she been living here?”

“Longer than we have.” Alex answered for the now even more worried Zack.

She was even more interested now. “Really? She’s been off the radar this long? I’d be smart to say he’s going to be aware of her soon if he isn’t already. His attention is focused around here. He’ll see her too.”

Zack ran his hands over his face. “I can’t let anything happen to her.”

Jack and Alex looked to him sympathetically, knowing his exact feeling.

Alex stepped up behind him and placed his hand comfortingly on his back. “Don’t worry man. We got this.”

Jack looked around at the serious faces that surrounded him. “So it’s about time we start making a real plan?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short.
I was checking the stats on this story and OH MY GOD! YOU PEOPLE ARE AMAZING!
185 Readers. 54 Subscribers. And 68 Comments.
The amazing amount of comments I got on the last chapter is what got this out so quick.
But I'll tell you the next chapter won't be out so quick because I'm trying to find the right place to continue.

Whoring!
CatherineMary's story
We're Heading To A Place Where I'll Prove I'm All You Want And More
It's amazing go read and comment The Cab fans!

Oh and actually she just started her Alex Gaskarth sequel!
Sometimes Its Better To Give In
So if you read the first one here ya go... And if you didn't go read it now and catch up!

Stephie's story
Remembering Sunday
For the Alex Gaskarth lover in all of us.