Tension's Like a Fire

Sequel

Five years have passed.
Jazz discovered herself to be not quite as fragile as she once believed.
Alex found happiness for the first time in years.
Sally and Jack realized their love was mutual.
Zack and Jenny really discovered each other.
And Rian… Well… He realized he was the most sane one out of them all.

Now they have been thrust into the limelight. They, the real life superheroes, have been found out by the people of the city after that fateful night years ago.

And the people accepted them. Adored them. Were thankful for them

They donated money so they could quit their jobs and focus everything on “superhero-ing” and keeping them safe.

It worked.

Women could walk down a dark street at night without having to clutch a can of pepper spray. A mother in a park could turn her head away from her children for a moment without having to fear that when her eyes return her children won’t be there.

Things were peaceful.

They were treated like celebrities, too. People in this city paid less attention to the musicians and movie stars that walked by than people anywhere else because they had people really worth watching. People who were legitimately different.

This night after their basically pointless patrol Rian knowing he didn’t want to be home with the couples filling the place to the brim he decided to stop at a bar.

He walked in and took his place at the bar and sat through the onslaught of women throwing themselves at, him and people buying him beers. He turned the women down and thank people for the beers before they all eventually left him alone.

Once he’d finally received the deserved moment’s peace he looked around for the gentlemen who’d been serving him the beers people bought for him only to realize he’d stepped to the back or something.

So he saw a woman at the other end of the bar with her back to him. So he called to her instead.

“Excuse me, miss?”

When she turned to him and started walking his way he was floored.

The woman was absolutely stunning.

Even in the bar’s minimal lighting he could see her sparkling aqua colored eyes.

“What can I get you?” She asked in way that you knew her courtesy was natural and not a work thing.

He blinked a few times, trying to remember, but nothing came to him. “You know what I can’t remember.”

She laughed, “Ok, I’ll be back when you do.”

“Please don’t leave.” He threw out quickly. Then he felt the heat rise to his cheeks.
She laughed again amused with him. “I have to wait on some people on the other end of the bar but I’ll come back. I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter of the sequel's up! This is just the beginning! You know where the link is! Go, Subscribe, Love!