My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Just Another Day To Dream

I walk into work still shattered from the night before, wishing I got slightly more sleep, but knowing if I did come in late Mr Cartwright would fire me, then put my head on a pike as a souvenir. I slowly walk up the stairs to my office I saw a familiar person, Blake, the hot dude who’s office is next to mine.

"Hi Blake" I say in your girlie-ish voice.

"Hi Dest" he says back as he walks into his office. I keep telling myself there is no chance on this earth that he will ever go out with me, but hey its always nice to dream, I mean since people like Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Pete Wentz, Frank Iero, Gerard Way and other great guys are totally out of my league, so you have to settle with the hot dude next door well next office but its close enough to the whole guy next door thing most normal people get. I open the door to my office and take my suite jacket off; yes it’s sad we all have to wear a suite of some sort. Of course I chose the classic ladies suite with the whole white shirt, jacket and a black skirt just above your knee. I slump down onto my chair just about to turn on the computer when, as always, Mr Cartwright walks in.

"Destiny I have a new client for you, he's trying to get a mortgage on his new house" he said walking over with a pile of papers which if I stood next to it would come up to at least my knee, maybe that's a slight exaggeration but still "I said I'd get you to do it since your that best in the business" he said smiling, he actually gave me a complement, which doesn’t happen very often.

"But sir I've already got the Paulson case and the Cooper case I can’t handle anymore, please give it to someone else" I asked, well pleaded.

"No Destiny I've asked you to do it so you have to and anyway our client is some sort of celebrity he says he's in some band thing , you might recognize him , so isn't it worth it?" as much as it pains, he was right.

"If it gets too much can I hand it over to Blake or someone?"

"well yes but do try first" he said walking out of my office "Oh yes he's in room nine" I grabbed my jacket and slip it on , grab some papers and made my way down to room nine.

"Hello I’m Destiny Jenkins I'll be sorting out your mortgage" I said as walked into the room. There see the man sitting down , his back turned to me , he's got black hair with red highlights in , there’s only one dude you know in a band who has hair like that.

"Hello I'm Pete Wentz" he said turning around and offering his hand to me, I take it and shake it calmly. 'OK stay calm its only bloody Pete Wentz… you can do this' I said to myself obviously not out loud
We start talking about all the different kinds of mortgages and stuff and having a real in depth conversation, he's a really good listener not to mention hot.

"OK then Mr Wentz…” he cuts me off.

"Pete" he said smiling "Please, its Pete, I hate being called Mr Wentz it reminds me too much of my father"

"Oh sorry Pete" I can’t believe I'm calling Pete Wentz, Pete, its unbelievable "All I need know is your signature here and that’s it" I gave him the paper and he signs it. I glanced at the clock its 12:30, finally lunch.

"So when your lunch break?"

"Now...finally" I said with a sign of relief.

"Aw it wasn’t that bad it was only....two and a half hour long meeting thing" he said smiling.

"Oh no not at all" I said sarcastically.

"Tell you what for all your hard work your doing for me I'm going to buy you lunch, what do you say?" I looked at him gob smacked, Pete Wentz is offering to buy ME lunch.

"OK then" I said happily, he offered his hand again and I took it, we walk out of the office and Jayne walks past.

"So we off to lunch De?" I completely forgot that we were having lunch.

"Well err..." I pause and look at both Jayne and Pete. Jayne looks at you and then at Pete not recognizing who it is then does a double take and realizes who it is.

"Are you...you ARE...OH MY GOD YOUR PETE WENTZ" she said in excitement.

"Yep well I was last time I looked" he looked at me and smiled and I couldn't help but smile back.

"I love your music...we went to your concert last night it was absolutely amazing I don’t know if you remember but I was the one who said.." I pushed my hand over her mouth she pushed it away "Who said that my friend wanted to be the friction in your jeans and your holding her hand" he looked at me shocked yet still smiling.

"Really?" he asked thinking he knew the answer.

"Well...err I was sort of drunk" Jayne was about to protest but then decided not to and I sent her a silent thank you.

"Ahhh but people are far more honest when their drunk than when they're sober don't you think?" I know exactly what he means and nod "Oh well life’s good" Jay was smiling quite insanely now, acting like she’s five again "OK then we were going out…”

"What you and Destiny… Destiny Jenkins?" she asked curiously.

"Yep" both Pete and I said in unison and smiled. We walked straight past the now very dazzled Jayne and down to the nearest Starbucks, where we talked about anything and everything for at least an hour until I had to go back to work and he had to get back to the rest of the guys. That was the best lunch ever, not only because it was with Pete Wentz, because I left with his mobile number, his E-mail address and a kiss and he got exactly the same back.