Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

Milana

“GAH!”

I scrambled against the wall. Tristan laughed.

“Gotcha.”

His face had been about two inches from mine.

“Tristan, you shouldnt scare her like that.” Michael scolded, “her body’s too feeble.” He was standing in the doorway with a clipboard in his hands.

“And speaking of body,” A girl with blonde hair popped her head in. “we need to get you some better clothes.” Her delicate features crinkled in distaste.

I looked down at my two-day-old, blood and dirt stained t-shirt and jeans.

“Like, now. So all boys need to get out!” She said, pushing both out into the hallway. “You can come back when we’re done!” She closed and locked the door, then rushed over and closed the blinds. I noticed she and I were the only ones in the room.

Ember must’ve been moved.

“Now,” The girl said, “we can get started!” She scurried over to a linen closet and flung open the doors. There was an assortment of dresses, of all colors and designs.

Oh God, no. I hate dresses.

I scrambled for the door, trying to unlock it, but it was no use. It was locked with a key, and I’m betting she had it.

I was right.

“Hey!” She called. I looked over at her. She was swinging a key connected to a chain around her finger. Then she put it on as a necklace. “Sorry, sweetheart, no chance of you escaping.”

I sighed in surrender, and she pounced on the chance.

“Now, what color would look best? Not darker colors; how about something bright? Or,” she looked at my green eyes. “Something green? Forest? Not lime, heavens no. Hmm....” She set a variety out on the bed. “This one!” She exclaimed, pointing to an olive-forest green color combination.

It wasn’t all that bad, really. The top had a corset look: strapless, with tie up in the back. Glitter was sprinkled on the waist and down. It was slightly poofy, but pretty all the same.

I shook my head, “It won’t look good on me.”

She looked at the dress, and then at me. “Nonsense! Now, let’s try it on!” She started helping me undress, in a very uncomfortable way.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing!” I shouted.

She sniffed. “Well. You didn’t have to shout.” She turned around and took a couple steps away from me.

I sighed and changed out of my old clothes, then had a pitiful attempt at putting the dress on by myself. It gradually started to get better, and that’s when I noticed she was at my side again, helping me.

“Look, I didn’t mean to shout at you. I’m just....” I stared off into space, leaving my sentence open.

“It’s all right.” She said. This brought tears to my eyes, for some unknown reason. “Don't cry! You look marvelous in your new dress!” She said, handing me a box of tissues.

I used some, then smiled weakly at her. “Sorry.”

“Hey; you know what I just realized? I don’t know your name!” She said brightly.

“And I don’t know yours.” I replied.

“Well, let’s start over! My name is Milana. It’s nice to meet you.” She smiled and did a curtsy.

I grinned back at her. “And I’m Peridot. I’m much obliged.” I made a mock bow.

We both straightened at the same time, then grinned at each other for a few minutes.

Suddenly, Milana bounced to the closet, looking like she was eager to browse through more clothes. “So, you’ll wear that later; I’m glad it fits. For now, though,” She pulled out a small, black dress, “You can wear this!”

I quickly changed dresses (but only with Milana’s help), and she observed my new one.

“Wonderful!” She declared and clapped her hands together.

The black dress was a little above knee length. It dipped a little low in the front and back, with pinched straps.

“Now for the rest of you!” She said, pulling out accessories, curling irons, makeup and God knows what else out of the bottomless closet.

I sighed.

This would take a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm actually updating! Woo! XD

The flower and All hearts will be updated the most within the next couple of weeks. I hope you're excited, because:

MY WRITER'S BLOCK IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!

and you know what that means:

MORE UPDATES!

XD

Get ready, 'cause it starts today.