Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

Nobody's Home

“Wh-what? Topaz, come on. Let’s go home.” I said.

“As I said before, you have no home. And neither do I.”

“Pazzi, you know --”

“Don’t call me that!” She shouted.

I winced. She’d never used that tone of voice with me before.

She regained her cool composure. “We have no home because our parents died in a fire last night.” Her eyes glinted with malice.

“No...no. NO!” I screamed, holding my hands over my ears. “I don’t believe you!”

“Then believe this!” She shouted and threw something at me.

It was my mother’s head.

I screamed again, and she laughed maniacally. “You should’ve been there, listening to your parents. ‘Spare Peridot, just please spare her! Spare our baby!’ It was pathetic.” She spat at me.

I winced.

“Why all the scream --” Tristan started, entering the room. Michael was right behind him. Once Tristan saw what was going on, it made him freeze. Michael looked disgusted, while Tristan looked furious.

“I’ll leave you to your insanity.” Topaz said calmly, like nothing had ever happened. Then she left.

Milana came to comfort me, but I didn’t feel her; everything was numb.

My mother’s sightless eyes stared up at me accusingly.

I whimpered, then it grew to a wail.

I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, even though the darkness came for me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but there's another one coming up!!

More coming soon! And don't forget that this is on fictionpress.com as well!