Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

Unacceptable

:_:_:_:

Mom stood in front of me, smiling. Naturally, I smiled back.

Then her expression changed to horror.

Topaz came behind mom, and instantly fire engulfed the both of them. I couldn’t speak or move. I just had to watch, even as mom’s head rolled towards me. Then it spoke. “You shouldn’t have left us. Why couldn’t you save us? Why?”

I just cried and apologized.

“I’m sorry, Mama, I’m sorry....”

I couldn’t protect you, Dad, or Topaz.

Not even Vy or Luke.

I can’t protect anyone.

I let you die.

Please forgive me.

I’m useless.

:_:_:_:

Tristan’s rage boiled at Lady Topaz. She shouldn’t have done that -- showing Peridot the head of her own mother. That was way out of line.

But who was he to correct the boss?

He almost wished Master Luke was still alive. He would’ve ended this business before everything got out of hand.

This chaotic human-trafficking business run by Lady Topaz, called Element. The whole clothes thing was just a cover-up, of course.

But Lady Topaz was right on one thing:

it’s unstoppable.

:_:_:_:

Ember’s fury resonated throughout the hall. Anything within her grasp she threw against the wall, letting out a stream of curses.

Naturally, this attracted the attention of Lady Topaz.

She approached Ember at the scene. “Poor dear -- you feel neglected, don’t you?”

Ember snarled in response.

“Then go after her. Go after Peridot.”

:_:_:_:

I groaned when I opened my eyes. The sunlight streamed in through the windows, temporarily blinding me. For one, brief moment, my pain was forgotten.

Then it rushed back to me, as if it was angry that I had forgotten it for even a second.

I cried out, but no one was there to hear me.

Alone. I was alone.

I cried and cried until no more tears would come.

Thankfully, the welcoming darkness came for me again, taking me into its arms and a gentle embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Told you another one was coming up!

More coming soon!