Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

Peri and Pazzi

"Peri!" A familiar voice called from behind me. I turned and saw my best friend Topaz running towards me. "Peridot! Geez, did the shrink just now let you out? Classes are over already, and I wanted to tell you so much!"

Her pouty expression made me laugh. "Relax, Pazzi, we can talk in my car." We began walking to the parking lot together.

My name is Peridot Marie Johnson. I am 16 years old and am a Junior at Arcadia High School. I have caramel-brown, below shoulder-length hair with bright green eyes.

Hence the name Peridot.

Topaz Mariposa Banks is my best friend. She calls me Peri, and I call her Pazzi. Pazzi has auburn, mid-back hair with brown eyes. People get creeped out by her appearance, but I like it. It distracts you from her bubbly personality. She's a Junior, like me. I drive her home everyday.

Neither of us like school very much, but we understand that we need an education if we want to do good in this world.

Our mothers were in pregnancy fitness classes together. One thing led to another, and soon they were friends, coming up with names for their babies.

They obviously settled on gemstone names. Strangely enough, both our mothers were named after flowers.

My mom's name is Hyacinth (people call her Cynthia, or sometimes Cindy). Topaz mom's name is Violet (but most people call her Vy).

Pazzi's family comes over for dinner on Sundays. It's been a tradition since the pregnancy classes.

Mom and Vy are still great friends. It's weird, because Mom's so laid back and easygoing, while Vy is a busybody and is always doing something for others.

We got in my white, 2004 Honda Civic, with the little rainbow butterfly ornament hanging from the rear view mirror. "Okay, Pazzi, what is it?" I asked. She was practically squirming in anticipation. She pulled her laptop (I know! She has a laptop! Her parents are freaking loaded!) Out of her book bag and started clicking away at something.

I leaned over to see what she was doing. Topaz pulled up her email and clicked on one called "Practice makes Perfect!".

A picture of a guy came up. He had pitch-black hair with piercing golden eyes. He looked to be in his early twenties, maybe even 19 or so.

I blinked, then groaned. "Pazzi, don't tell me we have another mission!" She grinned at me.

"Then I guess I won't tell you what this hottie's name is, then."

"Pazzi, we just finished an assignment last week! We practically destroyed a whole freaking neighborhood doing it!"

"But, but, Peri! This time could be fun!" She pouted.

I just laughed. "All right, fine. This time, can we capture him in a field or something? I feel bad when we destroy people's houses." I turned the key in the ignition and drove out of the parking lot.

On the way to Pazzi's house, she chattered on about this guy we were supposed to hunt down.

"His name's Tristan. God, look at those eyes! He's freaking gorgeous!" She swooned.

"Don't drool in my car." I warned.

"Peri! Ew!" She made a face and I laughed again. I pulled into her driveway.

"Come, on, admit it! He's cute, right?" She said, making no move to get out of the car.

I sighed.

"I guess so...

But his eyes...

They hold another depth...

One that speaks of...

Darkness....

We need to be careful when we fight him."

She looked at me weird for a moment, then got out. "I'll call ya later when I have more info! See ya!" She called over her shoulder, skipping to the front door.

I looked over and noticed that she left the door open.

"Dang it, Pazzi!"

I closed my eyes and reached out to the door. The I closed it with my mind.