Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

Start from the Beginning

Once inside, Milana released me and started jumping up and down.

“I can’t believe you met Ben!” She squealed.

“Ow! Tone it down a little, woman!” I complained, covering my ears.

“Sorry,” She apologized, looking sheepish, “He’s just so hot!Eeeeeeee!” She squealed again. I shook my head at her, smiling a little.

The the door was flung open, revealing Tristan. His nostrils were flared, eyes narrowed, and his eyebrows looked like they were going to leave some super bad wrinkles on his forehead. And don’t even mention the hostile body language. To sum it all up, he was pissed.

And where was this anger directed towards? Well, seeing as he was staring me down like I had just curb-stomped his face.... I’m guessing the source of his anger was none other than me.

Milana gasped, but his gaze was unwavering upon my face. “What.... was he..... doing here?”He spat out the words as if they were poisonous.

I, on the other hand, was completely calm. “Relax, Tristan. He was just helping me find my way back to my room. Milana fell down on the job.” I said nonchalantly, waving my hand in the air. Milana narrowed her eyes at me at the mention of her name, but I ignored her.

Tristan followed suit, his eyes narrowing even more than they already were. “Are you sure?”

“Will you just calm down? Sheesh!” I put my hands on my hips and leaned forward slightly. “Yes, all right?! That was all he did. Now relax and take a ‘chill pill’ before you pop a blood vessel, or whatever vampires do when they’re pissed off and stressed out.” I waved my hand some more at him.

He glared, then relaxed and smiled. “Okay, I trust you. But be careful around him. He’s notorious for having a nasty temper; almost as bad as Lady Topaz.” I involuntarily flinched.

Milana noticed my reaction. “All right, Tristan, shoo! Get out!” She ‘pushed’ him out of the room and started to close the door behind him, but a hand shot out and caught it.

“Milana,” A familiar voice started, “would mind you give Peridot and I some time together? Alone?”

“O-of course. I mean,” She blushed and stammered, “S-sure. I’ll go outside and w-wait.” She re-opened the door for them, and I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding, smiling at his familiar presence. Milana left hastily and closed the door behind her.

I studied him. He looked the same as when I saw him on the bridge, but this time, he was carrying a plate of food. My stomach growled in anticipation.

He chuckled. “I figured you’d want something to eat. It seems like it’s been a while since your last meal.”

We sat down on the bed and he handed the tray to me. There was a sandwich with some mystery meat in it, an orange, and a bottle of water. I started peeling the orange at once.

“I left some questions of yours unanswered.” He stated. I nodded in response, but he hesitated, looking unsure. I smiled in encouragement, and he returned the gesture somewhat tentatively, then spoke. “I’ll start from the beginning.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = <3.
<3 = cookies.
Therefore, you should leave me comments. :]
Arigato!
Mwuah.<3
~Chez