Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

"I look like an effing Hooker."

The end result of Milana’s work was pretty nice. My hair ended up in a french twist, with a single lock of hair curled and hanging down at my temple. The red dress fit snugly -- almost too snugly for my taste. I refused to wear tights, and seeing as that would be harder to force me into than a dress was, Milana handed me a pair of white stilettos with a two-inch heel. A set of pearls adorned my neck, ears, and wrist. When I glanced in the mirror and saw all of this, I complained that I looked like a hooker.

Milana stared at me, her expression blank. “But that’s how you’re supposed to look.”

I slapped my forehead. “Let’s just go.” I muttered, a slight depression settling over me.

Milana saw this instantly. “Now, now, Peridot,” she started, but I interrupted.

“If you think I’m going to stand there on that stage and smile pretty for all those horny men, you’ve got another thing coming. From this moment on, no man is going to touch me without my permission.” I vowed, feeling particularly bold.

“Good luck with that.” Milana muttered.

I glared at her. Then the door opened, and Ben entered.

“Does no one knock anymore?!” I asked in exasperation. Ben didn’t appear to hear me. I guess he was too busy appraising me with his eyes. I took a defensive stance, putting my hand on my hip and narrowing my eyes. “You can look, but don’t get any ideas, okay?” I warned.

He merely grinned at my warning, and turned to Milana. “Nice job. She looks great.”

Milana nearly melted into a puddle right then and there. I snickered.

“May I escort you out?” He asked, giving me a mock bow.

I pursed my lips, trying to contain a smile, and rolled my eyes. “Whatever.”

He grinned and took my arm, and we walked out the door. I could’ve sworn that just before we left the room, Milana was shooting me dirty looks.

“Seriously though. You look great.” Ben said once we were out of Milana’s earshot.

“Whatever.” I repeated, choosing to ignore the compliment. He shook his head at me. We rounded a corner. I had a sudden thought. “Hey, is this going to be the last time I see you?” I asked, turning my head to look at him.

He met my gaze and smiled. “I wouldn’t bet on that.”

We stopped at a door. I could see Tristan coming around another corner. Ben grinned all of a sudden. “Before I hand you over, there’s something I want to try.” He twirled me around to face him, his hand at my lower back.

And then he kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
*le gasp*
xD

COMMENT.
Your leader commands you.

Mwuah.<3
~Chez