Status: COMPLETED!

Shatter

Escaping my Grasp

Yep, I'm a telekinetic. Oh, and I'm also a telepathic. I'm practically tele-everything, telephone, telecommuter, etc.

Just Kidding.

I got it from my parents. My mom can heal stuff with her mind, and my dad is also a telepathic.

No chance of me ever sneaking out.

I haven't been able to heal stuff yet, but mom's determined to find the power in me.

Our family belongs to a sect, or group, of tele-whatevers called "Life."

I think it's a lame title. Most tele-'s believe that our powers give others life, or something. I don't know. Just...whatever, man.

Anyway, Topaz and her parents belong to a sect called "Element."

You know that clothing line, Element? Yeah, that's where they get their profits from.

Greedy little people.

Vy controls water and earth, and Luke, Pazzi's dad, controls air and fire. Yeah, her dad's practically schizo.

So Topaz inherited all of it. She's ranked as a Super, just two below Ultimate. Yep, her sect has ranks. They all have superiority issues, except a few like Pazzi and Vy.

Her dad, I'm not so sure about, but I know Vy's got him under control.

Which reminds me, never tick Pazzi off? She's got her father's temper.

Pazzi and I work as a team, which is unusual. Most sects tend to stick to themselves.

Hey, what works is what works.

Both of our sects assign us missions through email. I'm just glad they don't use snail mail anymore.

I drove home, thinking about our mission. What was this Tristan guy? I know there's other sects, but I don't remember most.

Light, Dark, Human, Life, Element...what else? Something obvious was escaping me.

I'd have to ask mom.