"You Have No Idea"

One year and My dreams

"I can't believe it's tomorrow." He said to himself as he crossed off the last date on his calendar to reveal the circled one as the next day. "One year exactly."

He laid down on his bed, just getting back from his job at Subway. It was the only place that didn't remind him of her, which seemed impossible since everything reminded him of her. He closed his eyes, resting his hands behind his head.

"Sid, help me!" She cried as the pain increased. He tried to help her, but he couldn't move. "Nancy, I can't." He said, squinching his eyes from the pain. "Sid, get me out of this car!" Nancy screamed, more desperate than ever.

"Nancy, I can't! Where are you?"
"I'm right here."

Sid was barely able to turn his head to see her. He saw a lock of Nancy's golden hair. "Nancy!" He cried. He started to cry a little. "Sid this is it." She said, her voice becoming softer and softer.

"No, Nancy, don't say that! Help will be here any moment, just hold on!"
"I love you, Sid."

"No! Nancy hold on," but it was too late. She was gone and he knew it.

He shuddered from the memory. With every second of him recollecting, he felt his heart leave his chest. He thought he would never be able to love again. The second she left his world was the second his heart left. He had loved her, but she was gone, and the worst part was that his last words to her was "No! Nancy, hold on."

Oh how he desperately wanted to tell her how much he loved her. He wanted to tell her that he loved her more than the whole entire universe, more than this world would ever know. She was the only one who completed him.

He would of if he had only known. But know he couldn't, and he regreted it everyday of his life. He blamed himself for everything, including the crash.

All he did was lean in for a kiss, accidently hitting the gas pedal and getting hit by the cars coming across the intersection. If he had only known...

It had been a year now, and he hadn't been in any relationships. He couldn't. He couldn't picture himself with anyone, and the brutal truth was he still loved her. He couldn't get over her; he couldn't move on.

He had changed. He used to be, especially with Nancy, happy-go-lucky. Now he was barely living. He went to work and he came home, that was it. He deserted his friends and family. He couldn't relate to anyone anymore, he felt so alone.

He closed his eyes, falling asleep to a nightmare of the crash happening over and over again.

He stood behind the counter at his job, barely there when another soul walked in. She had wavy blonde hair with a retro flair about her. She said hello to everyone sitting in the booths with a "small town charm". Odd, since this was New York and any "small town charm" that was there had left long ago. She came to his place at the counter.

"Um, can I have a turkey sandwich. But I'm a vegitarian, so hold the turkey. Do you guys have tofu burgers?"

He stared at her. She was beautiful, he couldn't help but stare. "Um, yeah we uh, do." Sid said, fiddleing with the tofu and stuff but ended up burning himself. She giggled abit.

"So, why are you working here?" She asked while he tried to make her sandwich. He looked ar her. He hadn't told anybody the real reason. "I just felt like it." He finally said. "Hhmm, well you seem to smart to be working here." She said, taking her sandwich and sat down in a booth.

She sat there, even when it came time for him to get off work, she sat there. He had screwed up people's orders all day and the last thing he wanted was to look like a dork in front of her. He hung up his apron and started to walk out the door. He wanted to wait to see if she would come after him. But he couldn't do that, oh no, he couldn't. So he walked out the door, down the street to his small apartment that he shared the lonely nights with him and himself only.

He got half-way down the block when he felt someone tap him on the shoulder.

"Hey-"

He turned around to see her. "Hi." He said, shocked. "Hi, well, I wanted to say that...I think you're really cute." She said with a smile. "Really." He said, shocked. "Yeah, and...my name's Donna." She said, sticking out her hand. "Mine's Sid, Sidney, but Sid." He said, shaking her hand. "Well hi, Sidney-but-Sid." She said with a flirty smile.

"So...," Donna said, sticking her hands in her back pocketts on her jeans. "wanna go out sometime?" She asked.

"Sure." He said before realizing...

"Okay. How about tonight. Meet me at Studio 54?" She asked. He nodded his head.

They said their good-byes and parted ways. He walked away with a smile. This was the first time he had felt like this in a LONG time.